A Welcome to the Prestigious High School

Saved by a Premonition

 

            “Wow, look at the prince!! He’s coming this way! He is so handsome!! Take a picture of him quickly! Once in a life time chance!! I’m dying from his beauty! Look there is also the ice-princess!! So beautiful! Where does she get her make-up?! I heard that she is a model for some top company in Seoul! So envious! I heard that the prince and the princess are dating! What?! No way!!” some people chattered as they entered through the school gates of the prestigious high school in Cheongdam.

            They were quickly surrounded by dozens of people from the school gate waiting to see them walk through into the school doors. Flashes of lights from cameras appeared everywhere from all angles.

            “I can’t believe that I’m going to be late! My Umma should’ve woke me up and made me rush. Wah! I can’t believe I’m new to this school and I’m going to be late on my first day here!!” I said while rushing to school.

            “My name is Woo Hyun Ae, second year going to high school. I recently transferred to this prestigious high school close to my hometown. I left all of my friends from my other high school in Guri-dong. Everyone was excited for me going to the prestigious high school in Cheongdam where the beautiful ice-princess Moon Jessica and prince Jeon Ji Hwan goes to. Moon Jessica was noticed through her selection as a model in the EM Company. Top name brand for the international scenes. Jeon Ji Hwan is the director’s son of this prestigious high school. He is well known for his beautiful looks and his amazing dancing skills.”

            “My luggage is so heavy! What did I even pack in here?! Argh! I’m going crazy right now!! Ah! There is the entrance to the school!” I said rushing before the gate closes in on me, “wait for me!! Don’t close the gates yet!!” I was sweating so much trying to rush through the gates of the school. “Look over here prince! I want to take a picture of you! Ice-princess! Over here!! Look at me!!” the students yelled. “What are these people doing in the front gate of the school?!” I said struggling to get past the people blocking the entrance to get inside.

            “Don’t push me! Get out of the way!” some girls said while pushing me to the ground. “Wah! I said while being pushed and fell to the ground, “Ouch! What are they even doing here?!” I got up and brushed myself and looked at the gate. “Ah!!! Don’t close yet!!” I yelled pushing through the crowd of people gathered at the school gate. I managed to squeeze through them and get inside.

            “I’m safe!!” I said. Bump! I fell backwards to the ground. My papers went flying everywhere from my hand. “Ah! My papers!!” I said while trying to get up. “Who is that girl? She bumped into the prince. What?! She touched the prince! Who is she that dares touch the prince?!” some girls muttered angrily. “Here you go,” Ji Hwan said smiling and handing me the pieces of papers that flew away from my hand. “Ah! Thank you,” I said bowing and grabbing the paper away from him. “No problem, Hyun Ae,” Ji Hwan said smiling brightly at me. I blushed. What is this feeling inside my chest?

            “No fair! She got to talk to the prince! Out of the way!!” the girls yelled while pushing me away. “I have to find the main office somewhere,” I said while rushing into the school doors. “What was that about?” Jessica whispered to Ji Hwan. “What do you mean?” Ji Hwan whispered back.

            “Ah! So you’re Woo Hyun Ae. Nice to meet you. Do you know which hall you are living in?” the student assistant asked me while smiling. “Ah, I’m in the S Hall,” I said to her. “Eh? S Hall?” the student assistant looked at me confused. “Ah, did I say something wrong?” I said looking at her scared. “Ah! It’s nothing. Here is a map on how to get there,” she said while handing me a piece of paper with directions on them, “You’ll pass a garden on your way there so you’ll know when you reached the hall.”

            I left the main office afterwards and starting following the direction in which the map said. “Garden, garden. I wonder where the garden is,” I said while looking around the place. I looked to my left and right searching for the garden that the student assistant told to me. “Huh?” I saw a guy sleeping on the bench. “I wonder if he knows where that garden is that the student assistant was talking about,” I said while walking up towards him.

            I looked at him carefully. “Wah! He is handsome!” I said blushing a little while staring at him, “would I disturb him if I wake up right now though?” In the end, I left him sleeping and searched on my own. “Ah! There’s the garden that she was talking about,” I said to myself and looking at the different flowers and plants planted near the side of the pathway.

            “These white camellias are beautiful,” I said while grabbing onto one of them. “Don’t touch it!” someone shouted at me. “Huh?!” I said while accidently pulling one out of the ground, “ah! I didn’t mean to…” I realized that it was the ice-princess Moon Jessica. She grabbed the camellia out of my hand and stared at me angrily. “What do you think you’re doing?!” Jessica said annoyed. “Ah, well, I was looking for my hall and the student assistant said that I would past by a garden before reaching it,” I explained to her.

