Poems, Tears and Hugs

Seven Days

Apparently there was a 'surprise' Literature task from their teacher. All of the students were assigned to write a poem, about anything or anyone. Because Jang seonsaengnim was being nice, she gave all of her student an hour to find their inspiration to write their poems, but they still must be on the school grounds.

"Why do we get this lame task to make a poem...." Junhui groaned as he crumpled a piece of paper, he was trying to write his poem but failed as always.

"Idiot. Do you prefer to do 100 Mathematics questions, then? I heard that Mingyu's class got that task." Mingming chuckled at his best friend's acts.

"I'd be glad to write a poem any day." He laughed. "Why weren't you at home last night?" Junhui curiously asked. Since their families are close, the Wens and the Yaos decided to live together in their large house.

"Remember when I told you that I was asking Sihyun to help with my homework?" Mingming spoke in a low tone in hoping that Sihyun, who was just two tables away from them couldn't hear their conversation.

"Yeah, I did. Why?" Mingming stayed silent for a moment, letting his best friend's brain to work. "Oh! Did you slept at her house? Oh my God!" Junhui spoke rather loudly, resulting the remaining students who were still in class turned their heads to them with a confused expression.

"Ignore what he said. Go on, continue with uh... whatever you were doing!" Mingming grinned. Thankfully it was convincing enough so they continued what they were doing before, some were thinking about their poem and some were simply chit-chatting. "Don't talk loudly, idiot." Mingming said in Chinese as he dragged his best friend away from the classroom. Soon enough, they arrived at the school's rooftop garden

"Daydreaming? Hmm...." Sihyun mumbled as she searched the symbolism of a purple violet on her phone. A blooming purple violet was on a small pot that she put next to her on the bench.

Mingming walked towards Sihyun as he greeted her, Junhui following behind. "Hi, Sihyun!" both chorused together.

"Oh hi Mingming! Hi Junhui!" Sihyun replied without leaving her gaze from the flower, a notebook on her lap and a pen on her right hand.

"Already decided what you're going to write?" Mingming asked, chuckling for a bit when he sees her serious expression which was cute to his eyes.

Sihyun simply nodded. "Yeah, I'm going to write about this purple violet. It symbolizes daydreaming."

"Good that you've already decided what you're writing." He grinned.

"You haven't decided about it yet?"

"Nope." Mingming chuckled as he sat on the bench right in front of the bench where Sihyun was sitting. Actually he was lying. He had already know what he'll write the moment he saw her face.

"Good luck for that!" She smiled before writing something on her notebook, preferably a rough idea of how her poem will be.

Junhui already disappeared to some other place, with the reason that he doesn't want to disturb those two. Every ten seconds, Mingming tried to steal a glance of Sihyun, and then he'll write his poem word by word. "My poem will probably turn out like how a lovesick puppy would write." He thought.

 


 

School is finally over. Guess what? Mingming got a perfect score of 100 in Literature. Even Sihyun only got 90. "Mingming! What poem did you write until it got a perfect score, huh?" Sihyun asked as she trailed behind him, who was walking out of the classroom.

"It's a secret." He laughed. Both of his friends has been asking this question ever since he recieved the results. What was he supposed to say? A love poem? That would made them laugh their butts off.

"Aww. You're no fun. I'm going first, bye!" Sihyun waved as she smiled and walked towards the school gate.

"Hey, did you really wrote a poem about her?" Junhui asked as he suddenly appeared beside him, Mingming already told him that he was going to use Sihyun as his inspiration, but Mingming himself didn't thought that his poem would be so........ cheesy.

"I did. I'm being kind today, let me treat you some food."

Junhui didn't see that coming, he slung his arm over Mingming's shoulder as he grinned. "Sounds good to me."

 

At the Cheongdamdong district, Sihyun has just arrived at her house after she ate at a restaurant beforehand. "I'm home." She opened the door lazily as she was greeted by a fuming Mr. Jang.

"Jang Sihyun, since when are you allowed to bring boys to our house and to make it worst, he slept in your room."

Sihyun sighed, her mother must've been the one who told her father about this. "He's my friend, dad. Also my dance partner."

"It still doesn't gives you a valid reason why he slept in your room." Mr. Jang crossed his arms, he's definitely not pleased.

