Masquerade Party

Saved by a Premonition

            “Eh?!” I moved away from him in shock and covered my mouth. “What are you shocked about?” Min Hyuk said while looking at me. “That…that was…” I couldn’t tell him correctly. “Eh? That’s your first kiss?” Min Hyuk said while looking at me shocked. I got up and walked towards the door. “Wait Hyun Ae!” Min Hyuk said he said grabbing my arm and turning me towards him. Tears were streaming down my cheek.

            “Ah! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to,” Min Hyuk said while smiling awkwardly at me. I turned my face away from his. “No, no. It’s my fault. My curiosity got the better of me,” I said still turning my face away from his. He started wiping away the tears. “I’m really sorry. It’s my fault,” Min Hyuk said. I looked at him and saw him blushing while wiping away my tears. “It’s okay. I’m fine,” I said while moving his hand away and smiling. “Well, I’m going to get some fresh air,” Min Hyuk said while leaving. I touched my face. “My face is burning hot. My heart is pounding so loudly,” I said touching my cheek, “Mi Suk!! Where are you in a time like this?!”

            “Eh?! You’re roommate kissed you!!” Mi Suk said in shock. “Yeah, it’s so weird now and awkward at the same time!” I confessed to her. “So you travelled all the way here to Guri, to tell me this! So, your roommate…she likes girls?” Mi Suk said uneasy. “No no. That’s not it!” I said to her.

            “Mi Suk is a friend I made in Guri when I went to school there. She and I always stuck together and had fun together until I switched schools in Cheongdam. She is the only one that I tell most of my problems to plus I’ve also helped her a couple of times when she was in danger. I can say she was really lucky to have me as a friend.”

            “Hyun Ae! Your roommate is so creepy! I think you should change roommates!” Mi Suk said to me. “I can’t because he’s the only one that is in that Hall besides me,” I told her. “Ehh, that’s . Then what about the other students? Are you two the only students in the whole school?!” Mi Suk yelled. “Quiet your voice and no. There are other Halls. It just happens that he and I were the only ones that applied to that Hall. Besides, that Hall was free to use considering how the conditions of the Hall itself looks,” I explained to her.

            “Ah, I feel so sorry for you Hyun Ae! Wait,” Mi Suk replied, “did you say he?” “Yeah. It was always a he,” I said to her. “Eh?! Is he good-looking?! Are you dating him!?! And only you two in the same Hall with no one around?!” Mi Suk shouted. “Shh!! Stop yelling things out loud Mi Suk! Plus, he…” I started, “he calls me by Hyun Ae.” “Ehh?! Already informal with you?! Hyun Ae! You must keep him! He is a keeper!!” Mi Suk yelled excitedly. “I don’t think that’s possible. Comparing how he looks to me, I’m not even fit for him. Besides, everyone else in the school also looks beautiful and handsome. I can’t compete,” I explained to her.

            “You cannot give up yet! Didn’t you tell me that you have a masquerade party coming up! Use this chance to get closer to him and steal him away! Plus you two already share rooms so it shouldn’t be a problem right?” Mi Suk said excitedly. “Mi Suk, you are over exaggerating things. I don’t think he likes me that way,” I said to her. “Stop counting yourself out of the competition! You are still up for it like every other girl in the school!!” Mi Suk said while shaking me.

            “He is always by himself. The person that gets most of the attention is the Prince in my school anyways,” I said to her. “Prince? Prince Ji Hwan!!!!” Mi Suk said with sparkly eyes, “have you gotten his number yet for me?!?!?” “No, but I don’t think that he is someone nice of the sort,” I said to her. Thinking about how he treated me and afterwards when I went to thank him. “Eh?! You’re talking crazy! Just because so many of the girls like him doesn’t mean that you can’t go for him! You have to give it your all to get him or else he is going to get stolen from you!!” Mi Suk lectured.

            “No, I think he is already dating the Ice-princess in my school,” I said to her.  “Ice-princess? Ice-princess Moon Jessica!!! The famous one in EM Company!!!” Mi Suk shouted out loud. People started staring at us and whispering words to each other. “Mi Suk!!! Be quiet for once! Why do you shout everything I tell you?!” I whispered-shouted to her. “I’m sorry,” Mi Suk lowered her voice. “Anyways, about my roommate, I don’t know if I can face him again. I’m a little nervous,” I said to her.

