forever his.

finding a red string

/I saw you out there, Snoopy./

He sees the text and finds himself smiling that eye smile that the guys now see a lot more regularly ever since they came out with their two title tracks. He hurriedly texts back with another giant grin on his face. It takes him a minute to realize that the rest of them are staring at him with amusement, Junho doesn't get this excited over a text from anyone, anybody, or any girl. They presume it's a girl anyways.

/Well. Didn't I look handsome?/

And when his phone starts to ring to the familiar song of "Romantic Street," the guys just smirk at each other knowing quite well who their smiling emperor was texting. 

/Yes, yes you did, Big ./ 

And the man runs his fingers through his jet black hair, smiling gently at the texts that she sends him, not caring that he should really get back to practice because they still have to perform one more time for the world out there. But he just smiles all over again, texting away at his phone and pretending he doesn't hear the guys around him. Sure, they matured and whatnot, but Yoona is still a child and Junho is still a child with her.

/But you looovveeee your big Snoopy!/

There's a quick reply afterwards and he smiles, again and again, not wanting this conversation to ever end, never wanting to say goodbye to the girl who he is enamored by or the girl he's best friends with, not wanting to let her go to someone else. But when Taecyeon tells him it's time to go with a pat on the back, he sighs quickly sends his goodbyes and hopes she doesn't get the wrong idea.

/Hey, I gotta get going, I'll see you soon, Jackie Chan. Love you./

The nonchalant, indifferent Junho appears in that text and Yoona sighs, throwing her phone onto the bed before staring bleakly at the mirror in front of her. How long had it been since they played together? How long has it been since she told him she missed him? Her fingers run through her now light brown hair, she remembers the last time he was there. She was an auburn beauty, that was over two years ago, it had been two years since she actually saw him. 

Sighing, her thoughts takes control, nostalgia taking control over her body, and she sighs in exhausting, remembering everything that happened in between those two years. Two years worth of scandals, of dramas, of music videos, of singing and dancing, she sighs, her hair isn't auburn anymore. Her fingers ache to text Junho to get his over the dorm for one round of Street Fighter. 

But he's probably going to be up all night, practice until four in the morning, go off to fan meetings and he'll barely have time to text her. She leaves her phone on the bed before leaving the room with a blank look on her face. The other girls stare at her in bemusement, why would she be like that? Why would their kid be so, upset? 

*

Junho's heart sinks a little when he sees Yoona with another man, someone that isn't him. He sees her entering the company's building with who he presumes is Lee Donghae, but he smiles when he catches her eyes on him. Donghae innocently nudges her to come inside, but she stares at him, stares at the tiny figure in the distance who is looking her way. He's about to wave at her too, but Donghae notices him there, his eyebrows furrow together, and the man drags her into the building.

The look on her face causes him to smile, she actually looks happy to see him. She looks as though she might run his way and hug him. He's about to run into the company building to see her, but one of the members tell him to get back in the car, he gives one long last look before scoffing at his horrible attempt, gets back into the car and sighs. 

/I'm not blind, you do realize this, right?/

His face brightens when he reads this, she's always the type of girl who could care less. He quickly replies to her message, his brown eyes staring longingly at her building as the car zooms by into the freeways.

*

It takes Junho awhile to realize that Taecyeon invited all of SM, to the girls that he used to have petty crushes on (Jung Soojung being one of the youngest to Hyoyeon being his fake crush for Idol Army) to their come back party. So he makes his way through the people meshed into a crowd and tries to find a needle in the middle of the haystack. He makes his hello's and hi's to familiar and new faces, but he can't find her in the crowded dorm. 

Except, there's a sound coming from his room. There's buttons being pressed and groans of frustration as he gets closer to the door. 

"You'll beat me one day," he recognizes the voice to be Chansung's. He opens the door to see a familiar person in his room with an Italian. His orbs find her deer eyes, Chansung whistles to himself before he leaves, and they're stuck there in the same room, she's in a formal dress, legs hanging over his bed, a smile evident on her face. She holds up her favorite controller, the bright orange one, and gestures him to join her. 

He really should be hosting the party, he really should be, but her smile, her gestures are too much for him to deny and he sits on his bed, his palms holding a blue controller, his eyes focused on the right character to play against her stupid Chun Li. There's shouts of cheating and conspiracies and of loud ruckus that he can't help but laugh as she tries to cheat her way to winning the game. 

"You're never going to beat me!" he exclaims. The man gets closer to her, his hands running up her spine and he whispers into her ears, "Boo." The girl freaks out, throws the controller on the ground and she squeals like a kid, he chases her out of the room, into the crowded living room, she's squealing every time he gets close to catching her. There's time when she's lost amongst the sea of people and he loses her too, but he catches her, he catches her back into her room, pinned onto the ground with a smirk on his face. He wants to run his fingers through her auburn curls, catch her smile and fling her back onto her bed where they can finally be together, but the idol life doesn't work like that. 

"Hey cutie," she whispers, her wide eyes staring at his face, a small smile appears and she runs her fingers through his now dark hair. "It's been awhile since you've had this color," she continues, her eyes glazing over as her pastel nails run through his hair again and again. And there comes the nostalgia all over again, the nights where they would talk until it was three, the girl running over to his apartment with a bottle of soju and two cups, the days where he would tell her all his worries and she'd nod, holding him close to her and run her fingers through his bright red hair. The texts where she'd call him cutie and not Snoopy, those were the days. 

*

"I love you," Yoona says when they leave the apartment. And it's not to Junho anymore, and it's not to anyone really, it's to the sky above. And he watches as she continues to get drunk on the soju, her fingers reaching out for something that doesn't exist. Junho has to hold onto her when she gets on the railings and almost drunkenly falls. 

"Someone told me that before. Someone, I think it was Taecyeon. He was drunk and he told me that one day after filming," she slurs. She tilts her head back to the sky and tries to recall blurry moments of two thousand and ten. "He said that before, and I didn't believe him because he knew exactly who I loved back then," she continues, but then she stops when her eyes meet his dark and indifferent eyes. 

"I heard you're in love with someone," she whispers into his ear. She runs her fingers once again through his dark hair and her giggles become a little more ditzier, her smile becomes a little bit wider, and she bites her lips, her eyes are now dangling upon his lips. 

Gosh, he really wants to kiss her. He wants her pale chapped lips to touch his, he wants to wrap his whole body around her fragile figurine of a body, he wants to love her like she loves him. Or, he knows that she loves him or something of that sort. But he can't. And he reminds himself that he can't fall for someone like that because they all loved her at one point. Every single one of them. 

Nichkhun loved her when they were young, after Idol Army, his fingers intertwined with hers. They kissed behind the set and they kissed again before a Star Golden Bell episode, they kissed every time they saw each other. They kissed and kissed and kissed until the end of two thousand nine, or was it two thousand and ten? His memory was foggy because she left her smile pressed against the side of his mind. 

Junsu loved her when she was still in between. His eyes would linger a little longer when she looked his way on an episode of Music Bank. They stared a little, and for a minute she caught his eye, she caught his attention, she caught his everything. But she let go a minute later and from then on, Junsu couldn't stop himself from falling for a girl like Yoona, it was impossible. But Junho knew she was really looking at him, she was looking at him, waiting for him to approach her, not the other way around. 

Chansung loved her when they were afar. Ever since Idol Army, he wanted a little more than winning petty money with her. He wanted to sweep her off her feet and wish her eternal happiness with him. But she was busy being sweeped off her feet by Nichkhun, when Nichkhun wasn't looking, he took her away, he took her to the highest of highs, to the loveliest of nights, the general he used to be transformed into the perfect Prince Charming. And Junho could only watch in the background, like an extra in a movie. 

Wooyoung loved her when everything was difficult. It was a phase really, they all had a phase, and he loved her then. Wooyoung loved her when she threw away her dignity, he watched her strip away her image and he saw her in the purest of moments. Though Junho knew how little she felt, how tired she was, how empheral that love was, and he held her, held her close, his arms around her tiny body. 

