Chapter I

Inspiration

“Hey,” whispered a faint voice. “Hey..Hey Yixing, wake up.” 

 

Slowly but surely, my eyes opened. On any other day I would’ve complained, but with my lover’s face merely inches away from mine—his big, bright eyes fluttering as he flashed me a wide, pearly white smile that said “I’ve been awake for hours, but that’s totally okay!”— I just couldn’t bring myself to. In fact, some kind of goofy grin ended up plastered over my features too. 

 

“Hey Lu,” I said—or at least I tried to say, as I was still too half-asleep to speak clearly. Luhan simply giggled. God, did I love when he did that. 

 

“Hey there, sleepyhead.” He reached out a hand to mess up my hair some more, like if it wasn’t messy enough already. “Are you ready for today? I was making some breakfast for us while you were still asleep.”

 

“Luhan, how long have you been awake?” I questioned, turning over on my side to check the time on the alarm clock. 10:18 AM. 

 

I was unsure if his response caught me by surprise or not. “I woke up around 6:20.” He shrugged like it was no big deal. I just laid there and blinked at him—this boy was really something. 

 

“Well, are you gonna get up?” he asked again, his fingers slipping in between mine. He made an effort to pull me up and off the bed, but with my own strength I resisted. 

 

“Hyung...” I groaned. 

 

Several failed tugs later, Luhan decided to leave me alone. By now he must have known there was no point in arguing with me so he just left me alone. I felt kind of bad for giving him a hard time but I’d come around eventually. For then, I continued to lay on my back, trying to get as much extra shuteye possible. 

 

The shuffling of feet woke me up again. The first thing I saw was the all-too-familiar figure of Luhan, my lover, standing by my closet, all dressed up in a plain t-shirt and colorful shorts. What was he up to now? 

 

He turned his back to the closet, a smile lighting up his face as he noticed I was awake. “Oh, look! A sign of life.” He just giggled; that same giggle that had stolen my heart. “I’ve set up an outfit for you to wear today,” he said, backing a few steps away from the closet to reveal a perfectly organized outfit, like it came straight out of a magazine. It was a long-sleeved sweater with shorts, but the way Luhan always mixed and matched things fascinated me. 

 

To prevent him from getting fussy, I propped myself up on my elbows. It was a start at getting up. He pouted—his more impatient side was starting to show—and he trudged over to the bed, taking both of my hands and tugging me, just as he had done before. 

“Yah, get up! It’s already lunchtime, and we have plans to get to, and you’re gonna make both of us late.”

“Ugh,” I groaned as he pulled me onto my feet. “What is it that’s so important? Brunch with the President of the United States?”

“Yixing, stop being sarcastic...” Luhan mumbled with a scowl. 

With that pout of his, I couldn’t help but to feel bad. I brushed my thumb over his hair, pushing his bangs out of his face. “I’m sorry,” I whispered against his skin, my lips pressed to his forehead in a gentle kiss. I felt his eyelashes flutter by my jawline. 

“It’s okay,” he whispered in return, before continuing in an even more hushed tone of voice. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I just stood there, grinning as I held his small frame against mine. It was always those little moments with him that felt the best to me. “So, where are you taking me anyway?”

“It’s a surprise. Just go get ready and meet me by the kitchen, where I’ll be preparing your breakfast—or, er, brunch.” He reached for the bottom of my shirt, lifting it up slightly. Then, being the little tease he was, he dropped his hands from my cotton shirt and scurried away, leaving me there to change by myself. Well, okay. 

 

A couple of minutes later, I ran downstairs, led by the warm, homemade scent of breakfast. My shirt was barely over my head as I was led by my own anxiety; I couldn’t wait to see what my love had in store for me today. “Lu!” 

With those wide eyes, he almost dropped what he was doing to turn his attention towards me. “Oh, hi!” I noticed that one of his fingers was coated in batter and it had seemed as if he was about to it off. That sneaky boy. 

I stood by him, my hands placed firmly on his shoulders as his eyes darted back and forth from his recipe book to the ingredients laid out in front of him. He raised his finger up to me, and I took the initiative to the batter off, pressing my lips around his finger. He giggled yet again. 

“I was making waffles,” he began as he got back to his cooking. “With strawberries and whipped cream! Do you like that?”

“I do like that,” was my reply. “And I’m sure I’ll like it even more since you’re making it for me.”

“Made from Luhan, with love.” 

 

I simply grinned at him, until he nodded towards the coffee table on the other side of the room. I turned my attention to it too, noticing a small sticky note posted on top of it. I figured he wanted me to read it, so I did. 

 

‘Things to bring to the beach...’ it read, in Luhan’s unmistakable handwriting. 

‘Sandwiches for lunch? Or hot dogs. Towels, water and other drinks, iPod or radio..’

 

“So we’re going to the beach?” I spoke up.

“Mhm. You can forget about the sandwiches and hot dogs though, since you decided not to get up.” He scoffed. “I have everything ready by the door, but we’ll get going after we eat.” He had been serving the waffles on two separate plates, and he was adding some strawberries, maple syrup, and the whipped cream. He motioned for me to return to him, just so that he could giggle some more as he sprayed whipped cream in my mouth. I even ended up giggling too. 

 

I took a seat by the wooden dining table, which was decorated with floral place mats and a vase filled with sunflowers in the center. The sun was shining straight through the windows, making a perfect homey setup. Luhan put down the plate in front of our chairs as well as two glasses of orange juice, then he took the seat across for himself. I could tell he was just as hungry as I was. 

 

“Dig in,” he said, a fork in one hand and a knife in the other. 

 


a/n: Thanks for the comments and subscribes I've gotten so far! I'll try my best to keep updating regularly. :)