Stupid Cardigan

Ever After

 Your POV

I’ve dream about princes. I’ve dream about love. I’ve dream about this gentleman. But, dream was meant for sleeping. The princes, the happy-ever-after, the nice guy never actually come to the real world. I can deal with that.

But then he comes around. Everything changed. Everything inside me turned upside down.

I swear I didn’t see him coming. It’s all happening too fast, and the next thing I know is I fall for this guy. Hard. It’s not a prince who came, not a gentleman, and definitely not a man in tux, but a dangerous dangerous guy. I know I shouldn’t have done this at the very first time. I should’ve walked away, but I didn’t. Let me tell you why.

I’m a dreamer. It means when I see scenes or things, I act like one. That’s dangerous, and stupid, and silly. I know, I know.

But still, I don’t care. My brain scream run every time I go near him, but my heart is warm and always tell me to stay. What ifs are a lot in my brain. Trust and hope swelled in my chest. Somehow, I know he’ll screw up someday and I’ll hurt because of that. Maybe we’ll be together, and maybe we won’t. I don’t care if I ended up broken, I can’t care. Because deep down in there, I know that he is worth every try. I am a dreamer. My biggest dream is to see romances come true.

 

***

 

“Sera, I don’t think this is a good idea!!!” I scream so she can hear me over the loud music. The ground seems to move with a loud thump thump thump. I expect my ear to blow into pieces but it doesn’t seem to happen.

“Come on, don’t be a . Try this once a while, you are soooooo boring.” I am not offended by her words, I know she mean it in a good way. We’re best friends since we were kids. I know that her lifestyle is totally the opposite of mine.

She already drank too much. I’m scared if anything happens, but I don’t want to leave her alone in here either. The bar smell making me strained and stress, “Can’t we go home?” I asked once again.

“It’s only ten. Relax and enjoy. I’ll go there for a minute. See that hot guy? He keeps giving me signal.”

I rolled my eyes, but smiled at her, “Go then.”

It feels awkward after Sera left. I don’t know what I should do alone so I decided to go to the bar and order some drink. They must have a soda in here. Right? I search the room for Sera to tell her where I’m going but it’s not her eyes that I met. Not even close.

He sure is smirking at me. I don’t know why. There’s something sparkling in his eyes, and his mouth curved up in the slightest smile. I should feel creepy because a guy at a bar just keep staring at me. That’s how I should felt, right? But that’s not what I felt. Okay, maybe a little. Because he stares at me like he knew every single sin I’ve committed.

He wears a hoodie that cover his hair, and make him look more like a shadow. He keep staring, and even when my eyes meet his, he doesn’t even flinch or look away or something. Or anything. I know I’ll lose if I keep this going on, so I break the eye contact and go straight to the bar.

The silly thing is, I can feel his stare at my back. I decided to ignore him, maybe he is a watcher, maybe he likes to watch the room.

”Got anything, lady?”

“Just soda, please.”

The bartender narrowed his eyes on me for a second. What the hell with people? Why they keep staring at me like that? Just in case, not because I want to see his face again, I turn around at his direction. He still standing there, still watching at me. Heat spreading up on my face. What is wrong with me? Why am I blushing again?

Oh, right. Because there’s a creepy hot good-looking guy who stares at me like I’m a bacteria or something. I prefer or something because being a bacteria don’t make me very happy. I quickly regained my composure and look away from him to focus on the bartender.

”One soda for the cute lady in cardigan.” He added a wink, and I smile politely in response.

I drink my soda in a big gulp and relax a little bit at the fresh sensation down my throat. I want to look around and search for Sera, but a sound beside me took my attention.

“Hey, you new here?” He is absolutely the bar-type guy. You know what I mean, with evil smirk, massive body and everything.

I shrugged, “Kind of.”

“It shows. You don’t drink beer?”

“No.” I started to feel uncomfortable because his gaze is certainly not at my face anymore. It’s something between my cardigan, or my chest. I coughed and turn my body away from him so he couldn’t look anymore. But he started to speak again.

“I’m Donghoon.” He offered his hands and when I shake it he pulled at me so hard that I yelp in shock. What is he doing? Will he do something to me? I’m starting to panic when he whispered things in my ear.

“You’re y as hell. I have a suite in a hotel nearby. Wanna come?” His voice slurred and I’m pretty sure that he is drunk. Some unpleasant smell come from his mouth.

I struggled to let go but his grip is too strong, “No, thanks.” I said through gritted teeth. If I scream will anyone care? I don’t think so. Where is Sera?

“You’re playing so hard to get.” He kiss my ear and I wanna scream from panic. But my face just go white, I’m so shock. What should I do? My hands are sweating.

“Please let me go.”

I’m aware that his hands started to me. I’m about to scream when a voice come from my back. It’s strange because I know who he is, even I’ve never hear his voice before.

“Let her go, Donghoon.”

“Come on man!”

“Let her go.” Something in his voice his totally sound dangerous that Donghoon release me immediately and go away. They know each other? But, I couldn’t care more. He just saved me. I turn around to meet the man in the hood. Standing right in front of me so I’m aware of his height. He had a kisser-lips and a well sculptured jaw.

“T—thank you.” Why am I stuttering? Why am I making fool of myself every single time I meet a hot guy?

“Better aware, Kitten.” His voice is husky and all y and sin. The fact he called me Kitten make me shivers. “What are you doing here alone?”

“I’m with my best friend. She… She is back there somewhere.” I mumbled. Where is Sera? How could she leave me like that? I am so not going to the bar with her anymore.

“Better find her than alone.” He said. I tried to look into his eyes, but his hood making shadow over it. I desperately want to see his eyes. I don’t even know why. I just want to. My romantic heart swelled a bit. Isn’t it cute? This is part of the book that always catches my attention. The knight-in-shining-armor thing.

“Right. Maybe I’ll go back and find her. Thanks once again.” I looked up again, but I still can’t see his eyes clearly, even from this close. He didn’t say anything so I take that as a good bye or you’re welcome. It’s better than feeling disappointed and offended.

I walk through the crowd to find Sera and sure as hell sulk to her about this. But the man in hood say something that make me look back and winced.

“Hey, kitten! Nice cardigan!”

 

Seriously?! What the hell is with me and my cardigan?!

TBC

P.S : Heeey^^ I'm sorry if there's any typos. I'm Queen of Typo -just if you wanna know. I'll do my best to work fast on the next chap, and hopefully the actual plot is there. I can't promise when will I post the 2nd part but please just wait^^