"I like you." Part 2

Drabbles

***

That night, after a greatly anticipated feast held in the studio room, all seventeen fatigued bodies retired to their dorm. A happy stomach for each compensated somewhat for the tenderness of their muscles and the aching in their bones. 

"Did you have fun today, Hansolo?" Jisoo, or formerly known by Joshua, inquired as he slung his arm around Hansol's shoulders. Wearily, the latter replied, "I'm just tired and ready to go to bed." He yawned.

"Aren't we all." Jisoo mumbled, and pulled Hansol further into his side, placing a chaste kiss just above the latter's temple. "See you in the morning." He said, then departed; the few water drops from Jisoo's slick, washed hair had slowly progressed down Hansol's cheek, and without speculation, he wiped it away with the back of his hand. It wasn't abnormal to be kissed by Jisoo. But of course, he was the only the member that would participate in exhibiting such actions intentionally. Unlike everyone else, Jisoo was well acquainted with his uality. Biual, as he calls himself; and oddly enough, this fact was rather easy to accept with the group members. Nonetheless, these acts of affection were simply acts of kindness, and nothing more.

Entering the bathroom, Hansol ran the water in the tub. Due to being the last to wash, he was allowed the benefit of a nice, warm bath. It was already 12:30, but he figured this was worth the wait.

After clensing and drying himself off, he secured the towel around his waist and left into his room. Five other members who roomed with him were already cozied into their beds, tucked tightly under their sheets and fast asleep—all except one who sat in an upright position against the wall at the head of his bunk. Mingyu was steadily watching; cheeks crimson red as eyes indulged in the gratifying privilege of witnessing a half- Hansol—nevertheless, he eventually had to turn away; fearful that he would be caught.

"Were you taking a bath?" The words spilled from his lips almost involuntarily. Before Mingyu could even think to clamp his hand over his mouth, Hansol was already turned around, spooked from the abrupt voice in the midst of a room he thought to be completely lifeless at this time of night.

"Mingyu?" Hansol questioned with uncertainty. "You scared the crap out of me." He almost laughed, then remembered the other members who were asleep and kept quiet.

"Sorry." Mingyu did laugh, however. Except, it was more of a soft chuckle; a brief moment of light-heartedness that, to Hansol's bewilderment, brought him a sort of unexpected amenity—that was, until Mingyu stepped forth, leaving barely but a few inches of distance between their bodies. Suddenly, being almost entirely exposed in front of one of s became aware to him in a way that had never been before. Suddenly, he felt self-conscious; timidly wrapping his arms around himself as if all those times that he had been bare before, was now something to be modest about. 

"You okay?" Mingyu asked, lifting a questioning brow at the unorthodox actions of the latter. "Yeah, I'm fine." Hansol stuttered. "You're just standing too close and I need to get dressed."

"Oh .. sorry." He chuckled awkwardly, then took a step back and sat down on the edge of Hansol's bed. Lifting his legs onto the bed, he laid his back down and relaxed his head against the pillow. As Hansol began to redress, he would give the occasional look from his peripheral, wary of the fact that Mingyu could easily sneak a glance as easily as he could lift a spoon—not that he would look anyways ... Or at least, the idea that he wouldn't served to alleviate, to some extent, the erratic heartbeat, beating within Hansol's young chest. 

What was this feeling?

"Hansol .. can I sleep in your bed with you tonight?" The elder asked, but his gaze had not wavered from the bottom of the top bunk above. Hand lifted; deft fingers barely the clean, smooth wood. 

"Why?" The latter questioned in return; curiosity lifting the inner corners of thin brows that hung over eyes filled with uncertainty, and undeniable elatedness that was unknown, until this very moment. Nevertheless, he did not bother to ponder reasons or rationalize every possible conclusion.

"I don't know..." Mingyu shrugged. "Your bed is comfier." Lie. A simple cover-up to hide his true incentive.

Closeness. That's all he needed .. that's all he wanted.

"Um .. well, okay then."

Mingyu looked at the latter in surprise. Yes, they've slept in the same bed together before, but for some reason—for that very same reason both hearts were frantically beating in their chests, as if both had foreseen the events about to follow, as if both could feel the difference in the other, could witness the anticipation in either's steadfast gazes—this time was entirely incomparable.

Mingyu wasn't expecting Hansol to be this easily persuaded—then again, he was sure Hansol was quite uninformed of his objective, therefore he wasn't truly persuading the latter to do anything.

Having slid under the covers next to the Mingyu, Hansol rolled over with his back faced to him and pulled the covers up to his shoulder. A moment of awkward silence, on both boy's parts, passed between them for a short while, then Mingyu made the first move. Tentively, he brought his arm over Hansol's waist beneath the covers, scooted himself a little closer, then pulled Hansol further to him, replacing the diminutive gap once between them.

Hansol's breath momentarily hitched; words choked in his throat before stumbling out in stutters. "W-what are you doing?" He inquired, and turned his head half-way around to search for his answer, if possible, in there expression of Mingyu's face. But this position had not favored such a purpose; Mingyu was practically bolting the latter down against himdid he know he would try to turn over, or perchance, remove himself from the elder's arm, and then the bed too?

"Hansol... it's about time I tell you something I've been wanting to tell you all along..." He began, pausing for (in Hansol's opinion) a way too long time; the anticipation was slowly eating him alive. "I ... I like you .. I've liked you for as long- .. for as long as I can remember." And there it was. The confession that Mingyu kept dormant for months, 6 excruciating months of having to stand by and watch as other's would flirt with Hansol. 

His Hansolo.

His Mr. Headphones.

His- ... not truly his own. Not .. yet.

"... Is that why you made me jealous?" Hansol asked. Surprised, as well as completely and utterly confused, Mingyu was at a loss of words. "All those times..." he continued, having taken note of Mingyu's inability to form words at the moment. However, he didn't anticipate for such a shock ... Perhaps he should've been more transparent with his feelings—but fear of that feeling being unshared buried his confidence 6 ft under. "You and Wonwoo hyung... I figured since you guys were so close, you liked him .. instead of me."

"Hansol .. I do like Wonwoo, but not in the way you think .. or thought I did." Giving him a little squeeze of reassurance, Mingyu then whispered in Hansol's ear, "I like you."  Suddenly, with his lips so close to his ear; his warm breath ... Hansol was already past far gone. The possibility of peering gazes, or listening ears had ceased to seem of any consequence. From that moment forward, lips that had never indulged in the pleasure of meeting the lips of one so sweet and velvety soft, met in a passionate kiss. 

"I like you too..." The latter replied from beneath Mingyu, hands clasped behind the elder's neck as both gazed deeply into each other's eyes with mutual adoration. Overwhelmed with joy, Mingyu couldn't seem to hold in his content any longer—as if five seconds were too long—and kissed Hansol with such longing, it was almost breath-taking ... literally.

This, without a doubt, was going to be a risk to almost everything they had worked hard to achieve, but as for tonight ... they would have no regrets.


sorry for the crappy ending. ;-; i couldn't stop typing away, so i had to end it here. hope you don't mind. 

and ... SUBSCRIBE 8D