1: Some Assembly Required [icepacks are not included…-]

Some Assembly Required

 

 

BANG!!!

 

“Ow!!! Son of a…- stupid hammer!!!”

 

You recognized that [pained] voice the moment you had entered your apartment bedroom. You had just got back from your job at a local café. A good showering and a late night snack would do before heading off to bed but…-

 

“Yong, please explain to me why the floor of my bedroom is looking like a complete Santa’s workshop?” You asked quite calmly, noticing that Yonghwa was nursing a sore thumb while seated comfortably on the front of your bed.

“Oh… ~~~~~- um, hi. I didn’t expect you to be back from work so soon.”

“I was gone for three hours,” You simply stated before focusing your attention to an instruction manual, which was on top of your desk, “I don’t even know to why you bothered to open the package from my mom.”

 

Sure enough from grasping onto the title of ‘Baby Crib’, surprise was in the air. Yonghwa could only rub the back of his neck sheepishly when he saw the expression that ran across your face.

 

“Sorry,” He apologized, “ Minhyuk and Jungshin were here earlier. But they opened the box before I could stop them.”

“It’s alright.”

 

You couldn’t place the blame on your boyfriend. The mess on your bedroom floor needed to be cleaned up for now.

 

“~~~~~?”

“Hmm, yes what is it?”

“About the crib, what are you going to do with it?”

“I’ll send it back to my mom. Sheesh, I don’t even know to what she was thinking when she decided to send the crib.”

“~~~~~, may be you should just keep it.”

 

Oh. My. God. Was the presence of the unassembled baby crib affecting him?!?

 

“Yong, if your thinking of trying to assemble the baby crib, I think I should ask someone else.”

“What’s wrong with me at trying to assemble the baby crib?” He pouted.

“I’m sorry to say that I can’t trust you in assembling this baby crib,” You smirked, “Besides you don’t need a hammer to finish the job. Did you even read the instruction manual?”

“Err…maybe.”

 

You chuckled towards your boyfriend’s innocent expression. Sure enough when it came down to assembling furniture, Yonghwa was not a genius in the department. But truthfully you loved him for who he was.