Practice Match

Falling in Love with a Narcissist

 

- Your POV -
 
" Yes, you have to seduce them " Mr. Kim said firmly.
 
" Why? " I asked in a panicked tone.
 
" It's because you have to distract them. And what distraction works the best? Beautiful girls like you " Mr. Kim replied.
 
" And boys, while she's seducing the guys from other groups, don't look at her. You'll become distracted too " Mr. Kim added with a laugh.
 
" So, I'll have to put on some make-up? " I asked.
 
He nodded.
 
" I don't have make-up " I whispered.
 
" WHAT?! " all the boys yelled.
 
" I don't use make-up " I told them.
 
" Of course she doesn't. She's pretty the way she is. " Lee Sungmin said.
 
I blushed. Gi Kwang shrugged.
 
" Just put on some lipstick and blush-on. Then you'll be fine " Mr. Kim told me.
 
All I could do was nod.
 
" Wait! But the other girls are much more prettier than me. Like Yuri from Archery club. And Jessica from Glee club " I stuttered.
 
" No! You're much prettier! " all the boys yelled at me again.
 
" I'm not! " I argued.
 
" If you keep denying what we are saying, we'll take it back " Gi Kwang said with a smirk.
 
I closed my lips. Then I glared at Gi Kwang. I wanted to wipe that smirk from his face away so bad. And I just realized that the guys I was with....are all the school hearthrobs. I am so dead after this. 
 
" Why the sad face? " Mr. Kim asked me.
 
" Well, all the guys with me are school hearthrobs. " I told him.
 
All the guys around me smiled and nodded. Including the narcisstic Gi Kwang.
 
" And so? " Gi Kwang asked with an evil smile.
 
" Well, the girls would kill me " I replied.
 
And the guys nodded.
 
" It's their fault for not joining the Kendo Club." Mr. Kim laughed.
 
The others joined him.
 
" Start practicing! " Mr. Kim commanded and the guys got their fencing swords and started hitting some dummies.
 
" What should I do? Can't I join them, even for a while? " I pleaded.
 
" Okay then. But only for a while " Mr. Kim replied and handed me a fencing sword.
 
I took the dummy next to Gi Kwang. It made him look at me. I started hitting the dummy hard and fast. How? Because I was thinking that the dummy was Gi Kwang.
 
" What are you doing? You'll damage the dummy! " Gi Kwang muttered.
 
" I'm imagining this dummy as you! And since I can't hurt you, the dummy will have to take the pain " I replied.
 
I started hitting the dummy using the different techniques taught to me when I was still a kid. Then I realized that even the other guys were all looking at me.
 
" What is it? " I asked them.
 
They pointed to the dummy. Oh crap. There was a hole in the heart area.
 
" Not bad! " Mr. Kim said.
 
" It's impossible to do that with a fencing sword! " Gi Kwang protested.
 
" It is for normal techniques. But what she did was quite impressive! " Mr. Kim said and clapped his hands.
 
" Are you really sure I can't fight along with them in the hunting? " I asked Mr. Kim.
 
" I'm sorry, dear. It's not allowed " he replied as he patted my back.
 
I looked at the door and saw Yuri peek through. She was wearing a green spysuit and she was surrounded by guys too. My gosh. The Archery Club.
 
" What is it? " Mr. Kim asked Yuri.
 
" There's a practice match later at 3 pm. All of us aren't allowed to use real equiptments. That's all! " she announced then walked away.
 
I noticed the guys behind me were looking at her as she passed through.
 
" She's wearing make-up " I muttered.
 
" All the girls here do. Well, except you " Gi Kwang told me with a smirk.
 
" DON'T YOU DARE SMIRK AT ME! THE MOMENT THE REAL GAMES STARTS TWO WEEKS FROM NOW, I'LL PUT ON SOME MAKE-UP AND I'LL MAKE SURE THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO TAKE YOUR EYES OFF ME! " I yelled at him.
 
Then the room went quiet. I realized I was breathing hard. Choi Siwon smiled at me and so did the others.
 
