Broken Heart

E.L.F.

He woke up to the sound of his alarm clock. He started getting ready to leave. He's driving off to the airport to fetch his wife.

 

 

That's right. Sungmae's coming home today.

 

 

After the incident that happened yesterday, he wanted to forget all of it to be fair with Sungmae. It's not right for him to ponder on those emotions when his wife loves him so much.

 

 

"Oppa!", as Sungmae ran off to meet him.

 

"Welcome back!", as Donghae hugged her, "how was your flight?", as he gave her the flowers he bought.

 

 

 

"Thanks!", as she kissed him on the cheek, "it was okay, but I'm kind of tired though.", as she yawned.

 

"Well, let's go home then.", as Donghae pulled her bag for her.

 

 

 

 

"I'll be right with you in a moment.", Donghae said as he get Sungmae's things from the car's compartment.

 

"Alright.", as Sungmae entered the house.

 

 

As Donghae emptied the contents of his car, a familiar voice spoke to him.

 

 

 

"So she's back."

 

 

 

Donghae was startled. It was Sooyeon.

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?", as he put Sungmae's bags down, "what part of 'stay away from me' don't you understand?", as he confronted Sooyeon.

 

 

Sooyeon looked at him while crossing her arms, "I wanted to see you. I want you back; I won't stop until I have you on my lap again.", as she circled him.

 

Donghae picked up his wife's things again, "go away. Before my wife sees you.", as he get ready to go inside the house.

 

"So what?", she moved her face close to his, "it's not like we're doing anything wrong.", as she went towards her car, "see you around, Oppa.."

 

 

He followed her car with his eyes until it disappeared from his sight. What's going on with her? Is she serious? If she wanted me back, why didn't she gave me that chance when I asked her to?

 

 

 

 

 

He went straight to their bedroom where he found Sungmae already sleeping. She must be really tired. He dropped the luggages as he went to pull the blanket over Sungmae. She looks so peaceful with her eyes closed and with her lips a bit apart. He removed her slippers off her feet and started massaging her legs. He stared long on that beautiful face as he recalled the first time they met; when he unknowingly faced the woman he's bound to marry.

 

 

"I can't hurt you.", he whispered, "I won't."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahh~", as she smelled the newly-baked strawberry cake, "perfect!"

 

Sungmae carefully took the cake out of the oven and put it on top of the dining table. She started putting icing and decorated it with freshly-cut strawberry pieces. She wrote, "To my love, Happy Birthday. I love you."

 

 

 

It's Donghae's birthday today. And she's going to surprise him by going to his photoshoot with Siwon for a certain brand of clothing line.

 

 

 

 

Donghae went inside the dressing room. As instructed, he waited for the clothes that he's going to wear during the photoshoot.

 

 

"Here you go, Mr. Lee.", as the assistant went in and gave him a shirt.

 

"Ah--!", as he tried putting the shirt on but it looked a bit small, "I think I need a bigger size.", as he took it off.

 

"Oh, okay. Wait, I'll get another one.", as the assistant dashed out the room.

 

 

 

Donghae stared at himself through the mirror, "I don't look bad, do I?", he thought as he started flexing his arm muscles.

 

 

 

"You're really y, Oppa..", as the door closed.

 

 

 

Donghae's eyes widened as he saw Sooyeon. What is this woman doing here?

 

 

He reached out for his top but Sooyeon quickly snatched it from him, "don't. I like looking at your body.", as she bit her lips, trying to seduce Donghae.

 

 

He tried covering his body with his hands, "how'd you get in here?"

 

"If there's a will, there's a way..", as she threw his shirt far from them.

 

"Go away!", Donghae angrily shouted.

 

"No!", as she forcefully kissed him.

 

 

 

As Sooyeon was kissing him, Donghae's old feelings for his past flame suddenly began to spark back, that unknown to him, he began returning her kisses as well. His heart was racing so fast that he almost ran out of breath. He was panting when their lips part.

 

 

 

"Does Sungmae kisses you like that?", as she stared at him with another seductive look.

 

Donghae held her close, "no..", as he brought their lips together again.

 

 

 

 

 

Sungmae skipped happily out of her car. She was constantly communicating with Siwon to know whether Donghae would be left alone or not.

 

 

"Don't worry. I'll set up something so the two of you will be left inside the dressing room together.", Siwon over the phone.

 

 

"Whatever you do, make it subtle, Wonnie-oppa!", she calls everyone in Super Junior 'Oppa'.

 

"Understood."

 

 

 

 

"Here you go, Mrs. Lee.", as the assistant handed her the shirt of Donghae's size.

 

"Thank you!", she smiled as she turned to face Siwon, "now, where is he?"

 

"Go straight, then turn left," as Siwon pointed the direction to Sungmae, "make it quick! He might catch a cold.", Siwon moved closer and whispered to her ear, "he's ."

 

"Oh!", she scoffed, "don't fill my head with such thoughts!", as they both laughed.

 

 

 

She made her way to Donghae's dressing room. As she was walking, she made sure that the cake is in good condition and the shirt was folded properly so to avoid unnecessary creases. She purposely skipped the afternoon half of her work schedule, to go home early and bake something for her husband. She had been thoroughly thinking it the whole week and she thought of surprising him with a cake to make him feel that he is special and that he is loved by her so much.

 

 

 

She quietly turned the knob, and ---

 

 

 

 

She almost dropped the box that she's holding. She felt her blood congealed, her heart broken and her breath stopped. Tears quickly formed in the corner of her eyes as she tried closing that was left opened because of disbelief. She wanted to scream but she could not even create a sound nor utter a word. She felt a sudden battle of warmth and chill within her system that made her sweat and at the same time froze up her soul. She felt like she was a candle melting, slowly diminishing because of the ache rooting within the bottom of her heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae's passionately kissing another woman.