Transfer Student

My Best Friend

I stared straight into his eyes, attempting to find any trace of mischief and dishonesty. But he was looking at me, all serious. And in that moment, I knew he wasn’t lying.

I still kept my hopes up high. This isn’t the first time Myungsoo was playing such pranks on me. I’m waiting, still waiting for him to chuckle “I’m just kidding~”.

Usually I will be able to see it through, however this time round I could sense that something is different. I think it’s true, he’s not lying to me.

I have no idea how to describe what’s on my mind now. I am confused, I am sad, but I do also feel slightly happy for him for finding love. Love probably wouldn’t happen to me, that is why I always feel very glad when people around me find happiness. But, my heart totally sank when he told me that just now. How am I supposed to feel?

Kim Myungsoo, you just messed my feelings, like how you always do.

I tried to remain calm, and cleared my throat as I asked, “who is the girl?” My heart was beating so fast and I could literally hear my heartbeat. Myungsoo took a step closer to me and I blushed really hard. He then whispered to my lobster-red ears,

“I’m just kidding.”

… …

.

I swear all my mixed feelings are being replaced by anger right now. I shot him a glare, and it was as if he got the signal right away.

“Hey I am sorry. Dasommie ah please don’t be angry.”

He pleaded as I turned around and stormed off. I was angry, really angry. And I don’t even know why I was so angry. I should be feeling relieved right now. Relieve that he is actually just joking and he is still single and whatever. But I can’t help letting this indescribable anger take over me. I just kept on walking and walking to the bus stop, while Myungsoo just follows after me. He was aware that I am fuming mad and he cleverly kept a one meter distance away from me.

I was angry for the fact that he lied to me. I knew that for the past few times he was joking. But he looked so serious this time round that I thought he was true. I was angry at him for pranking me. I was even angrier at myself for the fact that I actually believed him and making a fool out of myself. Most importantly, I am afraid, afraid that he will find out about my crush for him because I pretty much showed him the jealous side of me.

Okay I hope he doesn’t dwell in too much over what happened just now and finds out about my crush for him.

 

We were waiting for the bus at the bus stop. And by the time the bus came, I already wasn’t angry. That is the problem with me, I really cannot stay angry for too long. But I still kept my poker face. As we boarded the bus, Myungsoo took the seat beside me.

“Sommie sommie are you still angry?”

Honestly I cannot stay angry at you and that aegyo isn’t helping much.

I shot up from my seat and went all the way to the back of the bus and took the backseat. I have to pretend that I am angry even though I am not. It’s just too shameful for me to admit that I am no longer angry.

Myungsoo immediately went after me and he sat beside.

“You are no longer angry right?”

He could see it through me, and he always does. Since young, I can never tell lies in front of him. He would always expose my lie without fail. And at times like this, I really hate how I can never be angry at him. UGH.

I broke into a small smile and he clenched his fist and did a small victory cheer.

“Yah Dasom-ah, I am really sorry for just now, I just thought I should have gave you a small little surprise since it’s the beginning of a new school year. And hey my acting skills improved huh? “ Myungsoo just rattled on and on, “why were you even so angry just now?”

I stuttered, “umm that’s because umm… I am just angry at you! Hmph do I really need to explain?”   

“No… it’s okay! Please don’t get angry at me again!”

I secretly heaved a sigh of relief as he decided to drop the matter. Phew I hope he doesn’t find out anything about it.

We alighted the bus and walked to our school. It was a 10 minute walk but it felt really very short because we always have endless things to talk about. After that, we went separate ways as we are in different class.

Despite his good looks and supposedly “perfect” image, Myungsoo’s academic results weren’t as good. It wasn’t as if he did not put in enough to study, it was just that he had too much of other commitments that he is unable to fully concentrate on his studies.

Well, as for me, I do not have much friends and all I can do is to study to occupy myself while others are out there playing with their friends. And that explains my better grades. Of course I will help Myungsoo in his studies, but I can only help him till certain extent.  

“Yah Myungsoo! Did you hear about the new transfer student?  Seunghyun, one of Myungsoo’s classmates came to him and wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

“She’s damn gorgeous. She is in class 2A, same class as your –ahem- best friend. Remember to check her out later! I think you two will make a really good pair!”

I overheard their conversation, and was thinking about the transfer student. It seems like she is really pretty and rather popular among guys. And if Myungsoo likes her, then she will be my love rival!

Filled with thoughts, I strolled into my classroom and she immediately caught my eye.

Heck, I am not even a quarter of her standards.

She is so goddess-like. She exudes a really pure and elegant feel, and from the way she carries herself, she is really a very demure lady. She is tall, and has fair and smooth skin. Her wide eyes blinked hard at me as I took the seat beside her (that was my usual seat).

“Hello! I am Lee Hana, nice to meet you!” She stretched out her hands at me and I was really shocked. No one really took notice of me or even gives a damn about me, but yet she took the initiative to greet me first.  

Is it even possible to hate her?

Life is really unfair, some people are just born prettier than others. Why can’t I be part of the “some people”?

Sighs.

“Hello, I am Kim Dasom. Nice to meet you too,“ I replied weakly.  

 Lee Hana is totally pretty.
 

A/N:

School is so tiring sighs. I will try to update more often! And THANKS to all my subscribers! You guys are the best! You give me motivation to continue writing hehe! Short chapter here but I hope you guys will like it!