Fictitious Love

Wishful Thinking

 

 

Bells chime
The ocean mimics the sky
A deep blue blanket covered in diamonds
The wind pushes me to the water's edge
I let the waves leave small kisses on my bare feet 

Longing for your presence near me
The sound of rain is all that keeps me company though it's not really there 

In love with love was a love so true
As this silent night at sea takes over
Do you think of me, too? 

Longing for your presence near me
The sound of rain is all that keeps me company though it's not really there

 

***Hyosung's PoV***

"Hm~ Hm." Humming a melodic tune, I wiped my eyes and closed my locker.

I sighed and headed toward the doors that lead to the outside parking lot. I haven't seen him in quite a while. He has been ignoring me and avoiding me. If only he would let me see him, I could... There he is. He's just standing there and I don't even believe that he has noticed me yet. I held my breath and gradually approached him while keeping my head down so that he wouldn't notice me. I peeked up through my bang and saw that I was almost close to him. I stopped walking about seven feet from him. I looked up to him and smiled through my tears. 

"Kikwang." I choked out in a low dead voice.

"Hyosung?" He looked at me and made a face, while standing upright off of the car he was leaning on. "I... Have to go." He turned his back to me and started to walk away. "And, don't follow me please."

My tears started to pour out again. I tried to call out his name, but my voice has gone silent on me. I bit my lip and dropped my head towards the ground. I felt my tears roll off my face. I looked back up again and saw his back to me. And at that very moment my heart broke in to even smaller pieces. I bit my lip again, but this time hard enough to taste the familiar metallic taste in my mouth. I wiped my eyes again and looked at his back get further away.

 "I looked for you!" I yelled towards him. "I looked for you over and over again!" He stopped walking and turned back to face me. 

"What?" He asked.

"Every day I spent hour after hour searching for you! I've put so much trust and hope into you! I believed that you were going to be different! All those sweet words you said to me. Was it all just fiction? Were you just saying things to make me believe again, so you could just drop me? So you could just ignore me like you're doing now?” I slammed my books down on the ground. “I told you EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about me! I was telling the truth! I believed that you were to!” I let my voice get soft on me. “You always said that you wouldn't hurt me like they did! That's what you said!" I bit down on my lower lip and gripped my shirt.

I could feel the tears streaming down my face. I could also feel the stares that were coming from the people starting to surround us. I wiped my eyes then looked up at him. He looked guilty and had his fist bawled up at his sides. It looked like he was holding back his tears. 

"Look, I'm sorry okay. I'M SORRY! I tried to apologize for not making it before, but you didn't even want to see me! I made a little mistake! It was only one time and after that you abandon me! Why did you leave me?" He started to walk towards me with a single tear falling down his cheek. 

"Hyosung, I..." He tried to talk, but I interrupted him.

"I see now that loving you is all wrong, but… I'm still looking for ways to make it all right." I laughed dryly while looking to the sky then back at him. "You see… I'm stuck between a rock and a wall, because I still want you even though you pulled a hit and run!" He placed his hand on my cheek and I leaned into it. 

"Hyosung, I'm sorry but--"

"Stop it." I whispered. "Just stop it. I shouldn't have believed you. This was just wishful thinking, and now I'm stuck. This was just a fictitious love. And even though I know that, I still want your presence near me, but now I see that you don't want the same." I wiped my eyes again and removed his hand from my arm. 

All of this was just wishful thinking. I'm tired of living inside my dreams. Doing that isn't getting me anywhere. It's just getting me hurt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poem by 
LeaderLady!!