Chapter 1

untitled ouo
"Bbang~"

I spun around and there's Himchan, my best friend, running to me, flapping his arms as if he's a bird. Stupid .

My best friend whom I've known since we were in kindergarten. My best friend whom I've loved since.. I can't even remember.

"Oh, Himchan!"

We did our little secret handshake that we made when we were in the 3rd grade.

"What do you want, Himchan?"

"I'm going to an nearby cafe with the guys, wanna come with?" He smiled.

That smile, it can complete anyone's day. How can you not fall in love with a guy like him who has such a genuine smile?

"Bbang??"

I shook my head, I was staring again. Damn it. "Yeah?"

"So are you coming? Jongup is waiting outside, and the rest of the guys are at the cafe already!"

"Ah, yeah. I'm coming. Let me just get my coat."

We met with Jongup at the entrance of our school.

"Hyung, what took you so long?! It's freezing out here!"

"Bbang is in his out-of-this-world phase again."

"Whatever, hyung. Let's just go. I'm hungry okay"

Jongup walked like the damned brat that he is.

"Don't whatever me you stupid prick!" Himchan wrapped his arms around Jongup's neck as they walked all the way to the cafe.

When we arrived, Youngjae, Daehyun, Hana, and Hyosung were already there.

"Himchan! Jongup! You're at it again, stop that!" Hyosung scolded them as she signaled us to sit at their usual table.

Himchan sat beside Hyosung and I sat beside Hana.


"Where's Junhong?"

"Still at school, and he said he stilll has after-school activities"

"Poor kid.."

"So noona.." Himchan faced Hyosun who's on her laptop "How's college?"

He smiled again. Dang it, Yongguk. Stop staring.

"So far, so good. A lot different from high school though."

"You guys are seniors, right?" Hana pointed at us. "What do you guys plan on taking for college?"

"Well, I'm planning on going to a school that specializes in arts and Himchan is...."

They all looked at him. He hates this topic. He doesn't know what to do. He's not the type who plans every little thing in his life. He just wants to live his life freely.

"Himchan-ah! What do you want to do after high school?" Hyosung slightly hit Himchan's head.

"Ah, I guess wherever Yongguk goes?"

"What?"

"Well I can't imagine school without Yongguk so.."

I didn't what to say. But it sure made me happy. I want to be with Himchan even after we graduate high school. I don't know how I'm going to be if I live far away from him.

"Yongguk, can you accompany me to the counter? Hana stood up and I followed her.

She ordered sandwiches for everybody and we just stood there, waiting for our order.

"So, does Himchan know?"

"W-what? Does H-himchan know.... what??"

"Yongguk, you're too obvious okay. Your reaction just now is obvious plus the way you keep staring at him. You think Hyosung and I wouldn't know?"

"I'm his best friend and that is what I'll ever be to him. Just a best friend."

"You guys always hangout at the school's rooftop what do you even talk about?"

"Himchan and his stories. You know how he talks a lot. I probably won't even tell him. I'm scared."

"Scared of what? "

"I don't know.. Being rejected by my best friend? Being rejected by the person I love?"

"So you're fine without him.knowing?"

"Yeah, I guess.."

"And if he follows you to an arts school?"

"I'm just happy that won't be apart even after we graduate"

"Are you sure you don't want to let him know?"

I didn't answer.

All I could do was look at Himchan and sigh.

I want to tell him how I feel but I'm not sure how he's going to react. I don't even want to imagine. I just know he's going to reject me.



I just know it.