ONE

Birthday gift

 

~I realized that I like Zelo three years ago. I really wanted to tell him, hell I wanted to shout it out loud, because I thought that loving your best friend is something that some people could only dream about. However, I was too scared to loose Zelo and decided to keep my feelings to myself, another reason was that every time I tried to tell him I started with.. "Zelo, I need to-----" and I ended with "-----go to the bathroom." that caused him to think that I was sick or pregnant.
 
He stayed clueless about my feelings and I stayed holding my heart away from him. I tried clenching it inside of me, but it's not easy. This wasn't just a crush anymore, it was love,still is. That's why I was scared, I was scared that if Zelo wouldn't give me the same love back, I wouldn't be able to be next to him anymore, it would be too much. But since tomorrow is Zelo's birthday, I decided to take that risk and give him the best gift ever..
 
.. my heart.
 
It should be easy since I already know what to do, I imagined doing it many times, every word that I need and want to say will be said tomorrow, all of my feeling will be poured out and nothing can stop me. "Are you sure about this?" Daehyun, my brother, asked as we walked towards the park where we should meet BAP. "Yes, I need to do this already." I told him and he wrapped his arm around my neck, kissing my temple.
 
My brother was the first to know about my feelings for Zelo. One day, he saw me cry and when he asked why was I crying, I told him that Zelo went out on a date with a girl and that it hurts badly, I ended up spilling everything for him. "Just be careful, okay?" I smiled with a nod as we walked up to our usual place to meet. A simple bench next to the playground, under a big tree in the park. 
 
"Hey." I went to Zelo as Daehyun released me and like always he kissed my cheek. "Hi." he smiled. These kind of things that he did, killed me every day for the past three years. I felt that I was in so called friend zone when he did it. "Should we play for now? The movie will start only an hour later." Youngjae asked with a gummy smile directed to me. Yes, BAP guys knew about my plan, today and tomorrow was all planned out with them.
 
"Sure!" Jongup without waiting raced Himchan to the playground and they started playing, these guys were still little kids. "Do you want to play?" Zelo asked as he looked down. I was wearing a dress, he probably thought that it would be uncomfortable, but no. "Swings." I said with a smile and we walked there as well. Daehyun looked still worried, but I gave him a big smile and after sighing he went to Youngjae who got stuck in the slide.
 
"Sit, I will push you, like old times." Zelo said and I nodded. I sat on the swing and he slowly started pushing me forward. I swayed my legs in the air as well and a big smile grew on my face, god this felt so nice, remembering the old times when we were kids. "Do you remember the first time we met?" Zelo asked as he stopped pushing me and sat on the other swing. "We met here." I told him and he nodded with a smile.
 
"Do you remember when we fought over the swing? You wanted to sit on this one, because another kid was already sitting on that one." Zelo spoke again and I glanced at Himchan. "Yeah, you ended up pushing Himchan down and he started crying." I remembered everything and chuckled together with Zelo. "Do you remember how his mother scolded us?" he asked with wide eyes and a grin. 
 
"I guess we should thank Himchan for bringing us together." I told him and looked down at my legs. "Aren't you cold?" Zelo asked and i shook my head while stopping the swing. "Catch me." I poked Zelo's nose and ran around the playground. "Oh, you're so dead!" Zelo laughed as he chased after me. "Oppa!" I cupped Yongguk's shoulders and hid behind him. I looked from sides, but suddenly Zelo's hands were already on my waist.
 
"Got you." Zelo said and I tried moving. "This is so awkward." Yongguk spoke as he was squeezed between me and Zelo. Well of course, Zelo didn't bother himself by chasing me around, he just simply hugged Yongguk and ended up squeezing me to Yongguk's back as well. "Actually, I can't breath." I laughed into Yongguk's back and Zelo quickly released me and Yongguk. "You're so lazy!" I laughed again as I flicked his forehead.
 
