Since I Mentioned It

Since I Mentioned It

 

I

It was late when they finally got to the airport in Los Angeles. Not really, but they had been traveling for like a whole day and they were tired. The managers told them they had to stay awake until at least 10 PM so they wouldn’t be as jetlagged, but it was hard. Junhong had tried skateboarding but after he had fallen and hit his face on a car in the parking lot Yongguk put an end to that. In the end they played Monopoly and Jongup just gave all of his money to Himchan and they formed a team.

The second 10 rolled around everyone was quick to abandon the game and go to their own rooms. Himchan crawled in bed as Yongguk did a quick check to make sure all of their things were ready for the morning. “Can we go shopping in the morning, Bbang?” Himchan mumbled, his eyes already closed.

“Yeah, sure. Cool.” It didn’t seem like he knew what he was agreeing to, but Himchan would hold him to it anyway if he remembered. “Shut up and sleep…”

Normally Himchan would have argued with him – demanding that he speak to him nicer – but he wasn’t given the option because a soft knock on the door interrupted him. It would have been nice to ignore it, but one of the kids could have been injured or a manager could have needed Yongguk.

Turns out neither was true. Yongguk dragged himself out of bed and the teenager at the door didn’t even bother to speak to him. He just pushed past and then climbed into Himchan’ bed. “Hi Hyung.” Yongguk didn’t notice Himchan’s arms snake around Jongup’s waist. He didn’t.

“Hi Guppie…”

“I don’t like my bed. Smells weird.” He buried his face in Himchan’s chest. “This bed smells better.”

 

II

Jongup did not stare Yongguk directly in the eyes as he picked the leader’s glass of soda up and poured it on the floor after he got back from shopping with Himchan.

 

III

Himchan had been spending a little too much time with Yongguk and that displeased Jongup. The other members couldn’t tell that he was displeased other than the soda incident in Los Angeles that he denied completely, but Himchan took him out for burgers anyway. “You shouldn’t be mean to Yongguk.”

“He shouldn’t seduce you…” He took a bite of his burger, mumbling out the words like it didn’t matter. “Mine.”

Himchan took a sip of his soda and smiled a bit. “Are you getting a little possessive?”

“Nope. Just mine.” Possessive would be Jongup bending Himchan over the table at the dorm and having his way with him. Insisting that someone far more handsome than him didn’t seduce his boyfriend was not possessive at all. “He likes you, but mine.”

 

 

IV

There wasn’t any space on the bench in Times Square, so normal people would have just stood. Or shoved someone off the bench because they were a diva and really needed to sit. Himchan decided that Jongup was more comfortable than standing or the bench, and plopped right down on his lap in the middle of New York.

Jongup didn’t seem to care and just slid his arms around his hyung’s waist to ensure that he didn’t fall to the ground. Nobody else would have put up with it and Yongguk rolled his eyes at the very thought. “Comfortable there, Chan-ah?”

“Gup is very comfortable. Thanks for asking.” He grinned up at the leader, and Jongup might and squeezed his waist slightly in a possessive movement. Yongguk was definitely the enemy.

He raised his eyebrow at his oldest hyung as if he was challenging him. “Find your own.” By the time everyone realised Jongup had just claimed Himchan and challenged Yongguk the short male was too distracted by sliding his hand up the hideous pink sweater Himchan was wearing to notice the vocal line fall to the ground laughing at him. 

 

V

It wasn’t something that anybody really noticed until later. It wasn’t a big deal, and – really though – there were hundreds of Babyz screaming at them in the middle of Times Square and an elephant could have walked by and no one would notice. (Yongguk noticed that there were a few less than amused police officers and wanted to apologise for their fans blocking the street but then a slightly traumatic English interview took place and his shame took over.)

Himchan was standing next to Daehyun, mostly just in awe, but apparently Jongup didn’t like this. He casually shoved himself in between his two hyungs, taking his rightful spot next to Himchan. Their fans might have noticed it, but it wasn’t until they were watching playback in the hotel hours later than they saw what had happened.

