Always.

Prayed To A God I Don't Believe In

This was all Han Geng's fault. It was his fault that Heechul had barely left his room in almost a month. It was his fault that Heechul had spent the better part of that month curled up on his bed crying. And it was definitely his fault that the first time Heechul left his room was to visit the small church down the street from the dorm building.

 

Heechul's head rested in his hands as he contemplated once again what he was doing there. He hadn't meant it when he had told Siwon he would go to the church - he had only been trying to shut the younger man up - but there he was, sitting in the last pew towards the back of the church, thick scarf covering the bottom half of his face and dark sunglasses hiding his bloodshot eyes from the other two people in the building.

 

Heechul stood up finally, angry at himself for stooping so low as to actually pray to a god that he didn't even believe in, but not so angry that he wasn't going to do it. Heechul made his way to the front of the church, dropping to his knees once he was there and glancing behind him to see the couple that had been sitting across from him get up and leave.

 

He sighed heavily, feeling tears sting his eyes once more as he thought about what to say.

 

"I've never done this before, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but..." Heechul took a deep breath, blinking rapidly in an attempt to clear his vision. "I feel lost without him." He whispered after several moments of silence. "I just...I know that I have no right to ask this, but, if there is any truth to all of this and you're there, please, just help me. I feel alone and lost since he left and I just need something to point me in the right direction. I just need to move on." His voice broke on the last sentence, prompting him to stand and rush back down the aisle to the doors at the end. He had to get out of there; he didn't belong in a house of worship when he had no faith.

 

The wind on his damp cheeks was harsh when he got outside, making him feel numb after only a few seconds.

 

"Hyung." Heechul's head snapped up at the sound of Siwon's voice, finding the younger man leaning against the wall next to the doors, a small smile on his face as he walked forward. "I didn't actually think you'd come here. Did it help?" Heechul only hesitated a moment before nodding and hurling himself into Siwon's arms. He didn't know if it was God's work or just Siwon being a caring dongsaeng, but at that moment Heechul didn't care; he just wanted to be held and forget about the Chinese man who had run off with his heart and left him feeling empty and lost.

 

"Thank you for being here, Siwon-ah." Heechul said, grip around Siwon's waist tightening as the younger rubbed his back soothingly.

 

"I'm always here for you, hyung. Always."