Final

Miracles Do Happen

It was an excitment for Boa when she knew that she is pregnant with a second child. But the one was the happiest most was Yunho. Of course, since Yunho always wanted a baby girl and when Boa told him that, his wish has finally came true.

"Finally, a baby girl on her way..." Yunho giggled like a little girl as he hug his wife.

"Umma..." Lincoln called and Boa turn to her son.

"Yes, Lincoln?"

"Do I get a new sibling?" He asked and Boa nodded her head.

Lincoln smile, he run towards Boa large bump and place a kiss on it. He gently rub her mother tummy.

"Hello, little sister. Your big brother is talking to you. I will protect you." Lincoln said and Yunho laughed, messing his son hair before carrying him on his shoulders.

"You better be, son. Appa wouldn't be able to fend off some boys alone if they wanted to date your beautiful sister when she is big. We will have to be protective of this cutie." Yunho said and Lincoln nodded. Boa shook her head.

"Oh please, she is allowed to date whoever she wants. No, fending off any guys." Boa said but Lincoln frown, shaking his head.

"No, Umma, my baby sister is too young to date even if she is big."

Boa turn to Yunho and glare at him.

"You poison my baby boy mind with protectiveness. You will pay after I gave birth to this little baby." Boa warn and Yunho just smile.

He went towards the bump and kiss it before caressing it and looking at Boa.

"She's going to be a strong and healthy baby girl." Yunho said and Boa nodded her head, couldn't agree more.

 

 

"AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yunho turn his head to the labour theather as he heard Boa scream. Lincoln was fast asleep at the waiting area and Yunho was there, pacing back and forth waiting for the baby to be born. Yunho wasn't allowed to enter because during Lincoln birth, he fainted at the sight of blood.

"YUNHO-AH!!!!!!!!!! WHEN I'M DONE, I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!"

Yunho gulped down his saliva as he heard her screaming again. People at the waiting area snicker at him and Yunho blushes.

"Get ready young man." A middle aged man told him and Yunho just laughed.

Yells and screaming and cursing of him escape from Boa mouth and Yunho was scared. It had been hours and still the baby hasn't came out. Usually it wasn't this long. Yunho began to get scared. What if something happen to both the baby and the mother...

"Please let both of them save. Let the baby born in save and her mother too. Please, please..." Yunho began to pray.

"Mr Jung."

Yunho turn to the door and saw the doctor, calling him. Yunho rush towards the doctor and he told him something that make Yunho shocked.

"Can I see Boa now?" He asked and the doctor nodded his head.

Yunho carried Lincoln in his arms and rush to the ward where Boa was placed. Opening the door, he heard sobbing in the room. Yunho place Lincoln on the chair as he make his way to the bed.

"Boa-ah...." Yunho called and Boa turn to him.

She was crying. Her tears were streaming down endlessly. Yunho pulled her into a hug and Boa cried even more.

"It's okay, Boa. She'll be fine. I know she will." Yunho said.

The doctor had told Boa as the baby was born an hour later that the baby girl was in serious state

The doctor had told Boa that the baby girl that was born is in serious state. The infant heart beat was losing and they had to shift the baby to Intensive Care Unit ward for special care and to monitor her more closely. Boa was in shock and in disbelieve as the doctor drop the bomb. She couldn't stop crying as they shifted her to the normal ward.

"My baby... Yunho-ah.... my baby....."

Yunho couldn't say anything but kept his silence. A week past and still the baby is in the ICU. Boa was allowed to leave the next day and she kept on visiting her baby.

 

 

"How is she doing?" Boa asked as she stare at the see-through glass. Her baby was there with tubes and Boa turn away, feeling her heart being ripped away just by seeing her baby in that condition.

The doctor didn't said anything. He kept his silence not sure if he should say anything to her but then Boa ask again, pleading to him. The doctor show a sad and forgivable expression as he spoke to her about her baby condition.

"Little Lauren....." He called the baby name and Boa took a step forward, moving away from Yunho grasped.

"My baby...."

"I am sorry, Mrs Jung but Little Lauren, her condition is getting worser. Everyday her condition is going down every minute...."

"Is there any chance that she will live?" Boa asked and the doctor shook his head.

"I'm sorry Mrs Jung but the possibilities for her survival is very low. There is high chances that she might not live." The doctor said and Boa turn around to Yunho.

Her tears flow down as Yunho pull her into a hug. She cried in his arms. Tilting her head to the side, she felt the pain in her heart. Seeing her baby in that condition, she prayed for her well being.

 

 

"Umma..." Lincoln called and Boa snap out from her trance.

She was at their home and currently in the room where Little Lauren was suppose to be in once she was going back home but seems like the baby couldn't be coming here.

"Umma...." Lincoln hug her mother and cup her mother cheeks together.

Boa forces a smile as he did that. He knew her mother was hurt but he wanted to know something else.

"What is it, Lincoln?" Boa asked and Lincoln began to talk.

