Cold as Ice

Allow Me To Give You My Warmth

CHAPTER 1

 

“Mommy crying?” 5 year old Yulho asked curiously while he watches his mother tuck him into bed. The innocence in his eyes made Yuri realize that her tears must have been an alarming sight for her son.

He reached out his hand to wipe her tears, unsure if it was the right thing to do. Sure they were mother and son but at the young age, Yulho was already accustomed to his mother’s aloofness that he always find it hard to even touch her, afraid that he might cross the line that he so recognized. It was a surprise that a 5 year old boy would be thinking of this but when you have a mother like Kwon Yuri, it was possible.

It was rare for Yuri to attend to his son’s needs such as tucking him into bed but when she does, she makes sure that it would compensate her absence. Being affectionate wasn’t Yuri’s thing especially when a lot of people are around. It makes her feel weak, vulnerable, and an easy prey for pain so she makes sure that people, even her own family, would recognize her as a strong woman. Nobody knows how hard it is for her to keep the distance even around her own family but as long as she stays with them, she feels that she’d done enough. Well not anymore because her loving husband had already grown tired of her.

Yuri realized the hint of fear in his eyes then it struck her. ‘Even you my son?’ she asked mentally. Maybe Yunho was right. Why is everyone afraid of her? Is she that cold that even her own son, her own flesh and blood, finds it hard to even touch her?

“No baby. Mommy was just…” she trailed off as she gently wipes the tears away and thinks of something, an excuse, to tell her son about her tears.

“Mommy just finished watching a drama. It was really sad it made mommy cry.” She reasoned while forcing a fake smile. Her son, being a toddler, accepted her lame reason. Watching a drama wouldn’t elicit that much tears.

“Mommy you’re weird.” He chuckled sleepily. She can’t help but think if his words were directed towards her lame excuse or if that was what he really thinks of his mother is all this time. She hopes it wasn’t the latter.

“Yeah. Mommy is weird.” Then she hugged his little body while patting his stomach. ‘I’m sorry my son. You’re all I have now. I promise to give you all my love.’ She promised.

The way he clung to her as he drove to dreamland woke a totally new feeling inside her. A feeling she knew very well she only felt thrice. First when Yunho confessed to her that she loved her. The second time when she found out that she was pregnant, and the third one when she felt Yulho in her embrace the first time.

She felt weak but at the same time she felt loved. To be honest, she hated the feeling. She hated that she had grown attached to someone so strongly that she could almost die at the thought of losing it. That’s what Yulho and Yunho effect on her.

 

Almost two week passed and Yulho can already sense the changes that happened inside their household. He could no longer see his father sleeping inside their bedroom. Heck he could no longer see his father at all. The most surprising thing was his mother rarely goes out to the office and if she does, she would always bring him with her. They’ve had a lot of mother-son bonding moments these past few days but although he was happy with the extra attention his mother is giving him, he would’ve been happier if his father was around.

He tried asking his mother once but all she would answer to him was his father was busy at work. He misses his father.

On the other hand, Yunho had gone to the States right after he left their home for a couple of days to clear his mind and hopefully forget about her. He promised himself that when he comes back, he’s ready to file a divorce with her. But unfortunately, just a week after he arrived, he decided to go back to Korea. He can’t forget her. She’s haunting his every dreams and he just can’t force himself to erase her from his heart. In fact he misses her. He misses her scent, he misses her cold and gorgeous face, and above all, he misses his family.

“Yunho! You’re back early. Come have a sit.” Yoochun, his lawyer and close friend, greeted him. He was one of the very few people who know about Yuri and Yunho’s separation. In fact he was the one who’s bound to produce the divorce papers as soon as Yunho asked for it. He was friends with the both of them that’s why he could understand Yunho’s sentiments more than anyone else. He was also a witness to her coldness that’s why he decided that Yunho deserves someone else.

They were at Yoochun’s office and although he was a bit surpised that Yunho came back earlier than he expected, he was rather happy with the thought that his friend had moved on fast. He was more than ready to work on the divorce documents.

“I didn’t know forgetting Yuri was going to be that fast.” He chuckled lightly while he sat cockily oblivious to the fact that the other man was uncomfortable.

“Do you need the papers right now? I haven’t worked on it yet because I thought you’ll need more time but since you’re alr—.”

