Domande e risposte

Domande e risposte

 

Yunho wrung his hands nervously, his forehead beading with sweat. Glancing over at the phone on the coffee table, his heart clenched as the phone beeped, indicating an incoming message. Taking in a deep breath, he walked towards the phone. Each step was excruciatingly slow as his heart struck an irregular rhythm, a deep contrast against his regular breaths.

 

"Please, please."

 

Yunho mumbled under his breath as he closed his eyes, afraid to even look at his phone. His feet tapped the ground as his gaze rotated between the phone and the tiles on his floor, his mind anxious beyond belief.

 

He was just about to take the phone into his hands when the phone suddenly vibrated, causing Yunho to drop the phone in shock. Yunho blinked. Jaejoong was calling him. Kim Jaejoong. His lover. Staring at the screen, Yunho's heart gave its last beat as the ringtone of his phone resonated throughout the house, his mind numbed.

 

Finally, the ringtone stopped playing, and the phone went into the automated voice mail. Heart pounding loudly in his chest, Yunho bent to his knees, picking the phone off the ground. Would it be good news, or would it be bad? Yunho closed his eyes once more as he took a deep breath. Would it he agree or would he not?

 

"Hyung, stop being such a baby and just read the message." Changmin commented, unable to bear the look of anxiety on Yunho's face.

 

Yunho stuck out his tongue. Threading through his unruly mop of hair, he forced his eyes open, pressing the single button that would reveal the long awaited verdict:

 

YES.

 

Yunho's heart stopped. His eyes widened as he read the message again, checking that he did not read those three letters wrong. Yes. It was still a yes. His hands began to shake uncontrollably as his mouth opened to a silent scream.

 

"He said yes," Yunho finally uttered after a while, still staring disbelievingly at his phone screen.

 

"He said yes."

 

Yunho turned to Changmin, his mouth parting way to a grin.

 

"HE SAID YES!" Yunho exclaimed as he began running around the room, throwing cushions onto the floor as he did so, screaming in absolute joy.

 

Changmin creased his eyebrows at the sight of the impeding mess that his overexcited hyung was making. Crossing his arms, he had half a mind to reprimand his hyung and opened his mouth to do so when his words abruptly stopped at the sight of Yunho's eyes.

 

Happiness.

 

Changmin could clearly see it in Yunho's eyes. It was so pure, so intense and so overwhelming Changmin could feel the little flutters of excitement growing in his heart. Unknowingly, the corners of Changmin's frown had curled up into a smile and the frown on his forehead had disappeared, leaving crinkled eyes instead.

 

"Yes?" 

 

Yunho stared at Changmin whose mouth was still wide open, confusion swimming in his eyes.

 

Changmin shook his head, "Nevermind. It's nothing."

 

Yunho frowned momentarily before his excitement took over again, his eyes twinkled in happiness.

 

"Changmin ah, Jaejoongie agreed! He agreed to go ice skating with me! He finally agreed!"

 

Changmin shook his head in exasperation as Yunho went into a frenzy once again. Picking up the soft toy that Yunho had just flung to the ground, Changmin placed it on the cabinet, back to where it once was. He sighed. Turning around, he was just in time to see Yunho throwing another toy across the room. 

 

"Yunho hyung," Changmin grumbled, "I know you're excited but would you mind not throwing every single toy in the house to the floor in your excitement?"

 

He glared at Yunho, his irritation showing in his eyes.

 

"Or at least have the decency to put them back in place." Changmin screeched as he picked yet another soft toy up, placing it on the sofa instead. Watching Changmin picking up his mess, Yunho bowed his head as tendrils of guilt began gnawing at his heart. Bending down, he began picking up the things that were on the floor, arranging them and putting them back in their original places.

 

"I'm just really happy you know?" Yunho spoke after a while, breaking the silence between them,"We finally get to meet each other after so long."

 

Changmin stopped in his tracks, his fingers froze as they clamped over the cushion he was picking.

 

"It's like things are finally moving on as planned." Yunho smiled as he turned to look at Changmin, "I can't wait till our contracts end. We'll finally be reunited again!"

 

Changmin looked away, an uncomfortable lump starting to burn at the back of his throat.

 

"You don't know if it's confirmed yet, Yunho hyung," Changmin spoke, as he picked the toy up from the ground, "don't get your hopes raised too high."

 

Yunho laughed.

 

"Changmin ah, you're so pessimistic you make me laugh."

 

Changmin snorted.

 

"It's called being realistic and-."

 

"Idiotic." Yunho interrupted coldly, causing Changmin to look at him in shock.

 

"Idiotic, Changmin," Yunho bored into Changmin's eyes, a solemn look on his face, "You're being an idiot here."

 

"Wh-"

 

"Changmin."

 

A single word. A mere composition of eight letters. Yet, Changmin's words died on his lips.

 

"Yunho hyung.." he whispered as he saw for himself the confident expression on his hyung that he had not seen in years. The utter faith he had in his eyes, the complete determination showed in his words, the will to make dreams come true through that single word...

 

"Changmin."

 

and the tone that curbed Changmin from speaking any further. Smiling, Changmin turned away, putting the last soft toy back into its place.

 

"Okay."

 

Changmin replied, missing the brief moment of pride that flitted through Yunho's eyes.

 

"So," Changmin continued, "When are you going ice skating with Jaejoong hyung?"

 

Yunho smirked.

 

"Now."