            “You can do it!! Go for him! I bet he likes you too!! Plus while you’re at it, you can get the Prince to like me!!” Mi Suk said while daydreaming it. “You’re hopeless Mi Suk,” I said getting up and started leaving. “Wait for me Hyun Ae!” Mi Suk said following after me. We reached the subway. “I’ll see you later then Mi Suk. It was nice to talk to you again,” I said to her. “It was nice talking to you as well. But Hyun Ae, do you best! I know that he will like you! Hwaiting!!” Mi Suk said enthusiastically. “Thanks,” I said to her and left to head back to school.

            I wonder if he really likes me. I returned back to my room and got ready for the Masquerade Party that the school held. It was a chance to meet other people while wearing a mask as well maybe for some hook-ups. “I wonder where Min Hyuk-ah is and if he is going to the Masquerade Party. I was too nervous to ask him yesterday,” I said while changing into my dress. I fixed my hair and make-up and head to the ballroom. “Wow, lots of people are here,” I said while walking around the place.

            “Hello, what’s your name?” someone asked me. “Eh? My name is Woo Hyun Ae, what’s your name?” I asked her. “Ah! You’re the girl that bumped into the Prince. Your name is really famous around the campus among the girls. You should really watch your step if you don’t want to get hurt by his fanclub,” the girl said and just left afterwards. “I didn’t even get to know her name. Fanclub? Those girls from before must be part of the fanclub,” I whispered to myself. “Is the Prince here?! I heard that he is already here somewhere! What?! I didn’t even see him come in here! I wonder where he is! There’s the Ice-princess!! Her dress is always amazing and gorgeous! So envious!” some of the girls said that was near me.

            I feel so different from everyone. I feel as though everyone is such high class that I’m just an ordinary girl in the wrong world. “Would you like to dance?” someone said to me. “Huh?” I said while looking at that person. I couldn’t quite see who that person because his mask was so delicately designed that you could barely tell who it was. His hand was reached out towards me and I accepted. “Everyone is so beautiful! Eh? Who’s that?” some girls said towards us.

            “Her dress is so plain and so poorly designed. I can’t believe that the guy would even dance with her. Well, he is poorly dressed himself,” the girls criticized. “Let’s go more towards the middle,” the guy said to me. We moved towards the middle of the room. “I can’t really dance well,” I explained to him. “It’s fine. Just follow my footsteps,” the guy whispered in my ear. His voice was manly and gentle. I wonder who he is. Slowly, I followed his footsteps smoothly without stepping on his toes or placing my foot in the wrong place.

            “Why…why did you choose to dance with me?” I said to him. “Why?” the guy questioned. “Yes. Out of all of the girls, you could’ve chosen any of them. You could’ve chosen Moon Jessica as well,” I said to him. “Because I like you,” he whispered into my ear. I blushed, “you…like… me?” I said looking at him. We stopped dancing and stared at each other, lost in time. The guy grabbed my face and kissed me. My eyes wide opened, and my mask fell when he grabbed my face. “Who…who are you?” I questioned while blushing. He just turned and ran off. My heart beating like crazy. “Okay everyone! I would like everyone to gather around,” someone said. I grabbed my mask and put it back on.

            “It’s the prince,” I whispered while watching him speak. “I would like to thank everyone for coming today and supporting our event today! Thanks for coming tonight and I hope that everyone enjoyed our event today! Dance will last until midnight!” Ji Hwan announced. I wonder who that person was. His kiss was so warm and sweet. I decided to head back to my dorm. All I could think about was that kiss as I was returning back to my room. “Min Hyuk-sshi, you didn’t go to the Masquerade Party?” I asked him.

            “Oh, I did but I came back early,” Min Hyuk replied while reading a book. His book was upside-down. I wonder if it was him. “Why did you come back early? Did you not enjoy it?” I questioned him. “I got bored,” Min Hyuk said while still reading his book. “Oh, okay,” I said while searching for some night clothes. “Ah! You look really pretty in that dress Hyun Ae!” Min Hyuk said to me. “Huh?” I said while looking at him.

            He was smiling at me for a second and then continued reading. I wonder if it was him. I went up to him and grabbed the book. “What are you doing?! I was reading that!” Min Hyuk said getting up and trying to grab the book. “You’re reading it backward!” I said to him and flipped it for him. “Oh! No wonder I didn’t understand anything that it was saying,” Min Hyuk said smiling at me with a slight blush on his face.

            His smile is so sweet. I think it was definitely him that was dancing with me. “Min Hyuk, were you the one dancing with me?”

.End.