The First Trick

Because I Love My Pet

Because I Love My Pet
The First Trick
- - -

 

It was just one of those days where you wish you could just pull a gun out of your and just shoot yourself. Seriously, today wasn't your day... If not your worst day since you had the really bad bathroom accident back in your third year in grade school... But let's not get into too much detail about that! It began when your alarm didn't go off like it was suppose to; apparently there was a power outage, which caused you to end up getting scared out of your wits when you woke up to a windy rainstorm. It wasn't really the rainstorm that startled you awake, it was the loud thump of something slamming itself onto your window that caused you to jolt awake and fall out of bed. And when you realized the time when you received a text from your boyfriend, you literally ran a damn marathon around your apartment. The time it took you to get ready—thank god you took a shower the night before—was probably a world record to you, because you bolted out your apartment in less than three minutes. You then stumbled onto your cheapest way of transportation, which was a very cheap hot pink scooter, decorated like it belonged in Barbie's three story wannabe mansion.

 

You were drenched from head to toe by the time you made it to the your workplace. And guess who was there to greet you? Why, no one other than your boss, Mrs. I-always-have-a-stick-up-my-... Or Mrs. Choi...

 

“Thirty minutes late... Again, Ms. _____,” she bluntly informed you as her eyes narrowed, “Third time this month, my dear.”

 

You merely gave her a lopsided smile, “I... I apologize, you see there was a power out--”

 

“I don't want to hear it!” she snapped, giving you a dark look before she magically poofed out your stuff—well not really, her equally y assistant appeared from the side and handed her your things—and practically threw the box at you, “This is really unacceptable! Honestly, three times you've been late! All in the same month! I will not tolerate this... Good-bye Ms. _____. You're officially done here.”

 

“But! But!” you pleaded as you attempted to balance your bag, your helmet and the awkwardly huge box. But once again, your ex-boss merely silenced you as pointed at the door. You sighed heavily as you hung your head and turned around...

 

Well, this is just great... You mentally grumbled as you offhandedly dropped your stuff on the back of your scooter and covered it with your already soaked jacket. Sighing heavily, you then pulled out your cellphone and replied to the text your boyfriend had sent you a small while ago. You were sure he would be able to comfort you, he was always able to do that. You smiled softly when you heard your cellphone beep, telling you he texted you back.

 

Are you free?

 

Yea, I could really use the comfort...

 

I'll meet you at the cafe across the street... We need to talk.

 

Huh? You blinked, causing you to frown. Well, whatever it was... Just being able to see him would make you rather happy.

 

- - -

 

He seemed really spacy when you saw him. Staring out at the window, he didn't even notice you walk in but everyone else did since they were staring at you and your super wet clothes. You merely ignored the other occupants as you happily skipped over to your boyfriend, Oh Jinhyuk.

 

“Oppa!” you greeted as you sat down with a loud plop. Jinhyuk jumped, staring at you for a moment before he flashed you a small smile.

 

“_____...” he greeted as well as he looked away and took a sip of his coffee. The both of you sat there in silence for a short while, listening to the music, the rainstorm and the light chatter between the other occupants of the cafe.

 

“Oppa, you wanted to talk to me about something?” you suddenly questioned, causing him to once again flinch. Looking at him funny, you then decided to straighten yourself up and lean forward just a bit, “Are you okay?”

 

“I'm fine,” he answered smoothly. You frowned deeply as a waitress came up and handed you a cup of coffee as well... You didn't order it, but you assumed that Jinhyuk must have since he already knew how you liked your coffee, “Uhm... _____... Aish...”

 

“Is there something wrong? Did something happen to you?” you began to question more, ignoring your drink, “Oppa... You're worrying me.”

 

“I cheated on you.”

 

You stared, “Wait... What?”

 

“_____...” he began slowly, “I cheated on you.”

 

Again, you stared, “O-oppa... What? W-why...?”

 

“I'm sorry,” he apologized, looking away shamefully, “It's just that... There was this girl I met on the internet a few months ago... And we hit it off... I invited her over for a friendly meeting and we had a bit too much to drink... And well...”

 

“You had with her?” you suddenly rose your voice as your anger rose and you began to clench your hands into fists.

 

He nodded slowly and swallowed loudly, “And I just found that she's preg--”

 

“I DON'T EVEN WANT TO HEAR IT!” you screamed as you shot up from your seat and destroyed the peaceful atmosphere. Soon, the both of you found yourself being stared at but you didn't care; you were too enraged to care about anything. First you were late for work, then you were fired in front of everyone and now... You boyfriend of two happy years is going to be a father to another woman's child? No... You could only take in so much ty luck...

 

“_-_____...”

 

“Go to hell, you PIG!” was the last thing you said as you threw your cellphone at him, hitting him bullseye on his forehead before you stomped out of the cafe.

 

Your tears mixed with the rain as you ran out of the cafe. You were hiding your face, embarrassed about what had just happened not too long ago as you jogged across the street. Today really wasn't your day. You just wanted to to hide under a rock and die... Or at least stuff yourself silly with a tub of ice cream while watching Dogs 101 on Animal Planet.

 

Ah dogs... Your favorite animal in this world. You used to own a dog back when you were in middle school... A Chocolate Labrador Retriever mix; however, he looked to be like any other chocolate lab that you sometimes saw around. Bombom... He was your first and last puppy before he passed on, which devastated you and you never got a dog since then. You always thought about it though, but never really had the chance to seriously think about it. Bombom had always been there for you, especially when you really needed someone. Sure, you had friends... But Bombom would never laugh at you or get angry at you for saying anything stupid or whatever. He'd just look at you with that dorky look on his face and just his presence... Was always comforting; which was really all you needed. That feeling of comfort and not being judged.

 

However the thought of Bombom only made you cry more, but suddenly your scooter started making noise, which broke you from your thoughts.

 

“No... No... NO!” you pleaded as you pulled off to the side, where your scooter officially died, “Not now... Oh for the love of god... No!”

 

That annoying sound of the engine trying to turn on just made you blow up. You repeatedly stomped on the pedal; however the scooter would not turn on. You groaned loudly, you then fell forward; your face hiding within your arms as you cried out in exasperation. Eff my life... You mentally sighed as you continued to sit out in the rain; your box of stuff probably now drowning in rain water, but like hell you really cared. It was just stuff and that's all... You really didn't really bring anything you would call personal to work.

 

Seeing as your scooter didn't want to budge from its comfy spot on the side road and the fact you realized that you no longer had a cellphone; you decided to walk the rest of the way. Grabbing anything you considered important from your box of junk, you then stuffed it in your bag; grabbed your jacket and opened the umbrella you managed to grab on your way out of your apartment. Why you didn't use it earlier... You had yet to really figure that out yourself since you knew you had with you the entire time.

 

“Time to walk out that pie I ate yesterday...” was the last thing you said as you opened your umbrella and began to walk the rest of the way home.

 

It was starting to get dark by the time you finally reached your street. You had long took off your heels and walked barefooted... And of course the rain didn't let up either. Groggily you turned the corner to your apartment building... Only to hear some kids laughing and the sound of something being kicked repeatedly. Stopping, you then saw a group of elementary school kids kicking a rather large box repeatedly. You didn't think much of it, until you suddenly heard of whining.

 

That's when you decided to do something.

 

“Yah!” you called out, causing the kids to look at you, stop but the returned to kicking the box once again. Frowning, you then began to yell out something in gibberish, which caused the kids to look at you like you had gone crazy and ran off. Panting gently, you then smiled triumphantly and made your way over to the box. You had a feeling that there was a dog or something in the box and instinctively, you wanted to help the poor creature from those evil kids.

 

“You poor th—OHMYGOD!” you screeched loudly, but then slapped both your hands against your mouth to prevent yourself from screaming bloody murder.

 

Inside the box was no dog or cat... But a teenage boy or was that a girl? No, it was a boy; granted, he looked like he had just gotten into a fight with someone or something. He almost looked dead, but when you gingerly poked him with your umbrella handle, he squirmed but fell lax once more.

 

Well, I just can't... Leave him here, you mentally mused as you quietly looked around for anyone nearby or anything. Seeing as you were clear, you began to pull and drag the box with the boy inside to your apartment.

 

You were so glad that your apartment complex had elevators or else you would have probably injured the boy more trying to drag him up three flights of stairs. And once you safely made it inside your apartment, you then dropped all your stuff and managed to somehow to put the teenager boy on your sofa before you ran to grab your first aid kit.

 

“There...” you sighed out of the blue once you were done dressing his wounds and such. You had a feeling that he had more wounds under his torn up clothes, but this kid didn't look to be no older than seventeen or something and here you are... Twenty two years old and he was definitely . You did what you could before you looked him over and then decided to go get yourself cleaned up at least and probably make some dinner.

 

You felt so much better after you had your shower and jumped into your pajamas. The feeling of being refreshed and clean made you smile a bit. Your guest was still out cold when you returned to the main room... You decided to check on him once again before you made your way to the kitchen and began to cook... For two this time.

 

Humming quietly to yourself, you had yet to notice that your guest was beginning to stir awake. The sound of your frying was louder than your guest, which caused you to be very oblivious. You had also yet to notice that your guest sat up and quickly looked at your direction, before he quietly got up and walked over to you.

 

“E-excuse me...”

 

“Yah?!” you yelped loudly as you whirled around and smacked whoever was behind you with your cooking utensil. Your guest yelped as well, his wrapped over hand going straight for the spot you hit him as he winced and took a few steps back. Your eyes widen at this as you went over to him and began to apologize like your life was in danger or something, “Oh my god! I am so sorry!”

 

“I-it's okay... That was my fault...” he spoke gingerly as he slowly pulled his hand away and looked at you, “I... Where am I?”

 

“My... Apartment,” you answered slowly as you began to baby his injury that you caused, “I found you... In a box of all things, out in the front.”

 

“Aigu...” he winced as you touched one of his injuries, which caused you to pull away, “Sorry... I'm still a bit out of it.”

 

You nodded gently, “I'm really sorry about that... You just startled me. But uhm... If you don't mind me asking, why were you in the box?”

 

“I uh...” he blushed slightly as he tried to rake through his thoughts, “You know... I really can't remember, but I was attacked by some guys earlier and that's all I really remember.”

 

“Oh you poor thing!” you doted, “It isn't much, but I have some old clothes you can change into and I'm cooking dinner, so go ahead and clean yourself up a bit and we can eat.”

 

He smiled, “Thank you so much... I owe you.”

 

For some reason, his smile caused your cheeks to flare up. Embarrassed, you then turned around and began to look productive with your cooking. The echo of his feet leaving to your room caused you to finally relax and you once again returned to your cooking.

 

You stared in amazement as you watched your new guest practically inhale the entire table; it was as if he hadn't eaten in weeks or something. Then again, he looked really skinny when you found him, but damn! You were barely done with half your plate when he sighed out contently and smiled brightly at you.

 

“Thank you for the food, Noona!” he spoke cheerfully. It didn't really register in your mind that he already started calling you Noona, but you were just too surprised at the fact that he seemed to be all better, minus all those bandages and noticeable wounds that plagued his entire body.

 

He happily helped you with the dishes and the cleaning... Actually, he did all the work for you and made you sit down on the sofa while he cleaned. Although you urged him to do the resting since he was injured, he wouldn't take a no for an answer. Seeing how stubborn he was being, you then obligated and went to sit down and watched him clean your kitchen until it was literally sparkling.

 

Soon, you found yourself staring at him while he sat on the other side of the sofa, his eyes going all over the place, like he was detailing your apartment.

 

“Uhm...” you suddenly spoke, which caused him to look directly at you.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I just wanted to let you know that you're welcomed to stay here for a few days,” you informed him while he smiled, “I don't want to be rude, but once you feel better... I'm going to have to ask you to leave. I'm sure your parents or friends or whoever you're with is looking for you...”

 

He frowned and snorted, “Hardly...”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I've been homeless for the past week,” he sighed and made a face, “But I don't blame you if you don't want me around, after all, we're strangers but I appreciate you taking me in for a few days.”

 

“It's not that I don't want you around or anything,” you attempted to reassure him, “It's just that... I've been living on my own for a long while and I never really allowed my ex boyfriend around my apartment either...”

 

He rose a brow at you, “Eh?”

 

You nervously looked away, “I'm just not comfortable with people living with me...”

 

He stared at you for a moment with this weird, calculating expression on his adorable face, “Ah... Lets see if I can convince you otherwise! How about you keep me as your pet?”

 

"... Excuse me, what did you just say?" you questioned, not sure if you heard him correctly.

He merely grinned cutely, "I said, I really have nowhere else to go and you're the first person who helped me... If you seriously aren't comfortable with people staying with you then think of me as your pet."

"Think of you... As my... Pet?" you repeated as he nodded cheerfully, "W-wait... Hold on there! I... Can't do that! You're human! A person! You're not a dog or anything!"

"I can be~" he informed before he hopped off the sofa, went down on all fours (COUGH!) and began to act like a dog. You stared, a mixture of amusement and slight confusion on your face. This kid seriously must have had his head whacked a few good times... Or he had some really weird issues to begin with. Either way, you couldn't help but find this really... Cute?

Oh, what the hell! You mentally slapped yourself as your new guest suddenly jumped back on the sofa and jumped on you.

"So, what do you think?" he questioned as he stared at you... With puppydog eyes.

"I... Uhm..." you muttered and blinked a few times, "... You... Make a really good dog?"

"See? What'd I tell you?" he laughed as he leaned forward and began to nuzzle you gently on your neck, "Name me then~"

You blushed as a mental image of your best friend from your childhood popped up, "B-but don't you already have a name?"

"Nope," he answered as he continued to lay on top of you, "Remember, I'm your dog~"

You sighed, "... Bombom."


"Bombom it is~" he concluded as he randomly fell limp on top of you. You were still blushing but for some reason you found yourself petting his head anyway.

What the hell was wrong with you?