“I’m not divorcing her.” Yunho spoke. His face is serious and his voice is with finality. Yoochun looked at him in disbelief. He sounded so sure about the divorce the last time he spoke to him but now…

“I thought you wanted to divorce that woman? Yunho are you playing with me?” he questioned irritatingly. As much as he was a friend to Yuri, he can’t help but be angry with her for making his friend miserable.

Yunho sighed. If only he had enough courage to do that.

“I thought I can forget her but I was wrong.”  He looked down at floor sadly.

“I need her. I need her and Yulho in my life. I can’t just let them go.” He added still not looking at his friend’s eyes. He was ashamed for being weak but what else can he do?

“Are you sure about this? Does she even love you?” Yoochun challenged. He has to hear it from him.

“I know she loves me. You know how stubborn Yuri is but look at us. She agreed to be my wife and surrendered herself to me. Despite her coldness, I know she loves me and Yulho wholeheartedly but she’s just afraid to show it. I just need to bring out the love in her heart Chun.”

Yoochun sighed. He knows that Yunho loves Yuri so much but he didn’t know that he loves her this much.

“I don’t know. But you know you left her right? She’s probably mad at you for doing this.” He said in a matter of fact tone.

“I know. That’s why I need your help.” Yoochun raised his eyebrow in confusion. He knows that he’s being shoved into this mess and there’s really no way out.

“What help?”

Yunho’s face lit up.

“I need to you to make me those divorce papers.”

Knowing what Yunho was up to, he has no choice but to agree. He only prays that he’s doing the right decision of helping his friend. He hopes that he’s friend could find his happiness once again.

 

 

“Daddy!” Yulho squealed  once he saw the familiar figure of his father at the front door of their home. He was at the living playing with his new toys that he and his mother bought yesterday at the mall. He quickly ran to the door to hug his father.

“My big boy. Did you miss daddy?” he asked as soon as they broke the hug. He nodded vigorously before planting a kiss on his cheeks.

“Where have you been daddy?” he asked innocently.

“I-I was…working.” He stuttered. He forgot to prepare an explanation to his son for his absence. He carried him inside the living room and sat on the big couch while he positioned Yulho on his lap.

“Here.” He handed him the toys goodies he bought when he was in the States. He also bought a little something for his wife but she wasn’t anywhere. He scanned the whole room but the maids were the only ones he could see.

“Uwaaaaaa! Mine daddy?” Yulho asked while his eyes shine brightly at the sight of all the new toys in front of him. Yunho turned his attention to him and smiled and that was his cue. He immediately jumped from his father’s lap and sat on the floor to open his toys.

Yulho saw one more paper bag in his father’s grasp. “This is mine too daddy?” he poked the paper bag hoping that it was another gift from his father.

“No baby. This is for your mommy. Is she home?” he asked anticipating. He wanted to see her at this instant.

“There dad.” He pointed with his little hands before bringing back his attention to his toys. He was referring to their bedroom upstairs. ‘She didn’t go to the office. That’s new.’ He thought.

“Baby I’m just going to see mommy okay?” Yulho, with his full attention to his new toys, didn’t even bother to listen to his father. Yunho ruffled his hair before standing up with the paper bag and brown envelope in hand.

Once he was at the front he opened the door at once without bothering to knock. He was still, and will always be, partly the owner of this house anyways.

He caught sight of his wife at once. She was lying on the bed, her back facing him and if his hearing serves him right, she was sniffing as if she was crying. Jung Yuri is crying? Never once in his life with her did he see her cry except when she was crying in pain giving birth to Yulho.

The thought alarmed him. Was she finally succumbing to her true emotions? Was she crying because he left her? The idea of her crying over him pained him but it was instantly replaced with joy. If she was really crying over his departure, it only meant one thing. She loves him.

His presence didn’t bother her so she continued to sniff and cry. She thought it was Yulho who barged into her room. For these past two weeks, she and Yulho had been sharing this room. Having Yulho by her side somehow eases her pain.

“Baby, wait for Mommy downstairs I’ll be there in a minute.” She slowly stood up and from where he was standing he can see how she tried hard to wipe her tears and choke them. He just stood there waiting for her to turn around. He was resisting his urge to envelope her in his embrace and whisper to her that he was sorry for leaving her.

‘Wait a minute. Did she take care of Yulho these whole two weeks?’ he asked silently.

