My brother...

My Beloved Opera Singer

 

This will be the 10th years after this opera house burnt down. My brother had been always one of those 9 opera singers in this famous opera house. I came back to have a visit and it still looked old and rot. The burnt walls were still there standing and the government never wants to repair it. I felt so sad when they didn’t even want to look for talents in singing. Actually, it is not opera but this group of 9 named themselves opera singers or official name Super Junior because of their song titled ‘Opera’. One of the songs in their album, ‘Mr. Simple’.

“What are you looking at Mimi? We have to get on board now.” My friend, Young Lee said.

“Let me stay here for a few days, please tell them that. Bye, see you later.” I said and walked into the opera house. As I was roaming at the hall, I saw some of the portraits of the opera singers and it still hang at the wall. Maybe if I walked further into the theater, they still have their portraits hanging. What am I talking about? 90% sure it will not be there anymore but I have a strong sense that the portraits are still there. I went into the theater where the opera singers sang their songs; enjoy themselves on the stage, making their own stage as their own party place and a spot where they communicate with their fans.

“How have you been doing brother? I hope you are doing fine without me by your side.” I said and glanced around. I walked out from the theater room and suddenly I stepped on something, I looked down and it written, ‘welcome my dear’. I turned around and saw the theater had changed into a well-developed stage. It was ugly a few minutes ago but then some magical things changed it. The next door was the portrait room where the portraits of the Super Junior were hung at the wall gracefully with their mask in their hands.

My brother Donghae was one of the opera singers but he died in the fire during their last performance. My brother-sister relationship with him was so strong until I felt so down when I got to know he died in this Opera House. He had always brought me to watch him and s singing in their practice room and I have known one of his co-members named Sungmin, who was very good in martial arts and musical. It was a big mistake for me to come here because all those memories flashed back and makes me sad when it comes to their smiles and laughter. Without realizing, I drove into my dreamland and the next thing I knew is, I saw my brother in front of me, waving while he mouthed ‘Hi’.

I ran into his arms but I couldn’t feel his muscular body. I tried to touch him but it went through as if he is a ghost. It was all a dream. I thought this was 10 years ago where I can cuddle in his embrace but I can only dream of it. “Hope you are doing fine my lovely sister, Kyungmi.” The last word before the other Super Junior members joined him. That was the last word before he disappeared from my sight. I called him but he left me with his lips curved into a smile. The next morning I woke up, the sunlight shines through the broken windows as I rubbed my eyes. I have been sleeping in this opera house for one night. Stretching my body and stood from the couch, putting my coat on and when I was about to leave the opera house, a strong grip pulled at my wrist. I was awakened by that and quickly turned around, seeing my beloved opera singer or brother Donghae, holding my hand.

“Brother, is that really you?” I asked. I stuttered at his sudden appearance but he was already dead 10 years ago and how can I see him?

“I came to look for you. You came into the portrait room and all the members were watching every steps of yours hoping that it didn’t cause any injuries while you were walking.” He replied. He then took out a picture of the Super Junior members and me. This picture was taken in my dream before and it was reality? “Once you reach home, pay them to take the portraits with you back because that is the way for me to watch you every single time.” He said and smiled at me.

“I can feel your presence brother. Because of the sudden warm when I entered the portrait room, I knew you were there. I will brother. Just wait a little longer.” I said and hugged him but I ended up falling down. I turned around and he is disappearing into thin air, slowly.

“I need to go now. Please be hurry because they will turn down this opera house by next Monday. And remember that I will always love you.” He said and he walked to his co-members.

“Wait for me and we will be together as always. I love you too, My beloved Opera Singer.” The Opera House turned cold and I can feel the chill ran down to my spine. They are no longer in this Opera House anymore. I went back home and ordered some of the people to come to the Opera House the next day. They took the portraits of my brother and his other 8 co-members and hang them in my hall. I turned off the heater as I can feel the cold under my feet but then I felt warm and a sudden happy feeling came. My brother and the other Super Junior members are with me now. We will always be together.