" Remember to be pretty! " Kim Jonghyun said.
 
" If she'll be that pretty, then don't look at her! " Mr. Kim warned.
 
" What if we get distracted too? " Kim Ryeowook asked.
 
" I don't know " Mr. Kim answered with a chuckle.
 
I glanced up at the clock. 2:45 pm. The practice game starts at 3 pm.
 
" Mr. Kim, it's already 2:45. Should we get going? " I asked him.
 
" Hmmm, yes! Everyone! Go to the gymnasium now! " Mr. Kim announced and we all scurried to the gymnasium.
 
- Gymnasium -
 
As we all entered, all the students were looking at us. There were atleast 13 groups including us. The groups and the girls that were targets were posted on the wall.
 
**************************************************************
Clubs and Targets:
 
Glee Club - Jessica (RED)
 
Cooking Club - Dara (PINK)
 
Martial Arts Club - Taeyon (BLUE)
 
Cheerleading Club - CL (YELLOW)
 
Archery Club - Yuri (GREEN)
 
Kendo Club - ~~~~~~~~ (BLACK)
 
Fitness Club - Seohyun (MAROON)
 
Performing Arts Club - Sunny (BROWN)
 
Drama Club - Ga Yoon (VIOLET)
 
Basketball Club - Ji Hyun (SILVER)
 
Volleyball Club - Amber (ORANGE)
 
Baseball Club - Minzy (WHITE)
 
Swords Club - Yoona (GOLD)
*************************************************************
 
" What's wrong? " I asked Kevin who was beside me.
 
" I think the guys are all staring at you " he replied.
 
" No, the girls are all staring at you guys " I told them.
 
" It's normal " they said with a smile.
 
" Excuse me! The practice game will only last for 20 minutes! No real fighting okay! " the school director said over the microphone.
 
All of us nodded. Each club was given our fake equiptments. Ours was a fencing sword made out of foam.
 
" This is stupid " I heard Gi Kwang mutter.
 
" I know " the others replied.
 
Then we all exited the gymansium and headed to different directions. I was the in front of the group when Gi Kwang grabbed my arm and placed me behind him.
 
" What are you doing? " I asked him.
 
" Yah, don't go running in the front 'cause you'll become an easy target! " Gi Kwang replied and the others nodded.
 
" Wait. That's it! " I said as I stopped running.
 
We were already in the school forest. We were all alone.
 
" What do you mean, ~~~~~~~~? " Dong Woon asked me.
 
" For this practice game, I'll make myself an easy target. " I replied.
 
" And why is that? " Lee Jinki asked.
 
" So that they'll think that were easy to eliminate. But in the real game, we'll give our all " I answered.
 
" Agree! " all of them nodded...well, except Gi Kwang.
 
" Let's go " I said then got in the front then ran.
 
As soon as we got out of the school forest, an arrow was shot for me but I easily caught it using my hands. It was also made up of foam. I looked at the source and smiled at the guy who shot the arrow. He quickly lowered his bow and his head.
 
" You're seducing them already? " Kevin asked me.
 
" What? I just smiled at him! " I replied.
 
" So if that's what your smile can do... how much more if you put on some make-up? " Jonghyun asked.
 
" And you caught that arrow easily and effortlessly " Sungmin said.
 
" Instincts " I said then we continued running.
 
After 5 minutes, we arrived at the cooking laboratory. Inside, the guys were holding fake spatulas and knives, they started throwing but we all dodged it easily.
 
Kevin threw his foam sword with all his concentration and it landed on the head of Dara. She smiled and said, " You're good. But watch out for us in the real game "
 
" Us too " I said then we continued running.
 
" Nice throw! " Gi Kwang told Kevin.
 
" Thanks! " he replied.
 
" Okay, so one down. 12 to go " Ryeowook muttered.
 
As we got to the field, the cheerleading club started cartwheeling towards us. Gi Kwang stood in front of me and dodged the guys and headed for CL. It hit her in the thigh.
 