"Don't run away from me then." he flicked my forehead back and I wrinkled my nose with a pout. "It hurts." I muttered and started walking away towards Daehyun, just to . "AH, SORRY!" Zelo shouted as he ran and hugged me from behind. "I'm very very very very very very very sorry."he whispered as he started tickling me. "Puaahahh ... please, oppa!!! aH!" my eyes shot wide open as I tripped over a rock.
 
I again shut my eyes and waited for my face to meet the solid ground, but nothing happened for awhile. I opened my eyes slightly, but then fully as I saw Zelo's face right in front of me. Wasn't he behind me? "Oppa." I called out as I stared at his wide eyes, he just froze. "Did you spin me around?" I asked and he nodded. Then I realized what was the situation. I was on top of Zelo.
 
"Omo!" I placed my hands on his chest, making my palms burn and stood myself up. "Hey, what happened?" Himchan ran to Daehyun and helped him to stand up. "I almost fell, but Daehyun spun me around and landed on his back instead." I said and worriedly looked at Zelo. "I'm okay, I'm okay." He said as Youngjae dusted his back. "Let's go to see that movie." He smiled at me.
 
"You're okay?" Daehyun came to me as we started walking. "Yeah. I don't know what happened.. I mean Zelo was frozen." I whispered so that Zelo and the rest of the guys wouldn't hear. Daehyun let out a 'hhmm' and fixed my bags that was messily covering my forehead. "Maybe he was startled, that's it." I nodded and soon enough we were in the mall, where the movie theater was.
 
"I'll go buy the tickets and snacks." I looked at the guys who were giving me signs and I took a deep breath. "Actually.." I pulled Zelo back by his arm and he looked at me confused. "Can you not go to the movie.. with me? I need your help for something." I asked him and he blinked a couple of times before he pouted. "Sure, we can see it any other day." Zelo said and I looked at the guys.
 
"You go." I told them and started walking alone with Zelo. I looked behind my shoulder where guys were giving me thumbs up. I waved them off with a frown and that made Zelo look at me. "Oh no, it's nothing." I laughed awkwardly and gulped hardly. "So what help do you need?" Zelo asked and I turned to look at him, we didn't stop walking through the mall, though. "I need you to be my wing man." I said and then he stopped in his track, making me stop as well.
 
"What?" he asked in disbelief. "I said I need you to be my--" "No,no I heard. I just---what?" he asked again and I bit my lower lip from inside. "Tomorrow... I-I'm going on a date. You know that I have never been on a date, so I need your help since you have been on dates." I explained, but his confused expression didn't change, only his brows twitched a little. "A date?" he spoke coldly and I blinked rapidly while nodding.
 
"With who?" he asked and resumed walking. I walked next to him with pout and spoke. "Just a guy from school who asked me out. I really like him." he turned to me with a scoff. "Since when are you keeping secrets from me? Why haven't you talked about him?" he asked and I could see that his teeth clenched. "Are you angry that I didn't tell you?" I asked, hoping that he would say that he's actually jealous or something.
 
But of course that didn't came out of his mouth. "I'm more angry that you're going out with him on my birthday, why tomorrow?" he asked and I stopped breathing for a moment. "I will be there tomorrow, I will just leave earlier. I would never miss your birthday, oppa." I assured him and he sighed. "What do you want me to do?" I grinned as he gave in and linked arms with him. "Shopping!" I cheered and dragged him to one of the shops.
 