"Where is Lauren? Umma, why isn't Lauren here? I want to sing to her." Lincoln said and Boa hug Lincoln, playing with his hair before she speaks.

"She's at the hospital."

"Why?"

"Because she needs attention."

"So if I need attention, I go to the hospital?" Lincoln asked, tilting his head. Boa smile and pinch his nose.

"Ani. Your sister is sick and need special attention."

"So when will she come back home? I wanna sing to her. I wanna sing to her. I wanna sing to her." Lincoln whine, stomping his feet.

"Lincoln...." Yunho called from outside the room and Lincoln kept quiet.

Boa hid her face as her tears fall down. Lincoln went to his room, scared that Yunho will scold him any furthur. Boa turn to Yunho as she caress the baby's bed and spoke.

"To think that she will return as a..." Boa didn't finish her words and Yunho walk towards her.

"Miracles do happen, you know." He said and Boa shook her head.

"We have been living so perfectly. Always getting whatever we went. Maybe it's time He test us with Little Lauren. Just have faith, okay?"

Boa didn't speak but just stare at the toys and stuff animals that they had bought for Little Lauren.

 

 

The next day, Lincoln went to his mother and ask the same question again.

"I want to see Lauren. I wanna sing to her." He said and Boa shoot him a look and he kept quiet but not for long since he continues to bug her for the rest of the week.

Another week past and Lincoln asked again, hoping that he could be able to see his little sister.

"Umma...." Lincoln called, smiling sweetly in the morning.

It doesn't have to take a genuis to know what Lincoln wanted.

"Alright... I take you to see Lauren today." Boa said and Lincoln beam.

Screaming and running around the living room in happiness.

"YEY! I got to see Lauren! I got to sing to her!" Lincoln said as he run to his room.

Boa smile and chuckled before her smile vanishes and she smile sadly. Since children under the age of 12 couldn't be allowed to enter the ICU, Lincoln wasn't allowed in the place but Boa thought that it maybe the last time Lincoln will see Lauren since her doctor told Boa that it's only about a few days before the little baby will leave them forever.

 

 

"Mrs Jung, you can't bring the child in here. It's not..."

Boa make a sharp turn and glare dangerously at the nurse in charge. She march towards the lady with Lilncoln in her arms and she stand face to face with the nurse. The nurse was tall and Boa was short but Boa was intimidating in every form that even the other staffs took a step back.

"I don't care what the rules said and I will bring my son to meet his sister. Do you want to explain to him if she dies and when he asked 'where is Lauren?' Do you want to answer to him? You can sue me and whatever, I don't care. My son wanted to meet his baby sister and let him before she dies." Boa said, glaring at the lady.

The nurse shrank as she was scolded. She nodded her head and Boa flashes a fake smile and march towards Lauren bed. Lincoln was told to wear some oversize scrub suit to enter the place for protection. Boa grab Lincoln hand and brought him towards his little sister. Lincoln gazes amazedly as he stare at the tiny infant. He turn to Boa and smiled.

"She is so tiny. Was I that tiny when I was born?" He asked and Boa smile, nodded her head.

"Umma, can I sing to her?" He asked and Boa just nodded her head.

Lincoln walk clumsily towards her sister, almost tripping onto his own shoelaces before he start singing.

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are grey

Boa gasped as she saw a slight and completely impossible from Little Lauren. The once low and dreadful pulse rate began to show some improvements and this gave Boa some hope. She touches her son and whisper softly.

"Kept on singing, Lincoln." She said, forcing herself not to cry.

You never know, dear, how much oppa love you

Please don't take my sunshine away....

As Lincoln began to sing to his baby sister, Lauren ragged strained breathing became as smooth as a kitten purr. Boa was delighted to see the reactions. She kept on urging Lincoln to sing.

"Keep on singing."

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping

I dreamed I held you in my arm...

Little Lauren began to relax eventually. Everyone in the room was watching the miracle happening infront of them. The staff nurse that had forbid Lincoln enter was crying even the doctors were holding back their tears. Boa turn to the staff nurse and she smile, wiping her tears as it fall down her cheeks.

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

Please don't take my sunshine away...

Lincoln finishes his song and he smiled to his mother.

"Look Umma, Lauren is alright." He said and Boa nodded her head.

"She is. Thanks to you." Boa said as she kiss Lincoln forehead.

Lincoln was confused but he was happy since he could do something great. Yunho was happy. He rush from his workplace to the hospital as soon as he heard the news.

"You did a great thing, son. I'm proud of you." Yunho said as he carry Little Lauren in his arms.

"A child miracle..." Boa said and Yunho chuckled.

"See I told cha that miracle do happens. And what are the odds that Lincoln brought it.... My children are plain awesome.... Appa is proud and gonna cry now.." Yunho said before joking around.

The doctors were surprise by the turns of event. But as some people believe, miracles do happen at the weirdest time. The next day, Little Lauren was allowed to be brought home and everyone was happy. A complete family with fulls of miracles.