"We don't have a guest room in this house, mom was watching TV at the living room so the only place he could slept was in my room?" Sihyun snapped back. Tears were forming in her eyes, she didn't liked it when people judged her like that, especially when her parents did that. She dashed to her room with a heaved sigh, stuffed a few things on her backpack and walked out of her house in a matter of second. All she wanted was to cry alone without any worries.

"Jang Sihyun!" Mr. Jang yelled but Mrs. Jang pulled back her husband. 

"Just let her be. I'm sure she'll be back."

 


 

It was already 7PM and Sihyun had stayed at the park for two hours. She felt lonely and there was this certain someone that came into her mind, the one who said that he'll be her shoulder to lean on. Mingming, whom she called through the phone ran to the park as soon as he heard her nasally voice.

"Sihyun!" He called out as Sihyun looked up to him, who was running towards her. "Are you okay?"

She smiled weakly as she shook her head. "No, I'm not okay." Her eyes were slightly red and puffy, as if she had cried all day.

"Come here." Mingming murmured as he pulled her into a hug, embracing her carefully as he patted her back. "Just let it all out." Soon enough, large tears brimmed in her eyes as she started to sob against his chest.

After a few minutes of crying, she pulled away as she smiled sheepishly. "Sorry for making your shirt wet...."

"It's fine." He smiled. Eventhough his shirt is pretty much soaked up with her tears, as long as she felt better, he's fine with that. "So.... where do you want to go now?"

"I don't know. I'm not ready yet to go home." Sihyun sighed.

"Do you...... want to stay for the night at my house? You know... to repay you when I slept at your house.." He suggested as she replied with a nod. 

"Alright then."

 

The moment they arrived at Mingming's house, they were greeted by Junhui. "Oh hey guys." 

"Where are the others? Already asleep?" Mingming asked in Chinese as Junhui replied shortly with a 'Yes'.

Sihyun didn't understand what they were talking about so she waved her hands. "Excuse me? I'm here?"

"Sorry." Mingming grinned. 

"Urgh, you two, just go to Mingming's room and don't disturb my drama watching time!" Junhui groaned as he pushed them to the stairs, pointing at it as if he's telling them to go away. He was catching up on the latest episode of 'That Winter, The Wind Blows', that explains his slightly puffy eyes and those tissues that were rolled as a ball laying messily on the ground.

"So here's my room! Sorry if it's messy." Mingming said as he opened the door to his room, revealing a medium sized room with white painted walls, and two windows that was near his study desk and one was near his bed.

Sihyun slowly scanned the room. It wasn't that messy, but not that neat either. His bedsheets were navy blue, a silver laptop was lying on his bed alongside a Skullcandy headphones, some CDs were scattered messily on top of his bookshelf and music was playing from his laptop.

"Uh... I was watching some dance videos and I guess I forgot to turn it off." He said, quickly tidying up his bed as he turned off the video, putting his laptop to his desk and basically trying to clean up his room as fast as he could.

"So...." 

"I'll sleep on the couch and you can sleep on the bed." Mingming said as he tried to find some extra blankets from his dresser. "Weird. There was some blankets earlier... oh dear God, Wen Junhui."

"What's the problem?" Sihyun asked as she was preparing to lay down on his bed, it was a tiring day after all.

"There aren't any spare blankets but.. oh well I guess I just have to wear a sweater." Mingming laughed.

"Um... just sleep beside me." Sihyun spoke in an almost inaudible tone, but Mingming could hear it clearly.

One thing for sure, that made his heart beats a lot faster that his heart felt like it almost explode. He didn't know why but he felt nervous but come on, it's not the first time they slept beside each other.

"Mingming." She called out his name as she pulled the blanket over her body and turned her body to him.

"Yes?" His voice cracked a bit, signalling his nervousness as he tried to stay calm.

"Thank you." Sihyun smiled a bit before finally closing his eyes. Mingming let out a sigh of relief as he also closed his eyes. What a tiring day.

 


 Author's note 

This chapter is waaaaaaaay shorter than my usual ones >_< but I promise that the next chapters will be in normal length. Thanks for reading and please, I need your feedbacks<3 I have exam next week so wish this author lots and lots of good luck. Oh! And happy birthday to Junhui since it's already 12AM KST