 
 
~~~~~
 
"This or this?" I held up a blue and a red dress next to my sides as I stood in front of the mirror. "Why do you need a new dress? Just go with the one you're wearing." Zelo stood behind me and looked me in the eyes through the mirror. "It's, It's my first date, I want to look pretty." I told him and he sighed. "The red one." he said and I frowned. "Really?" I raised a brow and looked at the dresses, the blue one was way prettier. "You said you needed a wing man, I'm telling you the red one is better." Zelo said coldly and I nodded.
 
If that's what he likes.
 
Then we went to the shoes section. "Heels?" I asked as I held up black heels and he scoffed. "You have never worn heels in your life, do you want to fall when you greet h----yes, go with the heels." he suddenly grinned and I narrowed my eyes. "Do you want that my date would be a disaster? You want me to fall?" I asked and he shook his head with a smirk. "I just think that heels would look nice." he said with a smirk. "Okay then." I sighed and put the heels together with the dress. Next was accessories.
 
"What about this one?" Zelo was looking at some ugly pins, but I spotted a really nice black bow and placed it on my head while turning to Zelo. "It's nice, but.." he walked up to me and held up a butterfly, it was big and not pretty at all. "Don't you like this better?" he asked and I raised a brow. "I will just go without anything in my hair." I gave him an awkward smile before I took the butterfly and placed it on the counter together with the bow. "What else do I need?" I wondered out loud and saw Zelo looking at the bracelets.
 
"Oh, right!" I exclaimed and observed all of the bracelets with a grin. I spotted a couple bracelets and wanted to ask Zelo again, but I figured that he would again choose something ugly so I just sighed with a pout and started walking away. "Wait, why are you upset?" Zelo held my hand as he pulled me back. "I didn't know that you have such a bad taste, oppa." I said as I looked up at him with disappointed eyes. I didn't wanted to look ugly tomorrow when I confess. "Fine." Zelo muttered before he turned to the bracelets.
 
"These, give these bracelets." I looked where he pointed for the cashier and smiled. That was the same bracelets that I liked. "Are you buying these for your girlfriend?" a lady asked, my and Zelo's eyes widened. "Ah, we're not a couple." I shook my hand away from Zelo's as the lady chuckled. "But you look so cute together." she said and I blushed. Zelo quickly paid for the bracelets and walked out of the store. "Thank you." I bowed after I took the bracelets and followed him out.
 
"Let's just call it a day, okay?" I asked him as I saw him getting frustrated and he nodded. I smiled and was about to walk, but he grabbed my hand once again and spun me around. "Wait." he took a deep breath. "Do you know what happens at the end of the date?" he asked and I gulped. "Ah.. k-kiss." I shuttered and he nodded. "So you're just going to give your first kiss to some guy who I don't even know, huh?" he chuckled bitterly.
 
"O-oppa, is everything okay?" I asked him. "Great, everything's just great. Listen, I need to go, don't be late tomorrow, okay?" he kissed my cheek and after turning around, he walked away, leaving me dumbfounded and confused. I didn't know if he was just feeling protective over me like a friend, or was he jealous over me like a guy. I guess, we would know tomorrow.
 
 
But tomorrow came soon and I was nervously running around my room, already wearing the dress and heels that I bought with Zelo yesterday. "Caressa?" Daehyun came inside of my room with a worried expression and I smiled at him. "Yes?" I fixed my hair in front of the mirror and he sighed. "You're overdoing this." he said and I looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked him and he sighed. "Heels, make up.. It's not you, Zelo would like you the way you are." my brother said.
 
"I just want to be pretty tonight." I said as I placed my palms on the desk. "I know, I know." Daehyun hugged me as he my hair and my back. "I really want him to accept my feelings and my heart. I don't know what I will do if he won't." I spoke and Daehyun nodded, breaking the hug. He cupped my cheeks and smiled at me. "Don't worry and just do it, okay? I will be next to your side if you need me." He said and I smiled back. 
 
"Thanks, oppa." he sighed with the same smile before leaving my room. I went back to preparing myself since the party at Zelo's house starts at 7 and now it was 6:30, we will be leaving in 10 minutes. I still can't believe that this is happening and I will finally tell Zelo that I don't like him only as a friend. I will tell him that I like like him. I will tell him that I love him, that I have loved him for the past three years.

Wow, chap 1. Please comment and subscribe  ^^