Feelings Hurt

E.L.F.

"Minrin, can I ask you something?" Sungmae told her bestfriend when she paid her a visit at their home.

 

"Go on." Minrin flipped through the pages of the magazine.

 

"Let's say, you caught your boyfriend --- with his ex-girlfriend. What would you think?"

 

Minrin put down the magazine she was holding and took a slice of pizza, "well that depends. If they're just casually talking, then I'm fine with it. If they're doing something not right, I think that's when I'd get mad."

 

Sungmae sighed as she looked towards the glass door, "what would you do if you caught them kissing?"

 

"Kissing? On the cheek? Then it's fine."

 

"Lips."

 

"What? I'd jump on that girl and scratch her eyes out!"

 

"Really...", as Sungmae suddenly became motionless.

 

 

 

Minrin stopped eating and looked at Sungmae as she's beginning to understand why she started asking such question, "why? Did something happen between you and Donghae?"

 

Sungmae did not reply to Minrin's query. Instead, she started crying.

 

"Why? What happened?" She moved beside her and gently pat her back.

 

 

 

Sungmae told her everything. She had hoped she'd be able to keep it to herself, until Donghae decides to stop seeing her. But the longer she keeps it hidden, the more her heart aches everyday. And the reality that Donghae is keeping it a secret from her, makes her feel even more betrayed. She couldn't stand facing Donghae when he's at home, but she can't seem to find the courage to leave him.

 

 

 

 

 

"What?!" Minrin's face turned red in anger, "that Donghae! To hell with him and that witch!"

 

Sungmae wiped her tears, "don't be mad at him. We got married only to save his career, remember? It's not like he promised to love me.."

 

"He DID! When he recited that vow on your wedding!"

 

Sungmae shook her head, "who knows if that was just a part of the play?" She regarded their marriage a play.

 

"But even so..oh!", she scoffed. "I hate seeing you getting hurt like this!" Minrin cried as well.

 

"I wanted this, didn't I? I guess I just assumed so much that I thought I'd be able to make him fall for me."

 

"What's going on here?" Donghae arrived and caught the two crying while hugging each other.

 

 

 

 

Sungmae was startled, "oh! You're home. We were just...

 

"...just reminiscing about past times." Minrin finished the sentence for her.

 

"Really? Must be pretty harsh memories. You were both crying.", as he sat across the two.

 

"Yeah. We were talking about her freaking ex-boyfriend." Minrin said, "Sungmae caught him with another girl, tore Sungmae's heart apart."

 

 

Donghae choked to what Minrin just said for it seemed familiar to what he is doing right now --- seeing his ex-girlfriend.

 

 

 

"Ah! Sungmae cried over that incident!" Minrin continues, "she caught them kissing. Worse part, the guy hid it from her. He could have just told her that they're through, right? Before he started flirting with another girl.", Minrin asked Donghae.

 

 

"Yeah..yeah.." Donghae felt nervous after hearing Minrin's story that seemed so familiar to his.

 

"Anyway, I'll be leaving now, Angel." She stood up while she was still holding Sungmae's hand, "bye Donghae."

 

 

 

 

 

"So, your ex-boyfriend toyed with your emotions?" Donghae asked as they were left alone.

 

"Yeah..." Sungmae stood up and slid the glass door open, "I don't know if I can take it if ever that will happen to me again." She went out to the garden while Donghae was left to himself thinking.

 

 

 

 

 

Did she meant anything with what she just said? Should I tell her then, about Sooyeon?

 

 

 

 

He's pondering through these thoughts when his phone rang.

 

 

 

"Hello?" Donghae answered, "Hyukkie!"

 

"Can we talk?", asked the monkey from the other line.

 

"Sure! Where?", replied the fish.

 

"I'm at the park near your place right now."

 

"Sungmae, I'll just go out a bit." He went out to the garden as well, "Hyukkie wanted to talk to me."

 

 

Sungmae nodded without even looking at him as she continued staring up to the night sky, "okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae started walking. He noticed Sungmae acting a bit strange lately, but he could not think of any reason.