“You would have shoved him out of the way if he didn’t move so easily~” Junhong teased a blushing Jongup. “You basically just put your hands on his chest and threw him to the ground, way to be subtle. You should actually just toss him aside next time.”

The shorter male tried to hide his face as he shook his head. “I did not.” He hadn’t even noticed Daehyun standing there to be honest. He really just wanted to stand next to Himchan and it looked like there was a enough space when he had walked over. Their stupid vocalist had just stepped closer without Jongup noticing. “Hyung looks prettier when he’s not standing next to Daehyun anyway.” Junhong snorted at Jongup’s words and the elder male scrambled for more to say. “Daehyun retracts from the whole room with his stupid face.”

Daehyun smacked the back of his head, earning himself a threatening look from both Himchan and Yongguk. They weren’t allowed to beat up on Jongup. “Right. You just wanted hyung to put his hand on your .”

Jongup glared slightly, “That’s a lie, he didn’t even put his hand there that time.”

“That time.” Junhong smiled as he patted the hair on his hyung’s head. “Glaring doesn’t suit you hyung.”

 

VI

“So you and Jongup.” Yongguk slid across from Himchan at the breakfast table on their last day in New York. Himchan looked up at him, and the leader didn’t seem to have any problem with it.

He took a bite of his toast and shrugged. “Took you long enough.”

“What do you mean took me long enough? How long have you been screwing him?” Yongguk raised an eyebrow as though it was something he could change. “Has it been more than four months?”

After a short pause Himchan made a short noise of non-committal. Yongguk wouldn’t take that as an answer but the real answer probably wouldn’t please him either. “Eh, going on like… four years? Well… like two years of screwing I guess.” He grinned and Yongguk dropped his coffee cup. “He had just turned fifteen~”

“You can’t just seduce teenagers, Himchan.” He tried to clean up the coffee, blushing slightly as the cleaning service looked over at him. The attention was uncomfortable. “That’s illegal.”

Himchan shrugged again. “I did no seducing, and his mom thinks I’m cool. His dad didn’t even punch me.”

 

VII

“So you and Himchan hyung.” Junhong rolled around the hotel room on his skateboard. The managers would probably disapprove but they didn’t have to know. Jongup shrugged his shoulders. They’d left enough clues, he figured that someone would figure it out eventually. He just hadn’t expected it to be Junhong. “How long have you been banging him?”

“Don’t talk that way.” He didn’t take his eyes off of his DS, deciding that playing Pokémon was more interesting than the conversation with Junhong. “We don’t bang,”

Junhong rolled his eyes. “How long have you been making lo~~ove with Himchan hyung?”

“That sounds disgusting Junhong, never say that again.” He finally looked up from his game when Junhong fell over an empty bottle of miniature alcohol that they might have stolen from Himchan because he was legal in America. “And, a while. Before it was legal.”

Seemed gross, in Junhong’s mind. Doing with a guy didn’t seem appealing to him at all, much less Himchan but he figured he didn’t need to say anything. If his best friend was gay then that was A-Okay. Even if the object of his gay lust was Junhong’s third – sometimes fourth – favourite hyung. (Himchan was cooler than Daehyun no matter what anyone said and usually he was cooler than Youngjae too. Less cool that Jongup and Yongguk though.) “So… gay?”

“Clearly.” He looked up with an eyebrow raised, waiting to see what the youngest’s reaction would be to the new information.

“Never had any gay friends before.”

“I assume it’s the same as having straight friends?”

“Yeah, me too.” He grinned and pulled the DS away, ignoring the fact that Jongup was trying to defeat the Elite Four.  “You and hyung. It’s serious?”

“I assume so, been doing it for a while. I don’t plan on stopping.” He reached for the game but Junhong slapped his hands out of the way and pulled him into his lap. “Yes, he’s cooler than Chris Brown hyung.”

Junhong scoffed. He wasn’t the biggest fan of Chris Brown like somebody was, but there was no chance in hell that Himchan was cooler than Chris Brown. Even if Jongup thought he totally was. It was a cute idea though. Meant Jongup really liked their hyung and Himchan really needed someone who liked him a whole lot.