Final

A Stroll Down Memory Lane

 

 
 
“Hey hyung! Where are you going?” Taemin’s voice called out. I just finished filming with SHINee for a new music video and I was on my way out until maknae called out my name. I stopped in my tracks and turned to the younger male.
 
“It’s mine and Minhee’s 19th anniversary.” I said vaguely. Taemin nodded curtly and turned away almost immediately. Though my quick eyes still caught his expression darken at the mention of Minhee’s name.
 
Turning back to the door, I walked out without bidding my other group mates farewell. The happy mood I had only a second ago faltered greatly because of the maknae. My exhaustion not helping with the situation.
 
The fact that Taemin’s reaction was bad towards the idea of me seeing my person tugged a string in my heart. Hard. They always got along well. He would always be on her side when me and Minhee would argue over the littlest, most irrelevant things.
 
OPPA!!!! MNHO IS SEATING IN MY SPOT! AGAIN!” Minhee’s loud voice boomed through the dorm as she pointed angrily at me sitting on the one and only reclining seat we had. I was lounging on the said black leather seat while eating the cheese popcorn lazily. Poking my tongue out every once in a while at Minhee teasingly, adding more fuel to my girl’s irritation. “HYUNG!” Taemin roared furiously at me. I raised my right brow at him mockingly while trying my best to suppress the amusement deep in me, then continued the cheesy snack that was laying on my stomach. “Hmp!” I heard Minhee grumble angrily then stomped her foot childishly on the carpet floor making me chuckle inwardly. Aish, this girl is so childish. One of the reasons why I love her so much.
UGH!” I grumbled, rubbing my while processing what just happened. Taemin just pulled me out of the seat then pulled Minhee to seat on his lap. They smirked victoriously at me while I rolled my eyes at them. I gathered the scattered popcorn, putting them back into see through plastic bowl then putting it on the coffee table next to the leather recliner. “Apologise.” I demanded, crossing my arms by my chest after towering over them. But no sign of hesitation crossed their features as they ignored me and chatted by themselves. “I warned you.” I said. I quickly pulled Minhee off of Taemin’s lap and carried her in my arms like we were newly weds that just finished a ceremony. “PUT ME DOWN!” Minhee screamed hitting my chest with her weak, frail arms. A smirk formed on my lips when Taemin’s face looked annoyed. “YAH HYUG!” He yelled, standing up to grab Minhee away from my grasp. I dodge his arms making him stumble a few times. “Taemin-ah, help your hyung carry these boxes!” Key hyungs voice called stopping the maknae for another launch at me. Taemin and Minhee grumble making me laugh even more. The younger male gave Minhee an apologetic look before leaving to Key’s aid. “NOOOO~ OPPA!!” Minhee screamed after him squirming in my arms. I tightened my grip on her then sat myself down on the leather recliner once more. “UGH! LET ME GO!” She squirmed relentlessly in my arms. “LET YOUR QUEEN GO! YOU SHOULD RESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS!” She screamed while squirming some more. “Queen? Superior?” I asked amused. She stopped squirming and sat on my lap, straight back and leg over the other while her hands rested on one thigh like how a queen would sit. “Yes. I am your queen. Now do as I say or off with you head!” She said in the most hilariously, lady like tone while dragging her thumb over her neck threateningly with the funniest face. “You're not my queen. I’m better than you.” I said whispering in her ear while resting my chin on her right shoulder. She twitched slightly making me smirk “No you're not.” She said all most like it was the most obvious fact. “Yes. I. Am.” I said. “You aren’t really.” She replied. We bickered like this for a while. “UGH! OKAY! YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME!” I yelled. Having to argue about the same thing, with the same response to the same person is nerve wracking and down right irritating. She giggle at my outburst which erased my annoyance in an instant. She turned to face me, making me take my chin off her shoulder and her to rest her legs on either side of me. She looked at me, the intensity burning my soul. “I am better. I am your queen.” She said cutely and kissed my nose.
 
 
Chuckling at the memory, my feet dragged me out of the SM building and led me down the empty streets towards the nearest flower shop. The sky portrayed a beautiful mix or oranges, yellows and pinks as the sun started set. A beautiful sight, just like Minhee.
 
 
I groaned at the sudden loud boom from outside my bedroom. I turned over to my right side to look at the digital alarm clock on my side table. It read 12:57 a.m. I grumbled more then rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand while sitting up. I yawned exaggeratedly and looked around my room with squinted eyes. Ugh, what the hell is she doing awake so late?!? I thought. Pulling the covers off of my body, I stood up and walked aimlessly. I didn't know where the sound really came from so I just let my gut drag me. 
I found myself standing in the living room staring daggers at Minhee lying helplessly on the carpet with cd's and dvd's on and around her. "Hehe, hi oppa~" she said cutely. The annoyance vanished immediately seeng her be all cute. It was a rare sight after all. I smiled at her mustering up all the energy in my sleepy body. "Jagi~ what are you doing?" I asked sleepily. I walked over to the two person love seat beside her and sat on it. She picked up all the cd's and dvd's scattered then pulled the foot rest and stood on it then placed the discs on the empty shelf but still having to tip toe to reach the shelf."I couldn't sleep and I wanted to watch a movie~ but I couldn't reach the movie I wanted and, yeah I fell." Minhee explained, scratching her cheek with her index finger while poking her tongue out of and closed one eye. I sighed exasperatedly and she walked over to sit on my lap straddling my waist. "Mianhe oppa~ I didn't mean to wake you." She said cutely again. "You should be cute always jagi~ it suits you." I said chuckling while hugger her closer to my body. "So what did you want to watch?" I asked, still hugging her against my chest. "Fast and Furious 5~ The cars there are so beautiful. God's work of art! They're just so, amazing. It's like god hand made each and every one of those bad boys~" Minhee said dreamily making me chuckle. "What is it with you and cars?" I joked. "Cars and racing are my life. Now I wanna see those beauties!" She exclaimed excitedly. "Babe, the only beauty I see is you." I said and winked at her making her blush.
 
