Sad Beautiful Tragic

Sad Beautiful Tragic Part II

(A/N): if you haven't read the first part of the story, here is the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/448613

_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Aigoo! I still can’t believe you did that”

“What? I’m always right.”

“You can be so mean sometimes, you know that.”

Kyuhyun and Sooyoung had been arguing again of what had happened earlier in their Math class.

“Why did you say that to our professor? You already knew he taught the wrong formula, you didn’t have to stood up and embarrass him with your smart mouth! Aigoo-yah! Now I feel sorry for him.” Sooyoung frowned.

“It’s not my fault I’m too good for his class. It’s in my genes to be that brilliant.” Kyuhyun teased.

He knew what he did was wrong and he really wanted to apologize to their new professor right after class but the professor walked out after Kyuhyun told the whole class that the solution he taught was wrong and he solved the math problem by himself.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at him.

“Araso. Tomorrow I’ll apologize. Please don’t be mad at me anymore?” Kyuhyun does his aegyo. He knew his charm has an effect on Sooyoung.

“You always do that when I’m angry. It’s not fair!”

Kyuhyun smiled and stared at her.

“Stop that.” Sooyoung blushed.

“Stop what? Smiling or staring at you?”

“Neither.”

“You know… I’ve been thinking a lot about what happened in the hospital before. I don’t know if it’s real or I just had dreamt about it… I really think I saw you kissing me.”  He muttered.

Kyuhyun remembered the time he had an accident. He was at the hospital asleep when he suddenly felt someone kissed him. He thought it was Sooyoung but it was so bright and his vision was a little bit blur back then and when he felt pain everywhere, that’s when he out and got back to sleep again.

“I didn’t. Why did you think that I kissed you? Dream on!” Sooyoung laughed.

She knew that the kissing part was real but she didn’t want to tell him that because she’s still waiting for him to confess his true feeling for her and she thought she didn’t want to spoil it.

Sooyoung kept on laughing and Kyuhyun just shake his head. He looked serious now at Sooyoung.

“I will really kiss you if you don’t stop laughing.” He said.

She stopped and blushed.

Kyuhyun wondered if Sooyoung would slap him in the face if he would really kiss her. He pushed away the idea.

There was an awkward silence between them for a moment.

“By the way, I’m joining the Amazinging Talent next week. My dad said he won’t interfere with my singing anymore so I thought I’ll go and try.” He said.

 “Good for you. I’ll come and watch then.” She said.

Sooyoung was overwhelmed at the thought of seeing Kyuhyun singing on the stage. They were both excited that they’ve forgotten about the kissing part.

 

              

The crowd gets louder as the host of the event appears on the stage at last.

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Amazinging Talent. Are you all excited?!” he shouts. “As you all know, the winner of this contest will receive a cash prize worth 10 million won and a contract with SM Entertainment - known as the popular training agency when it comes of producing talented artists like Boa and the famous idol group TVXQ. So, are you the one we’re looking for?” he said and the crowd applause.

Sooyoung seated at the third row nervously waiting for Kyuhyun’s performance. It will be her first time to see him sing and she always wonders what his voice would like.

After a few contestants were done, it’s now kyuhyun’s turn to sing.

As he enters the stage, Sooyoung noticed that he’s really nervous because of the way he looks into the crowd.

Finally, the soft music was played and Kyuhyun started singing.

The crowd went silent and stunned while he sings a song about a tragic love story where the guy wants his lover to come back to him. There was a part in the lyrics where the guy told the girl that he loves her and he’ll do anything just to make her happy, even if it means letting her go.

From the stage, Kyuhyun can see Sooyoung with tearful eyes. He sang his heart out while looking at her.

Sooyoung was touched by the song. She remembered the first time she met Kyuhyun. She was really attracted to him back then and when she found out that they were in the same class, she approached him immediately. Right now she’s not just attracted to him, it was more than that. She knew she’s in love with him and there’s no denying now.

Kyuhyun finished his song and bowed to the audience. He heard a loud applause as he exits the stage. It was his first time to sing in a crowd, and now he knows what it feels like. He felt really good.

Although he did his best, he still didn’t win the contest. He was just second best but even though it was like that, he’s still happy because Sooyoung said she liked his angelic voice and how charming he was when singing on stage. She even gave him a hug after the contest and for that, he feels like he won already.

 

 

It was one hot summer day and Kyuhyun lie lazily on his bed. He’s been thinking a lot lately about the conversation he had with Mr. Lee Soo Man – the president of SM Entertainment.  Eight months after he won second from the contest, Lee Soo Man called him and asked if they could talk in person. He offered Kyuhyun if he would like to be train and work for SME. He remembered what Lee Soo Man said to him.

“I’ve watched your performance … and even though you didn’t win, I think you have the potential to be a great singer. Honestly, Kim Jong Woon had won the contest because he really has a great voice, but I’m not saying yours wasn’t. The truth is, when you sing, you put all your emotions in the song that’s why you make it more convincing and believable, plus I think you’re a good looking too like me so girls would probably buy your album.”

“But I didn’t win.”

“It doesn’t matter, we can also train you.  Come to SME in Seoul if you want so that could start already.”

“I’ll think about it.”

Kyuhyun was back to his senses again. He got up from his bed and went to the living room to watch TV so that he could distract himself from thinking.

It’s been a week since he had that conversation but he’s still undecided. He pulls out the calling card from his pocket that Lee Soo Man had given him and he stared at it for so long.

He’ll have to leave school if his going to pursue his dream of becoming a singer, he thought. His father will be very disappointed in him but he’ll have to approve it eventually since he already said that it’s ok for him to continue his singing career. But what concerned him the most was the thought of leaving Gwangju, of leaving his family, his friends, and most of all, he just can’t imagine of him leaving Sooyoung. He doesn’t know what else to do. His dream of becoming a famous singer is now at his reach…but would he reach out and grab the opportunity? The thought of it frustrates him even more that he gave up and fallen to sleep.

 

 

“I’ve been calling you yesterday, why didn’t you answer any of my calls? Did something happen?” asked Sooyoung as she drinks her soda.

Kyuhyun just shake his head. They’re both sitting in a bench at the park where they always hangout.

“Anyway, have you watch Inkigayo last Sunday?” she said. “I saw Kim Jong Woon’s debut with his new group Super Junior, you know, the one who beat you in the Amazinging Talent? I heard people call him Yesung now.”

Sooyoung glanced at Kyuhyun who seemed preoccupied. There was a long silence before she speaks again.

“I’ve been watching Super Junior’s performances recently and one of its members named Donghae dance really good. Actually, he’s not just good in dancing you know, because he sings well too and I think he’s so handsome.”

She waited Kyuhyun’s reply but heard nothing so she went on.

“All my friends like him. Maybe someday if Super Junior would have their first concert, I would definitely buy a ticket. I wonder if Donghae is more handsome in person. OMO! I think I like him now!”

Kyuhyun sighed. He suddenly kisses Sooyoung on the lips. It was a short kiss and both of them were breathless for a moment.

“I know what you’re trying to do.” Kyuhyun whispered. He’s panting, and his heart beats so fast that he can’t even breathe. “You’re making me jealous and you have no idea that I’ve been having a hard time trying to think of what to say.”

Sooyoung is still in shock, and said nothing.

“Sooyoung, there’s something I want to tell you” said Kyuhyun.

“Mueoseul?” she said and gasp for air to breath.

Kyuhyun stared at her beautiful eyes that seemed like forever when he finally speaks.

“I love you.” was all he said.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N): Here is the third part: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/455729