 

"Wh-"

 

Changmin could barely get a word of protest out of his lips before the door slammed shut on his face, ending the conversation abruptly.

 

"Yunho hyung, what are you-"

 

Changmin was once again interrupted as the door opened abruptly, revealing three figures that he had not seen in a while.

 

"Jaejoong hyung, Junsu hyung and Yoochun hyung?" Changmin whispered as they ran towards him, opening their arms and giving him a hug, squeezing him between them three.

 

"What's going on?" Changmin questioned after they broke out of the hug, his mind still in a state of shock.

 

Junsu chuckled, "And you said I was the most idiotic out of all,"

 

Changmin glared, irritation evident in his eyes.

 

"Well," Junsu continued on, waving Changmin's frustration away, "Yunho hyung lied to you. He didn't text Jaejoong hyung at all. He texted someone else instead."

 

"What do you mean?" Changmin frowned.

 

Jaejoong and Yoochun laughed just as Junsu clicked his tongue in frustration.

 

"It means that he intended for us five to meet, not for the ice skating thing that I'm sure was what he used to lie to you about."

 

"Then why was he so excited about the message and screaming that it was a yes?" Changmin gritted the question out from his teeth, his irritation doubled at the sight of Junsu's smirk and the soulmates' laughter.

 

"It's because he said yes." Junsu replied, before looking at Jaejoong and Yoochun who were laughing by his side.

 

"And also," he continued, his voice softening as he did so, "it's because we said yes."

 

Jaejoong merely laughed harder at that.

 

"Junsu yah, you're not helping Min's confusion here."

 

Junsu pouted.

 

"Then why don't you say it then? Why don't you tell it to him since you can obviously help that idiot there to understand?" he grumbled as he swatted Jaejoong's hand away, moving to sit beside Yoochun instead, his arms crossed as he began to sulk.

 

Changmin cringed. Junsu hyung never did grow up did he?

 

Jaejoong merely laughed it away, used to the childish antics pulled by Junsu.

 

"That's cause Junsu you got it all wrong," Jaejoong remarked, causing Junsu's pout to deepen. Changmin could see the evil twinkle in his hyung's eyes. Jaejoong was irritating Junsu on purpose. He just knew it. Fed up with the lack of answers from both people, Changmin finally turned to Yoochun, his single last hope.

 

"So, care to explain, Yoochun hyung?"

 

Yoochun grinned at him.

 

"You see," he explained, "the important part was never the answer given, but the question that was asked."

 

"So?" Changmin replied rudely as he fought the urge to punch the wall out of frustration. He just wanted answers for Pete's sake. Why were they so reluctant to give them to him? One was blabbering nonsense, the other was making fun of another and the last one was talking in riddles he did not understand.

 

He just wanted answers, damn it!

 

"Yoochun hy-"

 

"Yunho hyung asked the question and he agreed, that's why Yunho hyung was so happy he literally wracked the whole place down."

 

"So what did he ask?"

 

Yoochun grinned. Junsu smiled, and Jaejoong laughed.

 

"That, you have to ask Yunho hyung yourself." they replied cheekily, earning themselves three cushions thrown right into their faces.

 

Still laughing, Jaejoong passed Yunho's phone to Changmin, allowing him to read the message for himself.

 

From: LSM

 

We will proceed as planned. Management has agreed to your requests.

 

Requests? Changmin felt his frustration showing through once more as he clenched his fists in frustration. What requests? What was it that Yunho requested that he did not know? Why was everyone keeping things from him?

 

Finally, he was unable to keep it in anymore and his anger burst out like a water from a dam.

 

"Jaejoong hyung, what the hell does all this mean?" Changmin screamed, tossing Yunho's phone onto the sofa, "It doesn't even make any sense to me. This phone message is explaining nothing at all!" 

 

"Just ask Yunho and-"

 

"Stop asking me to go ask Yunho hyung for Pete's sake. Someone just tell me something!" Changmin screeched as he threw his hands up in the air, frustraton overwhelming him.

 

"What's wrong with asking me?"

 

Yunho questioned as he stood at the doorway, watching Changmin in amusement as he raged.

 

"What. Exactly. Did. You. Request. From. Soo. Man. Shii." Changmin spat every single word out with as much force as he could muster, ignoring Yunho's question from before.

 

 "If we could feat JYJ for our 10th anniversary-"

 

Yunho stopped abruptly just as Changmin punched him straight in the face, causing Yunho to yowl in pain as he fell backwards, landing on his .

 

"That's for not telling me earlier."

 

Changmin proclaimed before walking out of the door, stepping away from Yunho as he did so.

 

"But aren't you happy about it?" Yunho shouted down the hallway at Changmin's retreating figure, "why is your response so cold?"

 

Changmin smiled.

 

"You see," Changmin smirked as he turned around, watching Jaejoong hovering over Yunho and Yoosu staring at him in shock, "the most important part was never the question asked, but the answer given."

 

"And the answer is?" Yunho questioned as he stood up, his arms snaking around Jaejoong's waist.

 

Changmin strode forward towards them, 

 

"That one touch would be making its grand appearance again." he uttered before hitting each and every one of them on their shoulders as hard as he could, mustering all the strength that he had and releasing all the pent up frustration in him at once.

 

Through the waves of pain, it was then that Yoochun abruptly realised:

 

Sometimes, neither the answers nor the questions were important. Sometimes, it was just a man by the name of Shim Changmin that ruled them all.

 

The End.