I Ain't A Player

What is Love?

JIYONG’S STORY

 

I AIN’T A PLAYER

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd7cJ16x9-mJUgP4FhWFl     images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1AANe9zy5c-ePMSui9ym

 

I’m not a player; I just have a way with words.

No string attach and no commitment!

Hell yeah! It’s the best relationship ever!

Being single means I can cuddle with whoever effing I want.

 

Author’s POV

 

37 Bar & Grill, Conrad hotel,

Yeouido-dong Yeongdeungpo-gu.

 

“Ji…” The woman’s voice echoed.

 

No response.

 

“Ji…”

 

Still, the guy remained silence.

 

“Ji…”

 

Well, the guy basically shut his mouth.

 

“Kwon FREAKING Jiyong!” Oh yeah! The woman can’t stand the ignorance from the guy any longer.

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

“Kwon FREAKING Jiyong!”

 

And that loud voice really pissed me off. I hissed. If only I’m not in an on-and-off relationship with this girl, Im Yoona, I’ll definitely dash away ASAP!

 

“What?!”

 

Yoona continued slicing her steak. Her way of handling the knife and fork really made me gulped. Haish… how am I going to drop the bomb about breaking up with her? Would she stab me straight in the gut until I bleed to death or perhaps she’ll poke the fork into my eyeballs and gorged them out from the eyesockets? Yikes!

 

“What’s your answer?”

 

Answer? What kind of answer that she expects me to give? Gosh! I must be spacing out way deep into my own fantasy.

 

“Err… answer? What kind of answer? For what question?” I asked. Eyebrows jerked. Forehead creased. Please, let her not be in a bad mood today. If not, I’m toast!

 

“Ji… I’m asking you about our marriage.”

 

I just looked at her, still unresponsive.

 

Marriage? No way in hell I’m going to tie the knot with someone. No string attach and no commitment! Hell yeah! It’s the best relationship ever! Being single means I can cuddle with whoever effing I want. So, having a woman as a wife, as the only girl in my life is A BIG NO NO! Girls spell trouble! They only know how to shop till they drop, nag continuously till your eardrums almost burst and being envy of other girls. Nah… I shall live life as a single person. Who would want to be stuck in a mess name MARRIAGE?!

 

Suddenly the waiter came with two glasses of cold still water. Woahhh! I smelled storm is coming. So, as a precaution, better save myself first. I don’t wanna be drenched with cold icy water if Yoona is going to explode soon.

 

“Err… Excuse me.” I said to the waiter. “Can you bring me a glass of maybe warm or room temperature water?”

 

“Yeah… sure. Wait for a while sir.” The waiter smiled as if he knows my real intention.

 

“So?” Yoona asked.

 

“So what?”

 

“Do you agree to my suggestion?” She took a bit of her steak. “After we get married, we can go to America and meet my father’s friend. He’s a well-known oncologist. I’m sure he can do something about your disease.”

 

I wasn’t even focusing on what Yoona was saying to me. My eyes were fixated, rooted to her fork and knife. All hell will break loose after this. Inhaled. Exhaled. Keep calm and be a jerk!

 

The waiter finally came with a glass of warm water. Great! Time to execute Plan A to save myself from cold water attack! I took the glass and exchanged it with Yoona’s.

 

“Err…. I think…. Err… Let’s just break up?”

 

Yoona stopped from cutting her steak.

 

“What?! What did you just say?”

 

My hand reached for a piece of my French fries. I took a bite out of it.

 

“Honestly, I’m a dumb , not the prince charming type that you may have imagined.”

 

Yoona jerked her eyebrows. Her face plastered with disbelief.

 

“Meaning?”

 

“Let me break it down to you missy. If there is a league for the jerkiest, despicable, wicked guy in Seoul, I might as well take the throne of the first place. I’m the champion, unbeatable!”

 

“So… you’re saying that…”

 

“I ain’t a player. I just have a way with words. That’s why missy, you had just fallen into my trap.”

 

“So....” Yoona was speechless, flabbergasted.

 

“Yeah… who in their right mind would say to a girl that ‘hey, I’m dying. I have cancer. I only have 90 days to live’ just to get a girl’s attention? Only I would do that.”

 

Yoona just kept quiet; perhaps she was digesting my words inside her mind slowly.

 

“So… If you think about this, we met like what… 4 months already, right? I should have been long gone to heaven if what I was saying about the cancer thingy is true.” Again, I reached for a fries. “So, I don’t think that you would want to marry me, Yoona.”

 

Yoona looked me into the eyes.

 

“WHAT????!!!!!” Her scream echoed, killing the tranquility inside the Bar & Grill.  She reached for the warm water and splashed it straight to my face. Fuh! I knew it! I knew that she would do that. As expected!

 

“You’ll regret this, Kwon Jiyong. I swear that I’ll make you pay for this!” Yoona stood up and reached for her handbag. “Just you wait, Ji! You’ll pay for this!”

 

I let out a sigh as I wiped away the water that was drenching my face.

 

“No matter if the girl is Korean, European or Hispanic or whatever, it’s always the same reaction. Splash my face with water. Can’t they try a new trick to make my breakup moment more interesting?” I mumbled to myself.

 

A towel shoved in front of me. I looked up and I saw the waiter smiling at me.

 

“You’re lucky sir. At least it’s just warm water. Usually it’s orange juice.” He giggled.

 

I wiped away my rainy face with the towel that the waiter gave me.

 

“Sir, just keep the towel. It might come in handy again soon.” The waiter flashed me a smile before he walked away, bringing with him the dirty dishes.

 

I laughed at his remark and took out my iPhone.

 

“Hello, Tabi hyung. Are you free?”

 


 

A/N: I know I said that I don't know when I'm going to update this story.

But hey, I was bored after I read my dermatology notes.

So, there you have it peeps!

The first chapter.

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting :D