Jealous

SCHOOL RUMBLE

Moon Min Hee's POV

Lunch Break

I was sitting in an empty classroom in the second floor when I heard the door creak open. I looked around to see Song Seunghyun staring at me, wide eyed, his mouth hanging stupidly. I don't remember having him have his classes here. 

But we did hang out here before. When we were still friends. When everything else was still normal. When we were in the best terms and when nothing else mattered except each other.

I don't know how we drifted apart like this, acting like strangers, pretending as if neither of us existed. 

What happened Seunghyun?

Was it because I was too selfish? Was it because I changed too much? Was it because you don't like me anymore?

Or simply because it was meant to be.

I cut my trail of thoughts as I saw him turn around hastily. Before he could close the door though, I have called out for him. Desperately.

"Seunghyun-ah!" I yelled, standing up. I could feel the tears well up my eyes as the sight of him stopping caught my eye.

I thought he was going to ignore me, but to my surprise, he turned around slowly, apparently taking his time.

I waited and when he completely faced me, his face was looking grim.

"What is it?" He asked in a cold tone.

The ice in his voice hurt me. It hurt me more than anything else. Where was his warm husky voice that greeted me so early in the morning? Where was his warm voice that comforted me in my most depressing days? Where were we?

"Why are we like this?" I suddenly asked. I knew it wasn't the right time but if I don't open this now, it would be too late.

To my surprise, he chuckled indifferently. Then he began to walk briskly but silently towards me. He stopped inches away and his tall figure towered over me by inches. I gulped, he was so close and I could perfectly see his handsome face. There were trails of small scratches and there was a little rubble on his chin. I have never been this close to him, his breath on my face. I bit my lip, trying to calm myself down.

But then he slammed his fist on the desk, making me jump.

"Why are we like this?" He hissed under his breath, his eyes evident with anger. "Let me ask you, Min Hee. Why are we like this?"

I couldn't take it anymore. I was scared and my tears were flowing down my cheeks. I completely lost it, sobbing. 

But when I scrutinized his face, the anger lifted off from it, replaced with worry. He looked away but turned back to me in a matter of seconds. I continued to sob, my eyes begging for him.

How did I feel towards this man in front of me? Why can't I just let him go? Was it because of the memories we made together? 

To my surprise, he dropped his head and leaned it on my shoulder. I stood frozen on the spot. Our first contact after years of avoiding each other. It was refreshing and sad at the same time.

"Min Hee, I'm in love with you and I always will be." His deep voice rang in my ears. Was this a confession? But he confessed to me before. I don't know why this one was weighing so much on me right now. 

"But I'm sorry," he continued. "I'm not ready to forgive you. I don't know when I'll be ready and I don't  know if that time would come."

Then he suddenly hugged me. Tight. I could feel him sob in my shoulder and I couldn't help but do the same.

"S-Seunghyun."

"Just let me do this for now. I miss you so much and I've been a wreck since you left. Just this one time please."

He was pleading and I nodded, the tears unable to stop.

"I'm sorry Seunghyun-ah," I repeated. I don't know how many times I was going to apologize but  I needed this to get to him. I needed him to forget about the hurt I caused him. I needed him.

"Seunghyun! Trouble!"

It was another person's voice that echoed in the classroom. We pulled apart from each other hastily, hiding any evidence of contact. But it looked like the person in the form of Choi Minhwan  didn't mind it too much. His face was of panic and worry, making me nervous.

Seunghyun wiped his face discretely and turned to Minhwan, his face questioning.

MInhwan puffed and gathered up enough words, "Seul Tae. Seul Tae's in trouble."

I need not ask who Seul Tae was. She was the girl with me this morning, the girl that humiliated the school prince. And it was not surprising that she'd get in trouble.

It actually took a long while for Choi Jonghun's legion to reach her. 

But what bothered me wasn't that. What bothered me was the fact that Seunghyun just dashed right out, not a word out of his mouth.

It bothered me and for the first time, I felt jealous.