Taecyeon loved her when she was taken. He loved her when he was in love with Jessica, he loved her to the point where he wanted her to be jealous of the headlines, of the rumors of the 'We Got Married,' of everything. He wanted her to be green with envy, to be what he longed to have but could never have. But by then, whether Junho knew it or not, she was incapable of love, and was enamored by one person, and one person only, him. 

"Did you love her?" she asks prying into his stupor. The male looks up from his thoughts, and he smiles. He spins her around once, smiles once again and she's in his grasps, like before, like always. 

"Who?" he asks sincerely.

"Hyoyeon," she slurs. 

He doesn't love her like he loves Yoona. It wasn't even love, Hyoyeon caught his eyes, but Yoona's eyes lingered on his even when the pairs were chosen. It was when he was young, he didn't have a script anymore, he was out, spluttering out whatever he wanted years ago, he was young, he didn't know better.

"Yoona, it's time to go home!" Jessica shouts and they both turn around to see Jessica with her arms around Taecyeon, Taecyeon grins a little before Yoona lets go of him, sobers up in a minute and waves away Junho.

He screws up his chances with Im Yoona that day.

*

She manages to skip practice for his win on Music Bank, he sees her in the background, chatting animatedly with Tiffany and Jo Kwon is who telling them all a story. Junho smiles when she smiles his way, her eyes telling him to take her away from this place. He whispers something in her ears, and intertwines their fingers together.

"Congratulations, Junho Oppa," she says when they're away from the crowd. Her fingers part away with his and he greedily keep them intertwined, he wouldn't let them go this time. There's a slight pause in conversation and she stares at their hands that haven't been like that in months, really.

"It's been awhile," he says. She nods. He squeezes her fingers, pulls her close so she can see every imperfection on his face, the eyeliner slowly dripping away, his make up sweltering in the hot room, his tired eyes and his hopeful glance. "Listen, I..."

There's a jerk on the door and she turns around to see who he thinks is her manager, glaring at her for skipping practice with Tiffany. And he stares at their hands, gives Junho a glare before he disappears with Yoona.

/Sorry. I didn't think it would happen./

He sighs, texts back a short and sweet text before heading back to the party with a slight frown on his face.

/It's okay./

/I love you, Junho./

And he doesn't see the text nor does he acknowledge it because he's busy playing a game with Bae Suji, pretending that her vanilla perfume is the same with Yoona's natural roses or the way her hair is black while Yoona's is perfectly auburn, he pretends that the girl in front of him is really her and not some girl who he wants nothing to do with.

*

"Do you love her?" Yoona asks when he sits next to her one day before a recording. His eyes meets her eyes and it's empty, blank, dull, her once smiling eyes become quiet not roaring with emotions he's used to. He runs his fingers through her brunette hair before she can swat his hands away like a fly.

"Well?" she asks once more, quickly getting annoyed with his actions. There's a nod from his head and the girl sighs in disgust. "I wasted my time on the wrong guy," she finishes off. The figure hastily gets up from her spot to find Taecyeon smiling her way.

Junho wishes to be Taecyeon for once. He stares as the two communicate so flawlessly. The way Yoona can her head back in laughter as Taecyeon just smiles that loud smile, hoping that maybe, just maybe she likes him the same way he likes her.

"I miss you," Junho whispers into the girl's ears and Yoona looks his way, confused. She stares at him once more before shrugging her shoulders, remembering that this is all a game. And his red string of fate is getting tangled with different girls, different people and different chapters of his life. Her lips part a little, he finds his lips curving into a small smile, but before she can actually utter those three words back, Taecyeon yanks her by the arm, glaring at Junho. He knows he blows it with Yoona, he knows that Taecyeon will cut his string sooner or later, but he blows it. And the brunette beauty is being ushered away from him. 

But she's his, forever his, forever his red string of fate no matter who gets in the way. 


A/N: This was in my drafts for awhile now. But I never actually finished it. I decided to finish it now, but as one can tell, it's not all that great. So instead of finishing it, I let it linger in the air. One day I will write a Junho/Yoona one-shot and maybe one day it will be as pretty as I thought it would be, but for now. It will be an unfinished love song.