 

 

 

"Ah-- is she with child?", as the thought came across his mind. "Impossible."  He shook his head as he chuckled. She couldn't be pregnant; nothing happened between us.

 

 

 

 

 

He found Eunhyuk slowly rocking himself on the swing; hands in his pocket, he's staring straight to the ground.

 

 

 

"Yo!" Donghae clapped his hands closed to Eunhyuk's face. The fish caught the monkey's attention and asked him to sit at the vacant swing to his left.

 

"How long are you going to hurt Sungmae?"  Eunhyuk started the conversation.

 

"What?" Donghae was surprised with Eunhyuk's question.

 

Eunhyuk sighed, "how long are you going to keep it a secret?"

 

Donghae knotted his brows, "what are you talking about?" He still asked eventhough he could already guess what Eunhyuk is pertaining to.

 

 

 

"You and Sooyeon."

 

 

 

 

Donghae let out a deep sigh as he carefully twisted his neck and cracked his knuckles. How could Eunhyuk knew about it?

 

 

 

"Did Sungmae told you something?" He slowly turn to face his right.

 

 

"Sungmae doesn't have to tell me anything." Eunhyuk stopped rocking and stretched his legs instead, "I saw the two of you. I don't even know if Sungmae knew about you and Sooyeon."

 

 

"Sooyeon came to me first."

 

 

"And you can't say no?!" Eunhyuk's voice was raging in anger as his eyes started moisting, "how could you do this to your wife?"

 

 

Donghae suddenly felt irritated, "why do you even care? Yah! Don't tell me you're in love with my wife?!"

 

Eunhyuk smirked, "my wife?! You still regard to her as "wife"?! If you still see her that way, stop cheating with Sooyeon!" Eunhyuk stood up as he wiped his tears, "i hope you're not forgetting something." He said as he faced him, "he left you for Kyuhyun. You don't know if she's not going to do it again."

 

"I pity Sungmae a lot; because I could see how much she loves you. You can't stop me from doing so, after all, I promised myself I'd care for her too -- since she's married to you. She's like a sister to me now, and I couldn't stand whatever your doing to her. I'm talking to you now, not just for Sungmae's sake, but for yours as well. I don't want to see you being hurt by that girl again."

 

 

 

Donghae looked up to him, "are you going to tell Sungmae about this?"

 

"No." Eunhyuk said as he took his keys out, "I still respect you. I'll leave you to it. It won't be proper if such news would come from me."

 

 

 

Eunhyuk left him as he thought of what he has said.

 

 

 

"You don't understand, Hyukkie." He whispered to the wind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungmae gave the cab driver the address that she got from the private investigator. She hired one to learn where Sooyeon lives. She wanted to talk to her, but it would be impossible if she asked that information from Donghae.

 

 

"Yes?", Sooyeon opened the door to find Sungmae on her entrance, "well, what are you doing here?"

 

"Can we talk?" Sungmae asked casually.

 

 

 

Sooyeon permitted Sungmae to go inside her apartment. "What do you want to talk about?", Sooyeon asked.

 

 

Sungmae went straight to the point, "please stop seeing my husband."

 

Sooyeon smirked, "why should I? Donghae loves me, more than you."

 

"We were okay before you came back. Please stop what you're doing."

 

"No, I won't stop. I can't let you have him."  Sooyeon crossed her arms and sinisterly chuckled, "don't tell me, you thought he's in love with you? Aren't you forgetting something? You'll only be married for five years."

 

 

Sungmae was shocked to hear her say something about the contract. That was supposed to be a secret. She couldn't take it anymore. She had to leave this woman's presence.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello, Oppa?" Sooyeon pretended to cry over the phone.

 

"Why? Why are you crying?"

 

"Your wife came here, and--"

 

"What?!" Donghae screamed from the other line.

 

"-and she threatened me. Saying she would hire people to beat me up if I don't stop seeing you.", as she faked her sobbing.

 

Donghae tried to calm her, "don't worry. She won't be able to do that."

 

 

 

 

 

As the line went off, she laughed out loud, "let's see how Oppa deal with you this time, Sungmae."