T H R E E

C O L L I D E

 

Kwon Jihyuk shoved open the door to the pool hall.
 
"Where were you last night?" Lee Hyunsoo, Jihyuk's second-in-command, asked over his shoulder as he leaned over the pool table.
 
"Out." Was all Jihyuk said, flopping down on one of the empty tables and covering his eyes. Jang Do-il, the son of the owner and one of Jihyuk's closest friends, shook his head silently.
 
"I heard Ground Zero was swarming with police last night." Kyungjong pouted. "I guess we're never performing there again."
 
"A girl band got chased out." Hyunsoo shook his head. "Amateurs."
 
Jihyuk grunted.
 
"Were you there?" Kyungjong asked, wide-eyed.
 
"Maybe." Jihyuk coughed and fell silent.
 
"Who cares about Ground Zero?" Hajin sneered, taking a shot and landing a ball perfectly in a pocket. "I hear one of the girls' schools across town got shut down today."
 
"So?" Hyunsoo glared at the table, eyeing up what his next turn would be.
 
"So that means JungSang will be crawling with new ladies tomorrow." Hajin nodded slowly. When no one joined in, he grabbed Kyungjong's face and nodded it manually.
 
"Get your hands off of me!" The littler boy flailed until he was released. He retreated to safety behind Do-il.
 
"What school?" Do-il asked, tucking his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket.
 
"Yangpa Preparatory Academy for Young Ladies." Hajin answered in a snooty voice. He sighed. "Ah, Yangpa girls."
 
"What about them?" Hyunsoo leaned on his pool stick.
 
"Yangpa girls know how to have a good time." The tallest boy winked.
 
"As if you'd know." Hyunsoo rolled his eyes.
 
"I do!" Hajin swore. The others hushed him so they could continue their game.
 
"Ahem."
 
Attention turned to the entrance.
 
A girl stood with her arms folded over her chest. She wore a black leather jacket over her school uniform and a pair of red high top Converse.
 
"Can we help you?" Hyunsoo asked smugly.
 
"Which one of you is Kwon Jihyuk?" She asked, not acknowledging the boy.
 
Jihyuk sat up and nodded. She crossed the room and handed him a folded piece of paper. She bowed and left.
 
"What the-" Kyungjong wrinkled his nose in her direction.
 
"Yangpa girl." Hajin smirked. Do-il smacked the back of his head.
 
Jihyuk unfolded the paper and read it, nodding. He hopped off the pool table and headed for the door.
 
"Get some rest." He said, standing in the doorway. "We've got school tomorrow."
 
"Since when do we care about school?" Hajin shook his head and returned to his game.