 
Once I reached the flower shop, I smiled at the old lady running the store. "What can I get you sir?" She said smiling warmly at me. I took a look around the flower shop, with the lady trailing closely behind me, until I found what I was looking for. "I'll take those." I said to the lady, pointing at a bouquet of white roses. 
 
 
"Hey oppa, do we have any paint?" Minhee suddenly asked me. We were watching Johnny Depp's version of Alice in Wonderland and we were only at the part where the lady was complaining about white roses in the garden instead of the red one she asked for. "Why do you want paint?" I asked her, keeping my eyes glued to the screen. "I wanna paint roses." She said. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I bursted into laughter when I heard her reply. "Don't laugh at me. It's part of my bucket list!" She exclaimed walking out of the house to who knows where while I was still laughing my off.
The very next day I found myself walking towards Minhee's private apartment. This is where she would go if we ever get into fights or the other was mad at the other. In this case: she's probably mad at me for laughing at her. I held the bouquet of white roses in my left hand while I held a bucket of red paint in my right as I walked towards the luxurious building. People were giving me odd stares, probably because of the odd combination of roses and paint, but I ignored them. When I reached the 17th floor, I dashed towards Minhee's complex. I put the tin of paint down and put the rose in between my arm and upper body and I punched in her security code. Picking up the paint, I entered her loft and looked around for her. I found her lying on the king sized bed with her eyes closed and Beats head phones blasting loud enough for me to hear what she was listening to; Nobody Compares by One Direction. I smiled to myself and sat myself beside her. She must've felt weight shift beside her so she peeked an eye open then closed it again. "Go away." She muttered coldly. My heart string tugged painfully in my chest at her coldness. Ignoring the slight pain though, I pulled one head phone off of her ear "Mianhe jagi~" I said but she still ignored me adding more pain in my chest. I heaved a sigh and stood up. There was no use in forcing her. The music blasting from her headphones were't as audible now so she must've turned them down. "I got you some white roses and red paint by the way. They're on the island in the kitchen." I said. I walked towards the door and reached for the shiny, sliver knob but put my arm down gently. "Thank you oppa~" Minhee whispered in my ear while back hugging me. "I forgive you." She said then kissed my cheek. 
The rest of the day we spent our time painting the white roses red while laughing and joking with each other.
 
 
"Minho-ah!" I turned to my left and saw Jonhyung hyung running towards me. I waited patiently for him, Minhee is a really patient person so I don't think she'll mind a little wait. "Minho-ah" Hyung said through deep pants slightly crouching with his palms resting in his slightly bent knees. He straightened himself out once he caught his breath. "Where are you going? You didn't even say goodbye to your hyungs." He said. We were now walking towards my destination. "I'm going to Minhee. It's our anniversary." I answered. I could see through the side of my eyes that his expression became gloomy. "Oh. Well mind if I tag along?" I nodded as a response. 
The rest of the walk, me and hyung spent in silence. We walked through the old, spider web covered, metal arch and headed towards Minhee's tomb. 
Once I was in front of her tomb. In front of her, I didn't give a anymore. The bottled up feelings I kept inside all came flowing down in tears as I cried endlessly. I tried my best to keep a strong facade until I got home. For Minhee, I wanted to be strong. I didn't want to cry in front of her tomb stone. Even if she couldn't hear me or see me it still pained me more to have to cry in front of her withering body even if it was buried six foot below. My knees started growing weak and I found myself bowing down in front of the cross-shaped stone. My head hung low and my body shaking as tears poured down my eyes. She wasn't suppose to be dead. She was supposed to be in my arms. Especially today. The day we met. The day we became a couple. The day we announced our love for each other. But this day was also the day she had to die. 
"Yah! Minho-ah. Minhee wouldn't want to see you cry like this." I heard Jonghyun hyung say beside me. I looked up to him and saw that his eyes were also rimmed with tears. A few already escaped and ran down his cheek. He was crying too. Of course he would be. He was there when all of the said events happened. Every single one of them he witnessed. 
More tears flowed and flowed until I had no more to cry but the sadness in my heart was still there. Jonghyun hyung tried his best to comfort me the best he could as he sobbed lightly. 
"Yah! She died for you, pabo! If it wasn't for her you'd be dead!" Hyung exclaimed, probably as a joke but it made my chest heavy and instantly my eyes found some extra tears and those flowed down. 
"YAH! Stop it! You'll make her cry!" Hyung said. I stopped the tears from flowing any longer as I tried to compose myself. I didn't want my girl to cry. 
My tears stopped and I hiccuped lightly as the after effect of the heavy down pour of my tears. Though some more started lining up and threatening to fall once more when her voice rang in my head. The last words she uttered before leaving me completely. "I'm sorry for leaving you oppa. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you were the one that got hit by the car." She said then breathed in deeply. Her eyes were starting to droop slowly down by the second "I want you to live life for me and always remember that even without me, life must go on. Oppa, saranghe~"