" Congrats " CL said, although she didn't look pleased.
 
" Nice " I told Gi Kwang. He just smirked at me.
 
Then waiting for us in the staircase was the glee club. Jessica was wearing her red attire. She smiled at me. Not sweet.
 
The guys surrounding her blocked her in the front properly. But then behind them, the Martial Arts Club touched Jessica's shoulder.
 
Taeyon smiled at Jessica and said, " You lose "
 
" Whatever! " Jessica yelled at her as her group walked away.
 
Now, were facing the Martial Arts Club. All the guys surrounding her looked fierce. Then I recognized one face.
 
" Doo Joon?! " I managed to say.
 
" Yeah " he said.
 
Then he attacked me. I mean tried to attack me but Jonghyun blocked the way. And while Taeyon was busy blabbering at her other groupmates, Lee Jinki dived on the floor and the tip of the fake sword touched her ankles.
 
" Stupid protectors! " she yelled as the guys lowered their heads.
 
" 20 minutes is over! Proceed to the gymnasium immediately! " the school director announced over the speakers.
 
" Nice job! " I told the guys in my group and they smiled at me. Again, except Gi Kwang.
 
- Gymnasium -
 
All of us were breathing heavily. We were all seated according to our groups. 
 
" Good job, everyone! " the school director announced.
 
" I forgot to tell you that the winner of this hunting will be competing with other schools! " he added.
 
There were whispers of excitement heard from the others.
 
" I don't like to compete with other schools " I muttered.
 
" Why? " Sungmin asked.
 
" Because she's afraid that she won't be able to seduce guys from other schools " Gi Kwang suddenly replied.
 
" WHAT?! No! " I squealed at him. 
 
" It's true right? You can only seduce guys here " he told me.
 
" I'm not even seducing anyone. And how do you know if I am seducing anyone here? " I asked him.
 
He smirked and pointed at the guys in the Archery Club. All of them were looking at me, except Yuri who was sleeping.
 
" Man, they'll be easy with ~~~~~~~~! " Jonghyun exclaimed.
 
" See? You seduced them already " Gi Kwang smirked again.
 
" Excuse me, I just smiled at them " I defended myself.
 
" I'm so afraid " Siwon and Lee Jinki suddenly said.
 
" Why? " It's my turn to ask them.
 
" What if you accidentally seduce us? " they asked me.
 
" I won't be able to! All of you have hot girlfriends right? " 
 
" Actually, were all single " Gi Kwang said to me.
 
" Umm.... don't be distracted by me! " I told them.
 
" Of course you can't seduce or distract me, with that face of yours " Gi Kwang smirked at me again.
 
" What. Did. You. Say.? What's wrong with my face? " I asked him fiercely.
 
" So, you do want to seduce me " he chuckled.
 
" Yeah, because she's a " a female voice suddenly said from behind me.
 
I turned around and saw Jessica sneering at me. Gi Kwang smirked at me. Oh, I'm so dead. Then suddenly, Jessica slapped me.
 
The guys in my group, even Gi Kwang, were shocked.
 
" What was that for? " I asked her.
 
" That's for having all the 8 hottest guys at school protect you " she replied.
 
" It's not like I wanted to, It's just a coincidence " I told her.
 
" I heard that you live alone. Where are your parents? They left you because you're ugly right? " she said then laughed.
 
I stood up and balled my hands into fists.
 
" You, don't you dare talk to me like that. Especially asking about my parents. You don't know anything about me. And no one calls me ugly except guys. Because if a girls says ' you're ugly ' to other girls, it just means one thing. And that is you're jealous about them. " I told her.
 
" Should I be afraid? " she asked with a fake expression.
 
" Yeah. Because were here for her " the guys said as they all stood up. Except Gi Kwang again. Leave it to him to ruin everyhting. That's what he's good at anyway.
 
" Oh, really? Look at Gi Kwang oppa! He's not even standing to support you, ! " Jessica squealed.
 
" Who said I'm not here for her? " Gi Kwang said as he finally stood up and looked at her fiercely.