Love's Melody VIII - My Little Princess

Love's Melody VIII - My Little Princess

 

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you

 

Every princess needs a prince by her side and shares all the precious memories that only belong to the two of them. This is a story about an average girl and her special “prince”.

Can you still remember the first time you kissed? That time he pretended to be your boyfriend? Although you knew that he was only pretending but you felt the sweet, happiness that only exist between lovers.

Deep down inside, you knew that both of you loves each other but neither one of you can afford to break the silence.

 

In the beginning, you were a street vendor while he was a rookie patrol man. While the rest of his team searched for the illegal vendors he pretended not to see the person hiding behind the dumpster. Your first encounter was not a pleasant one; you went home that day without any money, any merchandise but you couldn’t get the image of his smile out of your head.

 

He became your knight in shinning armor and your protector. When he found out that you like to draw, he even helped you get a job at his friend’s studio.

He knew that you are a princess made of “lies” but he didn’t burst your bubble in front of everyone. Even when all of your so-called friends found out the truth, he was still your lucky prince and continued to help your fulfill your dream.

Because he knew you were lonely and he wanted to protect you.

 

His name is Lee Donghae, you said to your best friend. but he is not to you, you added quietly.

“Fishy” was your msn buddy, your best friend and the person that has been by your side since your parents got  divorced.

Although you have never met “Fishy” was you’re your prince online. When you are happy, you shared with him. When you are sad, he comforted and supported you.

Yet you didn’t know that your real lucky prince and “fake” lucky prince were both him; the prince that loved you from the bottom of his heart.

He couldn’t protect you openly because he knew that he is a police and you, the daughter of a mafia boss.

No matter how much he loves you, the two of you would never be.

So he used a make believe character, “Fishy”, to be the prince in your life.

When he is around you, he is always careful and happy because he didn’t want you to worry about him. Many times you argued with him because you wanted to know more about him. He always laughed casually and didn’t want to go into more detail; all because he didn’t want to hurt you.

 Until the day he got the assignment to go undercover.

You lost all connection with him and days felt like years.

When you saw him again, he was working for your father.

His cruelness broke your heart and his cold words cut like knives.

You overheard your dad offering him a high position if he agree to date you. When he simply said no, life was out of your body.

He didn’t want to see you hurt in the end; so he said he had never liked you. Love is just a game.

When he watched you run away, covered in tears, can you felt the torture he was feeling inside.

 

Finally you graduated and you will be publishing your first comic book.

At the book signing, you waited but he didn’t come.

You left him a message and asked him to meet you at “the tree”.

But he didn’t come either because he knew short-term pain is better than long term pain.

For two hours he watched you from a far and he couldn’t move his feet. It started to rain and your clothes were soaked. He couldn’t stand to see you that way so he brought you an umbrella.

He wanted to be by your side, to hold the umbrella for you and to dry your tears but he couldn’t.

So instead, he left the umbrella next to your “tree”.

 

My little princess did you know that your prince is not cruel. He just loves you too much.