Best Friend

Best Friend

 

 
The atmosphere and aura around him really caused me to tense up. He headed to prepare for the concert with that straight face. Something was not right.
 
 Before he could walk any further, I caught hold of him.
 
"Doojoon Oppa, are you okay?"
 
He nodded his head. I could tell. He was lying.
 
"Don't you dare lie to me." I warned.
 
He lifted his head to look up at me. "I'm fine." he insisted, removing his hand from my grasp. I felt angry, at myself, for not being able to get the truth out of him. Babo, didn't you say, I was your best friend forever? What is this suppose to mean, for not telling me anything...
 
Pretending like nothing happened, I joined back with my other trainee friends to watch our seniors' concert on the monitors backstage. Each performance passed just fine, then it finally took a toll on him.
 
'When The Door Closes.' 
 
He finally could not take it.
 
Screams of concern could be heard from the fans as they start to panic, seeing the leader of Beast, shedding tears all of sudden. I panicked too, deep inside. I frowned at the scene. I watched as he could not continue the song, choking on his tears as he tried to hold them back. My heart ached, really badly.
 
"Uljima! Uljima! Uljima! ~" the fans chanted as the song came to an end.
 
Without hesitation, I ran to the area I knew he would be coming down from. I glared at him. I want the truth. He looked back at me.
 
"What."
"Tell me what is going on."
"Nothing happened. What's there to say?"
 
There were still some time before his next performance as it was time for the other members to perform their duets and solos. I trailed behind him as he went away from eyes of the staff and everybody else backstage.
 
"Would you just leave me alone?!" he suddenly turned to shout at me, knowing that I had tailed behind. He panted, letting those tears that he had been holding back fall freely. I may have seen him cry, many times. But never this badly.
 
"Is this what you do? Pushing your so-called best friend away when she is trying to find out what happened, or at least want to stay by your side? TO YOU, do you think best friends are people you push away at all?!" I reprimanded, hoping he would let me stay after all these.
 
He sniffled. "Sorry." he apologised.
 
I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth before walking up to him from behind. I did not want to question further, I was just waiting for him to speak his mind.
 
"She... broke up with me." he finally admitted.
 
Right. No wonder. He once told me that he had the inspiration to write 'When The Door Closes' was because of their previous break up.
 
"I thought, this time round, she would stay..." he gritted his teeth in tears.
 
My mood sank according to his. I never felt good when he was feeling down, and I never failed to cheer up when he smiles. It's like, we were bonded in a way.
 
"Don't cry." I placed my hand slowly on his shoulder, "Your fans don't want to see you cry, Doojoon-ah." I reminded. His fans meant a lot to him as well, sometimes not losing to that girl, so I used them to try and urge him.
 
"She isn't worth it anyway." I said sternly, trying to get it into his head. For a girl who had dumped him during secondary school, and to come back after knowing that he was famous, and then dumping him again. Does she even love him or not? I won't be convinced even if the answer was yes.
 
"She's the worst." I murmured out of anger.
 
I could feel Doojoon glaring down at me. "Don't ever say that of her." he smirked, "You like me, don't you?" he intimidated.
 
"What?"
 
"Or else you would not be this angry. _____ , even if you like me, I will never like you. Don't think just because you speak ill of her, means you are any better than her."
 
"What is wrong with you?" I squinted my eyes at him, feeling extremely confused.
 
"Stop interfering with my life." 
 
I was stumped by his words, stunned too. I held back my anger as I felt him walking back to the backstage to get ready.
 
A few minutes later, I headed back in and everyone looked at me.
 
"What happened to Doojoon?" they all asked, concerned. I shrugged then shook my head. "He wouldn't tell me." I lied. Heading back to the monitor, I continued observing.
 
'Clenching A Fist Tight'
 
He.. shedded tears again, this time, really trying to hold it back.
 
This is it. That idiot. I bit my lips in frustration, trying to calm myself down and waited for the concert to end. It was a miracle he could pull through the encore and fanserviced like nothing happened. But then again, fans had this other power over him, other than that girl.
 
 
After everything settled down, I went back to my dorm with my trainee members. I was fuming inside knowing that Doojoon didn't need my interference in anything, at all. Fine. I shall not care. So much for a best friend.
 
I had decided to head to bed early, or else I would just get even more angry thinking about the matter. After brushing my teeth, taking a bath and changing into a fresh piece of comfortable clothing, I hit my bed without a second thought. My members found it weird, for I had been 'nocturnal' most of the time, even if there is nothing important for me to complete, I would be on my laptop, simply surfing the net.
 
I was almost asleep when Taeyu, my team's maknae, woke me up.
 
"U-Unnie..."
 
My eyes tiredly fluttered open as I gave her a frustrated look. "What is it?"
 
"Leader Oppa is looking for you. He is at the door."
 
Leader Oppa. None other than Yoon Doojoon. 
 
"Tell him I'm asleep."
 
"I told him that. But he wants me to wake you up..."
 
The hell is wrong with this guy. First telling me off and pushing me away, now forcing me to see him. His head must be off the screw somewhere. I reluctantly pushed myself out of bed and roughly fixed my messy locks before heading to the door.
 
"How may I help you?" I said the moment I met in gaze with him. I saw him held up a can of beer as he gave me a look. The 'Drink-with-me?' look.
 
I gritted my teeth and took the can from his hand. Turning to my members inside the house, I told them I would be leaving the dorm to chat with Doojoon.
 
We headed to our usual chatting area, the rooftop. 
 
I took a sit on the usual bench, then he sat next to me.
 
"Cheers?" he said, raising his eyebrows innocently. I looked at him, then bumped my can of beer with his.
 
"You feeling better?" I asked, my gaze on the beautiful night sky, my tone, calm as ever.
 
"Ne." he turned to me, "Mianhanmida." he apologised.
 
I shook it off. To be honest, we were best friends. There was no need to apologise. I knew very well he was in a bad mood.
 
"Yah..." he called out, so I turned to look at him. "What?" I asked. I saw him gulped, then he leaned closer to me. He held on to my chin, then kissed me. I allowed him to, even when I saw it coming. I closed my eyes unknowingly, giving in to him. I got to admit though, we were both already a little off the right state of mind. The tipsy feeling had gotten to me and Doojoon, if I was not wrong.
 
He broke the kiss, making me open my eyes. Our gaze met.
 
"Even if you don't like me, I have a request. Please... like me..." he said, "I really need you..."
 
I blinked at his 'request', then smiled. "I will always be here if you need me Doojoon-ah..."
 
Masculine arms wrapped around me as he clutched me close to his body.
 
My eyes widen at the motion, I could almost hear and feel his heartbeat. I heard sniffles. He was definitely crying.
 
 
 
"Cry if you must. I'll be here..."
 
 
 
A/N: Heyya ! So I have decided to post this short story here . Hope you guys like it ! ^^