Chapter 1: Prologue

10 Steps to Becoming Perfect for You

 

Chapter 1

    The pink door opened and closed, a ragged breath struggling to become even again. A bump was seen under the mint colored blanket and Daehyun softened at the sight.

    “Come on,” Daehyun said, sitting on the edge of the blanket,”your eyes are gonna be red and swollen, then no one will marry you.”

    He received a sniffle as a response and he pulled the blanket off of his broken best friend.

    “You don’t understand, Daehyun,” Hana sniffled, ready to burst into another round of tears,”he asked me out and just a week after he changes so much that he says I’m a pest.”

    Hana cried again, covering her face with her palms as Daehyun sighed, taking her hands off of her eyes. She looked at him with glossy eyes, tears still streaming down her face.

    Daehyun wiped her tears away with his thumbs,”He’s not worth bawling over. After all, those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. Sure, you’re stubborn and it’s annoying sometimes, but you’re an adorable annoyance. Who doesn’t love an adorable annoyance, right?”

    Hana let out a soft chuckle and Daehyun pulled her into a warm embrace.

    “So,” Daehyun murmured affectionately into her light brown hair,”head up, princess. Your tiara’s falling.”

    Hana laughed, wiping the remainder of her tears on Daehyun’s gray v-neck,”Shut up, I’m not a princess.”

    Daehyun smiled, rubbing soothing circles on her back,”In my eyes, you are.”

    Hana couldn’t help but flush in content at his words as she circles her arms around him,”Then you’re a prince.”

    He grinned and placed a kiss on her forehead,”Your prince.”

 

    Daehyun sleazily grinned at the girl he had his arm around, a girl he didn’t know the name of, and planted a kiss on her temple. His friends shook their heads at his behavior and looked away, disgusted.

    Hana looked down at her tray, picking at her food with a lost appetite. The students around her looked at her worriedly, but not daring to say a thing. A classmate worked up enough courage to ask her if she was alright, but she replied to him with a soft smile.

    Daehyun watched Hana not speak to the others around her and he frowned. Why won’t you talk to anyone?

    Hana looked up and reassured everyone with a lie. Why did you change so much, Daehyun?

    Hana shifted her gaze and met eyes with Daehyun as sorrow filled both of them. Why are you so different?

-----

A/N: Wow this is a short chapter omfg I swear it was longer when I wrote it on paper LOL.