Chapter 1

Sleepless Life

 

Minho~


I never thought in a world with billions and billions of people I would be so ing alone. So many people and they all pissed me off in one way or another. Friendships didn't exist in my life any more, love was definitely out of the question, and in about five minutes I'm gonna have to tell Hana that. Our little one night stand was nothing more than another woman letting me down. I opened the drawer to the bed stand and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. I sat up, lighting the stick of death, and took a long drag of the cig. If only these would kill me faster I could have my way and be off to burn in Hell. I didn't belong on this damned planet anyways. Everyone was always so ing happy and here I was deep head over heels in depression. I took another long drag, exhaling the toxic smoke into the air around me. This was going to be a long day.


Next to me, Hana began to stir, peeking her bright almond eyes out from under the covers. I looked down at her sea of sandy brown hair and realized something. All the girls I always sleep with have the same sort of appearance - almond eyes, brown hair, defined cheeks, light caramel skin, short and a bit scrawny. That had been my type for as long as I had remember, but I had never noticed. My focus drifted back to her as her eyes crinkled in the corner hinting she was smiling under the covers. I presume she too was still , but I wasn't sure since I had falling asleep so quickly after we were down. I put the cigarette back up to my lips, blowing the excess straight up at the ceiling, watching the cloud of smoke disappear into the air.


"I didn't know you smoked," Hana whispered, breaking the silence. I glanced out the window to see the sun rising up over the horizon.


"I didn't know you had a tramp stamp," I whispered, still looking out the window at the orange ball of fire.


"Touché. You know I was thinking? Maybe I could make some breakfast." I looked down at her in shock. Breakfast?


"Um….I….I-"


"I don't have to if you are uncomfortable," she interrupted as she began to sit up, keeping the blanket over her s. She was still, just as I had thought.


"No! I just haven't had anyone make me breakfast for a long time."


"I wonder why not? You are absolutely dazzling," she murmured seductively as she leaned towards my face, our noses almost touching. I sat there feeling absolutely nothing where as this woman must be thinking I'm the best thing that'll ever happen to her. I wonder how long it would take for her to do my laundry? I leaned in and brushed my lips against her, the slight tang of cherry lipgloss still lingering on her lips from the night before. She shivered, leaning in to chase after my lips, but I just was out of reach.


I got up and stretched my body side to side before walking to the closet. I felt Hana's eyes upon my as I pulled a clean pair of boxers on followed by some trousers with tears in them for "fashion." I combed my hair back with my fingers and scratched my belly as I walked towards the kitchen. The coffee pot had already made me a few cups of scheduled coffee. I grabbed a glass from the cupboard above the coffee maker and was about to pour myself a glass when I heard Hana's feet coming towards me. I grabbed another glass from the cupboard and poured coffee into both of them and handed her a glass. She stared into it pulling herself onto a barstool as I took a large drink before finishing off my cigarette. I took a few more gulps before realizing she hadn't touched her coffee.


"Something wrong?" I asked pouring myself another cup.


"Um…would you have any sugar or creamer?" she asked as politely as she adjusted the shirt she was wearing. I noticed it was my black shirt I had wore last night to the club layered over her lace underwear.


"Er..sorry I usually drink my coffee black. Here's some sugar and there's milk in the fridge," I said nodding towards the stainless steel monster that took up a big chunk of my small apartment. It was small, but quite modern bachelor chic if that makes any sense at all. It was me and I was it. I hadn't noticed that Hane was getting more than milk out of the fridge. I went to stop her, not wanting her to get any ideas that she was welcome here, but she brushed my hand off and began to make bacon. I sighed quietly sipping more coffee to calm myself.


Once she was done tearing apart my fridge and cooking everything she had set before me a plate with bacon, pancakes, sausages, eggs, and toast. I waited for her to sit next to me and take a bite before I began eating. It was fairly good food, good enough I got seconds. We didn't really talk much until the end of my second plate.


"So what are you doing today?" she asked, wiping with a napkin.


"Well I-I have work and then I-I don't know," I stuttered taken back by her question.


"If you are free here's my number," she whispered in my ear sliding a piece of paper in my pants pocket. She kissed the side of my head before she went to collect her things and leave. Luckily she had remembered that shirt she had been wearing was not hers. I gave her a wave as she walked out the door. I locked it before leaning my back against it and sliding my body down until my hit the floor. I grabbed my hair firmly pulling it in frustration. Why did she want to see me again? I wasn't even trying to be all mushy with her and she got attached. Why did I do this to myself?

Every girl was the same damn thing. I get her attracted to me, I talk to her, bring her home, sleep with her, and send her off the next day hoping we had something when really I'm just passing my life by. Using them and I know it. The gross thing was I couldn't help myself. It was almost a hobby or some sort of game called 'how many women can you get in your bed?'


I shook my head and dragged my body off the floor and proceed to get ready for work. I went back to my room and pulled on a random black t-shirt, covering it with a back button down. I pulled on some dress shoes and grabbed my bag. I decided to leave the dishes from this mornings breakfast on the table for the time being and headed straight out the door. I went down the lonely elevator and arrived in the main lobby in no time. I walked over to the counter and smiled at the desk woman.


"Minho," she muttered rudely without looking up.


"Never fails, does it, Mama?" I said as she handed me my mail. Mama was about 65 years old and had been the receptionist ever since I had lived here out of college. She and I both shared a bitter hatred towards life.


I tucked my mail under my arm and hurried out to my car. I whipped out my cell as I began to drive towards the office. Onew picked up sounding cheery as always.


"Who do I kill today?" I laughed into the phone eyeing the bag full of knives and such on the passenger seat.


"Oh you are in for a big treat today, Minho," Onew said. "I have three top wanted serial killers in the area."


"Perfect," I whispered, ing my pedal to the floor.