Yuri’s world almost stopped when she turned around and locked eyes with Yunho. He’s finally standing in front of her. How she wished for this to happen since he left and she envisioned herself running towards him shouting to him she missed him and how she didn’t meant the divorce thing but now she was rooted on her feet. She suddenly find it hard to breathe around him.

Her eyes were fluffy that for a minute he regretted leaving her these past two weeks. This stubborn wife of his was still a woman and a very fragile one at that so she must’ve been crying the whole time. He mentally scolded himself for causing her this pain but when he was reminded about how she hurt him, he decided that she deserves it.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked icily. It wasn’t intended to be cold but her tone must’ve been accustomed to the coldness that she emits that it came out naturally even though she wasn’t intending for it to come out that way.

He coughed a little to find his stern voice. She wasn’t the only one who knows to play the cold person card.

“I’m here to hand you the divorce paper.” Her eyes went from his face to the brown envelope that he was carrying beside the paper bag that he was also carrying. She gulped at the sight of it.

“I talked to Yoochun and he told me that all you need to do is sign this. You can read it of you want.” He said casually.

He moved closer to her and placed the brown envelope on top of the bedside table and fished a pen in his pocket then placed it on top of the envelope.

Yuri looked at him in disbelief. He really took her threat seriously. He was divorcing her. She wanted to vanish that instant but she had to be the stronger woman. She won’t be anything like those women in the movies who would beg for their husband to stay. She was nothing like them.

“When do you need it?” she asked without looking at him. He almost collapsed on the floor when he heard her. His plan wasn’t going smoothly. How did he think she was going to beg for him to stop the divorce? She was still the Kwon Yuri that he knew. But he wasn’t giving up. She wants a battle of pride, then a battle of pride it is.

“As soon as possible preferably. We both hate waiting, right?”

“I’ll sign it now.” She challenged. Now it was his time to smirk. His plan is slowly working.

“Suit yourself.” He challenged back. He saw both of her fists clenched in anger. He was slowly winning and he won’t let the day end without any reconciliation. He will make sure that the reconciliation will be on his favor.

She made her way to the table and with so much restrain, she manage to take the divorce paper out of the brown envelope without tearing it into pieces. She scanned the documents and found out that he had already signed the document.

‘How dare he sign these documents without her consent!’ she thought angrily.

He was enjoying every bit of the scene while it unfolds right in front his eyes. She had never been this angry and he concluded that there isn’t any other woman who looks utterly beautiful in anger than her. He smiled at the thought. The smirk on his face never left as he watches his wife struggle to sign the papers.

She gripped the pen harshly and managed to sign everything before turning to him in anger. All she wants to do is to retreat and go away to cry her heart out.

“There! I’ve already signed it! Leave or I’ll ask the guards to kick you out of my house!” she growled at him. The tears threatening to fall from her eyes. She needed to get rid of him this instant. She will never bring herself to cry in front of him but if another minute passes with him around she knows she won’t be able to hold it anymore.

He just stood there watching her face turn red in anger. He knows that she was choking her tears and her eyes were starting to water. His smile grew wider.

Seeing that he wasn’t making any attempt to leave, she moved closer to him.

“LEAVE!” she banged her balled fists on top of his hard chest.

“I don’t want to see you here ever again!” she shouted in anger and pain.

The tears that she was keeping flowed uncontrollably in her eyes.That was his cue. Her tears were her cue that she surrendered to her emotions.

He took hold of both her hands to stop her from hitting him then in an instant; he enveloped her in his arms. She was struggling to break free from his embrace so she kept banging his chest but his strength,  his familiar warmth, his familiar scent made her give up so she just stood still while crying her heart out.

When he felt that she was no longer resisting, he held her tighter and guided her head towards his chest near his heart. He circled her waist with his right hand while his left hand held her head in place.

He can’t remember the last time he held her like this. If only he could stop the time he definitely would. This moment was so blissful he could stay like this forever.

He kissed the top of her head while she was busy crying and mumbling things he couldn’t figure out. Then he moved his head closer to her ears then he whispered….

“Gotcha.”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

hi everyone!! thanks for subscribing...
here's the first part of this one shot.. the second/final part is coming up.. just bear with me. 
i'm just finalizing the last part.

i hope you like this story..:)))

 

spread the love.. <3<3<3<3<3