do you love me?

endless mondays.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOOOU, MEORIBUTEO BALKEUTKKAJI DA SARANG SEUROWO~

Kim Jongkook’s voice roared through the speaker of his phone. Minho wakes up groggily as he turns off his alarm. It’s Monday. He hates Monday. Everybody hates Monday. It’s the first day of the week, first day of school, first step to hell. That’s Monday. To sum it up, it’s winter, where it’s below 10 degrees outside, all he will stepped on is snow. And he can’t ride his bike to school. Or school bus. He has to walk. Through snows and cold winds. How merciless God to him. Oh wait, that’s sarcasm.

He stomps to the bathroom for a hot shower. He turns on the shower, letting the water runs freely on his bare skin. It’s nice to be in a small steamy room for a few minutes before heading out to the cold surroundngs later on. After cleaning himself and putting on 5 layers of clothes—his mother forced him to, insisting he will catch a flu if he doesn’t—he steps out of his house with a gloomy expression.

Just after he walked a few steps and closing the front fence, his cellphone rings pretty loudly. He forgot to put it on silent mode. Thank god nobody’s on the street but him.

Minho-yaaa...!” That nasal voice.

“Jinri.”

Minho-ya neon eodi isseoyooo? I’m already on the first crossing! Let’s meet up here!”

“If that’s what you want. Wait for me.” He smiles.

Neee.. Gidarilkeyo! Ppyong~

He chuckles after flipping close his phone. Every male students in his school has girlfriend. Well, not every but mostly. And he wants to join the pack. It’s cool you know, to walk with your girlfriend to school hand-in-hand, passing the front gate, having everyone swooning over ‘how cute you guys look together’, and the fame that you gain if you’re dating is just priceless. Sunbaes, hubaes, seongsaengnims, practically everyone will know your existence.

Minho is pretty famous at school. He’s the soccer captain, though it’s snowing so the training and practices were all suspended. He’s pretty brilliant at class, not brilliant enough to be on the top spot, but smart enough to stay at the top ten.

But he wants another popularity. Curious, young, and reckless, he wants to try having a girlfriend. Being 17, he never had any girlfriends before. Having called ‘green’ by his peers, he stepped out and dated the tallest girl in the class, Choi Jinri. He didn’t know it back then why he picked her. Maybe because their heights are suitable, or they were both the most handsome and beautiful. He didn’t know it.

It started a year ago when he randomly walked into her seat and after a small talk she said yes and that made them official. Nothing romantic, nothing special.

But they were still together right now.

***

“Minho-ya!”

Minho turns back, only to see his girlfriend waving her hands at him. She looks stunning as always. She’s wearing a white coat and holding a small brown lunchbox

“Jinri.”

“Minho-ya, let’s walk to school shall we?” She smiles as she linked their hands together, crossing the first crossing.

“Jinri.”

“Hmm?”

“Why do you wear white today? I mean, you’re not gonna camouflage in the snow right?”

She laughs heartily before slapping his left hand softly.

“Of course not! It’s just it’s winter, it’s Monday!”

“You love a cold Monday, don’t you?” He snorts.

“Uhuh. Why won’t I?”

“Well, why?”

“It’s because... Secret!”

“Aigoo~” Minho shook his head.

She laughs.

“Ya, Minho-ya... Do you love me?”

***

WOOOU, MEORIBUTEO BALKEUTKKAJI DA SARANG SEUROWO~

Minho jumps out his bed and turn off his alarm. How annoying to hear Kim Jongkook’s nasal voice roaring at 7 AM in the morning! He rushes to go to shower before scrambling through his desk to find his math problems from last week that he has to hand in today.

“Eommaaaa!” He shouts.

“Eo! Wae geurayo Minho-ah? Don’t speak too loud! You’ll disturb the whole neigh—“

“Eomma, do you see my math homework?”

“How am I supposed to know where it is! You just finished it yesterday!”

“Yesterday? Ya! Eomma! Are you hallucinating? I finished it on Sunday, you saw it! Yesterday was Monday and I went home late!”

“Ya! How come you accuse me for hallucinating? Yesterday was Sunday!” His mother stomps out angrily.

“Aish! Hyuuung! HYUUNG!” He shouts, calling out for his hyung.

“Ya! Shikkeuro! I want to sleep again, my class starts at 9!” His hyung snapped.

“Ya! Siwon hyung! Ya! It’s Tuesday right?”

“Tomorrow? Ne.”

“I mean today! Today is Tuesday right?!”

“Are you sick bro? Because even the calendar screams it’s Monday today.” His hyung slams the door shut before heading out to bed again.

Minho rushes to his calendar only to have the big paper laughing at his face because it’s clearly stated, it’s Monday.

His cellphone rings.

“Eo.”

Minho-yaa! Let’s meet up in—“

“The first crossing, I know. I’ll get there as soon as possible.” He hangs p before ehading out of his house gloomily.

***

He arrives at the first crossing in no time, having his girlfriend waving her hands ather.

Yesterday really replay itself. She wears white coat, with brown lunchbox. Even her hair is done on the same way.

She links her hands with him.

“Jinri.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you realize?”

“Realize what?”

“It’s Monday again!”

“Huh? What are you talking about?!”

“It’s Monday again!”

