Chapter 1

Lucky to be in love with someone like you

Chapter 1

  October 2012

Maffy’s POV

“Okay, you’re going to live there for a week. Are you sure you can survive?” My dad said with a worried face. Well actually here we are at the airport because I have to take an exam at Seoul. OMG can you even believe it? Because of this exam, it’s like one of my dreams coming true! “Of course dad. I’ll be fine, trust me, okay?” I smiled at him and hugged him really tight. “Thanks dad” “What are you thanking me for?” He broke our little moment there and looked at me like he doesn’t know everything. “For everything. I mean, even thought we’re really not that very rich, you still made everything possible. So thank you” I gave him the sweetest smile I could give and again, hugged him really tight so he won’t see my eyes tearing. “Hey best friend” Okay, guys are getting more prone on being the ‘Moment poopper’. “Oh, hey!” I greeted him and start to do our secret handshake. Oh by the way, he’s my best friend, Spencer. I’ve known him just last year when we were in Junior high school. Yeah, we pretty got along well back then. Some good times, I supposed.

 

“Congratulations young lady. You just made one of your dreams come true. But, you’re not going to live there, okay? No. You’re coming back home, here.” He said pointing at the ground. “At the airport? I have to go back home, here at the airport?” And then suddenly felt a smack at my forehead. “No you dummy. Seriously you should stop doing that during serious times” “*laughs* Okay. So guys! I better get going now. My flight’s in about an hour. You young man, you shouldn’t fight with your girlfriend in 1 week okay? You have no one to let out your feelings to” I pointed at him as if I’m old lady. You see, that’s why people tease me, sometimes. But not when Spencer is around of course. “Okay baby. Take care okay? You’re sister will probably meet you inside. Because of the policy, we can’t come inside with you. Take care. Don’t forget call me once you got there” “International calls are expensive” “Well I don’t care. There’s no expensive when checking if you’re alright” That’s my dad~ “I really need to go inside now. I’m going to miss you guys even thought I’ll be gone for only a week” I gave everyone a hug. My aunt, uncle, little cousin, little sister, my older cousin and her daughter, my grandma, my dad and of course, my best friend. I keep on looking back at them as I enter the airport. I waved good bye at them until they finally disappear in my sight.


As I walked down the hallway, I feel like I’m a model xD Well you can’t blame me, the hallway was totally big and no one can interrupt my walking “Hey Maffy Salcedo!” okay, forget the thoughts of no one interrupting me. “Ate! (Eonni!)” I ran to her and hugged her. This is my older sister Angel. She’s actually a Flight Attendant so she’s free to come in and out the airport. “Have you checked all of your things? Did you bring all the things you needed?” “Yes ate I did” “What time’s your flight by the way?” That’s my sister. Her attitude is never from my father. Really caring. That’s why I’m lucky to have them. “In about an hour.” “Oh. I really wish I could accompany you but I still have a flight to Cebu city. I’m sorry” She said in dismay.  “It’s okay ate. I can manage myself.” “Okay then. Take care okay? There’s Skype when you need to contact us” I nodded and kissed her cheek. She wave good bye and went running. Man how could she manage running in heels. That could’ve hurt.

 

Since I’m waiting for my flight, I started to look for a place to eat ‘because seriously I’m starving. After I grab a burger, I went to the waiting area to wait for my cue. I look at the time and there’s 15 minutes left before the flight. And then suddenly my phone rang. It’s Spencer calling. “Hello~~” I answered. Oh my gee I miss him already. “I miss you best friend” “Awww… I miss you too. I want to hug you!” “Okay then here it is!!!” I pretended that I got the hug and gave him the same back. “So, what are you doing at the moment?” “Eating” I can imagine him shaking his head with his sweet smile. “Well, I called because I just want to check up on you” “Liar. You called because you careeee~~~” “*laughs* Okay fine you got me. Well, even though I want to stay and chat with you for so long. I still have to do something. You know, my mom” he grunted. LOL lazy boy. “Haha ok. Don’t be a headache AGAIN to auntie, okay?” “Okay~~ See you soon! Bring many things for me when you get back ok?” “Good byeeee~” Then I hung up. Oh my gee I can’t take the smile off of my face again. Gosh, okay, I admit it. I have feelings for him. But I doubt he feel the same way. I mean, even though he and girlfriend often fight, I can tell he still love her. I mean, they’ll broke up and then reunite again and go with the same pace again and again. *sigh* well, there’s nothing I can do about that. I’m just his best friend right? ‘Calling all the passengers of Flight SKR1004’ well, that’s my cue. Good bye Philippines. See you soon!


After the long flight, I finally arrived here at the Incheon airport! Oh my gee, my sister is totally right, it is indeed the best airport ever. I mean, it’s really clean and all the people here seem to be disciplined. Instead of admiring the place, I realized that I have to go to the departure area now. I went through the doors and there are only a few people there. Why do I feel tired? Oh look there’s a bench. I sat down and took my phone out. I turned it on and walah! Someone is calling. Oh it’s dad! “DADDY!” “How are you baby? You answered means you have arrived there.” “Yeah dad. I have arrived safe and sound. And now I’m about to go out now and hail a cab” “Okay, be safe” “I will, bye” That was easy. A cab stopped in front of me. The cab driver went out and helped me to put my luggage at the trunk. I told the driver where I would go.

South Korea is indeed a beautiful place. I just can’t believe this is real. I think I’m dreaming but I’m not, right? *sigh* I hope this 1 week stay here will turn out great. I also can’t wait to see my favorite idols. Especially Super Junior! Yep, that’s right. I’m an ELF, their Everlasting Fan :D


 

First chapter is up!

So how was it?

OMG TELL ME! TELL ME! TELL ME! TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if it's short or boring.

I just got writer's block and I have some place to go to.

Well,

Thanks for reading ! :D