            “Garden? Which hall are you from?!” Jessica said not lightening up the mood at all. “T-t-the S Hall,” I said to her scared. She giggled. “Figures,” Jessica said looking at the flower tenderly. “What do you mean figures?” I said confused. “You are in the wrong garden area. There are five gardens in total if you even took the time to realize that before entering this school. One for each the different halls, A, B, C, D and S. Right now, you’re in the A Hall’s garden,” Jessica said looking at me with an intense stare.

            Her stare pierced through my soul. “Ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that there were five different gardens,” I said while looking towards the ground. I was just so scared of her stare that all I can do was look at the ground. I can see from her shoes walking up towards me. “Do you even know what the S in S Hall means,” she said while looking at me. “N-n-no,” I said shaking my head while still looking at the ground. I can see her grab onto something but I don’t know what it was that she grabbed that was near me.

            She giggled and walked back to where she was originally standing. “Isn’t this fountain just lovely?” she said in a gentle tone. “Huh?” I said looking up at her, “What…what are you doing?!” She was holding my luggage over the fountain. “Opps,” she said dropping my luggage. “Ah!! My luggage!” I screamed while rushing to catch it. Splash! “Oh dear. That luggage is just too heavy for me,” Jessica said while looking at me.

            I was drenched in the water but lucky saved my luggage from being wet. “You should get out of the fountain. You’re not supposed to play in it,” she said and left afterwards. “Ah, I’m all wet. What did I do to deserve this?” I said while getting up, “my clothes are all drenched because of her!” “Are you okay?” someone said to me in a concerned voice. “Ah, I’m okay,” I said blushing. It was Jeon Ji Hwan that was talking to me.

            “Did something happen?” he said while lending me a hand. “Ah, I was on my way to my Hall and accidently came the wrong way and fell into the fountain water,” I explained to him. I grabbed his hand and lifted myself away from the fountain. “Which hall are you in? I can point you in that direction if you need to,” Ji Hwan said smiling brightly at me. My heart started racing. “I-I-I’m in the S Hall,” I said to him smiling.

            “S Hall?” Ji Hwan said not smiling anymore. “Yes,” I said smiling to him. “You take a right and then a left, and after taking a left, you’ll find the S Hall’s garden, and after you find the S Hall’s garden, you take another right and then you’ll reach the hall. Did you catch all that?” Ji Hwan said while smiling at me tenderly.

            “Ah, yes. Thank you,” I said bowing to him again. “You’re welcome,” Ji Hwan said starting to walk away.  He is so nice. “Ah, thank you for today for saving my papers,” I said to him smiling. “Ah, it was nothing,” Ji Hwan said sweetly. My heart started picking up speed. Why is my heart beating so rapidly? “Oh and one more thing,” Ji Hwan said turning towards me smiling. “Yes!” I said blushing. His smile faded away, “you come to the A Hall again and there’ll be some consequences. Good-bye.” He waved and smiled and left afterwards.

            My jaws dropped wide-opened. What was that that just happened to me? All of a sudden he was nice and tender and then suddenly he told me to watch my step? I stared at him confused on how to feel. A gust of wind flew right through me. “Huh?” my eyes widened, “What was that that I just saw?” Somehow in my mind, I witnessed Ji Hwan hit by a car. The date, March 30. I shook my head. “It’s nothing, it’s nothing. I have to find my hall,” I said while following his directions that he told me. “She’s interesting,” someone said behind the bushes.

            I reached my destination. “Wha…what is this place?!” I screamed in shock. The place was in terrible condition. Windows falling apart. The garden was not even a garden. The water fountain looks unfit to even look drinkable. Some of the building wall looks missing or punched through by people. Stairs to the inside are made of wood and looks beaten up. Graffiti on the walls that says “S Hall ”. “Why…why am I here? Is this even part of the school?!” I said shocked at the condition. “Ah! You must be Woo Hyun Ae! Nice to meet you!” someone said running up to me.

            “And you are…” I questioned. “I’m the dorm manager for this hall. Forgive the condition on how it looks like. It’s still such a nice place to live in,” she said happily. “N-n-nice p-pl-place to live in?” I said unsure. “Yes yes! Let me help you with that luggage!” she said pulling it and dragging me inside the place. She was humming a tune as we entered into the building. Sounds like the tune of death. “Who all lives here?” I questioned her. “Who? Just two people. You and this other person for now,” she said smiling at me and showing me to my room.

            “This is the place in which you’ll be staying in. Right now since our school on the two-person system for dorms, you’ll have to dorm with the other person who lives here,” she said while placing my luggage inside and smiling at me. “Ah, who is the other person?” I questioned her. “Ah! Sorry I wasn’t here,” someone said while coming inside the room. “Eh?” I questioned. “Huh?” that person said looking at me.

            “Hyun Ae, this is Kang Min Hyuk. You’re roommate,” she said smiling to me. “I’m…I’m rooming with a guy!!!”

.End.