“It’s Monday, but not again. Yesterday was Sunday, remember? We went to the noraebang with Kibum and Jinki! Ppyong~”

Oh right. We sang, Jinki won, he treated us popsicles.

“Really?”

“You’re not amnesia right?” She laughs, hugging him a little.

“I’m not..”

“By the way, Minho-ya..”

“Hmm?”

“Minho-ya... Do you love me?”

That question. Again.

***

WOOOU, MEORIBUTEO BALKKEUTKKAJI DA SARANG SEUROWO~

“Oh God.” Minho wakes up, prying all blankets, pillows, and sleeping articles brom his body. He rushes to the calendar.

Please let it be Tuesday..

“Minho-ya ireonaseyooo~ It’s Monday! And you’re running late!” His eomma’s voice rang through the house.

This ain’t gonna be good.

***

It has been a week, all Monday. He can answer all physics problems without even counting, he remembers the answers.

He can points out the differences between Napoleon and Abel Tasman during history without the teacher explaining, he remembers the reasons.

It’s really scary, how you could experience the same day again and again.

But only 1 question he never answers throughout the whole Monday.

Minho-ya.. Do you love me?

***

WOOOU, MEO—

Before Kim Jongkook even say the first line, he tuns off his alarm. He is already awake for an hour.

He glances at the calendar on his right.

Monday.

He wants to cry and scream, and  just die. Monday never haunts him this bad.

He felt his cellphone vibrating,

“Hello? Jinri? You wanna meet at the first crossing, right?”

“Eo? How do you know?!”

“...I have my ways.” He smiles weakly.

Okay... Ppaliwa! Ppyong~”

The first crossing, the Ppyong, and the questions she gave him every Monday. It’s scary, it kept repeating.

He finishes showering and dressing up in a straight 5 minutes.

He rushes to the first crossing. He gave Jinri a small hug before claping their gloved hands together.

“Oh, so fast.” Jinri commented.

He laughs.

“It’s not good to keep a girl waiting on a cold day.”

She smiles and walks closer to his side.

“Jinri.”

“Hmm..”

“Why do you wear white today, on a cold winter day, specifically on Monday?”

“It’s—“

“Please don’t say it’s a secret..” He stops.

Jinri sighs. A white misty cloud appears from her nose as she exhales.

“It’s because Monday, on a cold winter day, was the day when you walk to my desk and confessed. And you were wearing white that day.” She smiles before pausing.

“....Minho-ya?”

“...?”

“..Do you love me?” She asks.

He stops walking before staring deep into her hazel orbs.

I do.

Say ppyong,” he said.

“Ppyong~” She smiles.

And that always makes him feels better and willing to have another Monday.

I’d love to see you and your Ppyong again and again.

***

He gets dressed before evn his alarm rings, knowing it’s going to be Monday again. And his guess was right. It’s Monday again. It’s the fifteenth Monday he experienced.

He rushes to the first crossing, realizing he’s too early. It’s still 8.

Before he had the chance to call Jinri, he saw a girl crossing the street with a white coat and brown lunchbox.

“Jinri!”

She turns back to see Minho jumping like an idiot.

“Eo? How come you know I’m coming here?” She chuckles.

“Telepathy?” He an eyebrow.

“Aish~”

“Ppyong~” He whispered in her ear.

“What? Minho-ya, are you nuts?”

“No, I’m sure I’m not. Ppyong~”

She laughs.

“Ne, ne.. Ppyong~” She sticks out her tongue.

He laughs and held her hands while they crossed the first crossing.

“Minho-ya...”

“Hmmm...?”

“...do you love me?

He paused.

He always said he loves her, and the Monday always repeats.

Should I say no? Just for once? So everything will go back to normal?

“Do I love you..?” He asks.

She nods as she stops walking.

Yes, or no?

He breathes in before whispering slowly.

Actually, I really do but... “I don’t.” He exhales heavily.

Please let it not be Monday forever.

She looks at him with misty eyes before taking out a box from her brown lunchbox.

The covers turns misty as it comes in contact with the cold air.

She blows wind on the lid before writing something on that.

“I thought you do, Minho-ya.”

“Ya.. Ya! Jinri!”

“I really thought you do. Do love me.” She said as tears trickle down her misty eyes.

“I.. I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean it Jinri..”

She shook her head before whispering to his ears.

but I do love you.

She walks away.

“Ya! Jinri!”

Before he is able to catch her back, he heard screeching sound, and in a matter of seconds the white snow turns crimson.

“J-jinri..?”

He runs to see her sprawled on the ground, with bloods oozing out from her whole body.

“J-jinri.. Jinri..” He pulls her body softly and lay her on his lap.

“Jin... You know I love you right?”

 

No answer.

 

Her coat turned from white to pink, from pink to crimson.

“Jinri...?”

He glances at the box she gave to him a while ago.

Written on her breath,

jinri loves minho, ppyong~

 

I do love you Jinri.

***

WOOU, MEORIBU—

He jumps out of his bed as he runs to see the calendar.

It’s Tuesday.

He runs with his pajama still on to the first crossing, only to find nobody on the lone street.

“Jinri...?”

 

Out in the cool breeze that blows softly over his head,

He can hear a small voice blows together with the wind, whispering slowly on his ears,

 

Minho-ya... do you love me?