.:1:.

.:Fading Away:.

Neither of them bothered to knock on the door when they arrived at JaeJoong’s home. Junsu simply unlocked the door, and they let themselves in. Normally, they wouldn’t do this since it was rather rude, but at this point, they didn’t care. What mattered was finding out if their group-mate was alright. But, from the mixed sounds of retching and pained whimpers that were coming from the bathroom, it was quite clear that he was anything but alright. Yoochun and Junsu shared a look for a moment, and Junsu quietly closed the door as Yoochun went to find JaeJoong and try to talk to him.

JaeJoong’s home looked like a tornado had torn through it. Clothes draped on everything, dirty dishes in a majority of whatever open space there was for setting things, including the floor in the studio. Junsu would have started to clean up for his friend, but Yoochun calling him from the bathroom put that idea to rest. He frowned slightly as he went down the hall, peering into the bathroom almost hesitantly. Both of his Hyungs were on the bathroom floor, JaeJoong in Yoochun’s arms, half passed-out with spots of blood staining his off-white shirt. In actuality, there was blood in quite a few places – it was nowhere near limited to JaeJoong’s person. The retching that they had heard when they came in had definitely been JaeJoong throwing up blood, if nothing else.

“Yah, Junsu!” The youngest blinked, shaking his head a little. He hadn’t realized that he’d been staring, let alone that he’d sort of drifted into his own world. “S-sorry…” he mumbles, and Yoochun shakes his head. “Don’t worry about it. Just help me carry him.” Junsu gives a nod to this, bending down and taking JaeJoong’s legs as Yoochun moves to get to his feet and take most of the eldest’s weight. The two carry the now completely passed-out singer to his room and, after a bit of rearranging of things that are on his bed – really Junsu was just pushing everything on to the floor to be put away later – Yoochun carefully tucks Jae under the covers.

It only takes a single glance and a nod to decide who was going to clean and who was going to keep watch over the eldest. It’s Junsu who leaves the room, shutting the door halfway behind himself as he goes to start gathering dishes and laundry. Yoochun sighs a little, brushing stray hairs out of his best friend’s face. JaeJoong’s skin is a sickly white-ish color, so translucent and pale that Yoochun can see veins where normally he wouldn’t. Quite frankly, it’s concerning. Frightening, even. Why had Jae not called either of them? Then again, knowing him, he had probably figured he’d just get better with time, and there was nothing to worry about. Obviously, JaeJoong had been very wrong, considering the condition he was in.

If Yoochun really thought about it, JaeJoong had always been like this. Stubborn, silent about his problems. They should have known, to tell the truth. Should have easily figured out that something was wrong. And yet, they hadn't. How stupid of them. Passing time by humming softly to himself, Yoochun keeps quiet watch over their leader. Two hours pass before Junsu finally makes it to JaeJoong's room, offering a small smile to Yoochun.

"Almost all clean, just this and the bathroom left..."

"...that was quick..."

"I grew up with Junho, Yoochun. I had to be quick if I wanted to keep my half of our room any sort of clean for any period of time."

Yoochun gives no real response, just a quiet chuckle. He'd met Junho once. He was just as messy as Junsu made him out to be. Getting up, Yoochun helps with the quiet cleaning of JaeJoong's room, constantly glancing at the eldest as they worked. He couldn't stay here, could he? A hospital was most likely preferred, if there was anything that could be done. For some reason, however, there's a feeling in the bottom of his stomach that says this won't turn out well. Not well at all.

The rest of the night is spent by Junsu completing his cleaning by bleaching the bloodstains out of all the porcelin in the bathroom, and the two younger men staying in JaeJoong's room to keep an eye on him.

Dawn comes, as dawn does.

JaeJoong, however, does not wake with the sun like he used to. While Yoochun and Junsu are up, about, and working on breakfast, he remains asleep, oblivious even to the sunlight falling in his face. The smell of food rouses him a little, but the end result is the eldest turning over slowly to fall back to sleep fully. It's after this that Yoochun makes the decision that he should at least be taken to a clinc.

Said clinic recommends he be taken immediately to the hospital.

And said hospital, after six hours of Yoochun and Junsu sitting around after JaeJoong has been admited, has no idea what's wrong. The eldest still hasn't actually woken up past a half-asleep daze since that morning.

It seems they have longer to wait.

Junsu is nearly seething with barely suppressed anger by the time the staff kicks them out because 'visiting hours are over'. That's what sets Yoochun's irritation off, but they end up leaving nonetheless. They would need sleep, and to inform their company that things were becoming more complicated than they had thought.

Another day passes.

And another.

JaeJoong finally wakes, keeps his eyes open for a little while, but he can't keep a conversation in order, and he definitely cannot handle food. They learn that the hard way when the nurse comes to attempt to get a little bit of lunch into Jae's stomach. She's unsuccessful, and has to call for help to change the sheets as well as JaeJoong's clothes. The elder's home was clean now, and it apparently was the hospital's turn to have his blood vomited onto everything. Lucky hospital, really.

More tests are run after JaeJoong passes back out. Calls made, and more waiting done.

One more day goes by.

JaeJoong has a fever, a rash on his back that the doctor describes as something similar to measles, and the vomiting of blood seems to be caused by deterioration of...some thing or an other that neither Yoochun or Junsu fully understand or remember. 

From what the hospital has found, the problem lies in some variation of hemorrhagic fever, viral in origin. They still have to narrow it down to something specific, however. At the very least, it can't be transmitted by touch.

Yoochun and Junsu spend the night in JaeJoong's room with him, against protests from the staff.