Chapter 2

A Fangirl's Fantasy

I love foreign food, unfortunately all we had was a China Buffet. There were a few other customers in the restaurant besides my family. An older couple was in the corner talking and eating quietly, another family of four was laughing and play fighting in the middle, and we were off to the side, the boys heavily into their pig-out session, while mom and I talked about school.

 

The bell on the door rang to let a worker go home for the day. When the bell rang a second time, time stopped.  Eventually my family noticed me not moving. “_(your name)_, what’s wrong?” mom asked worriedly. I sat still, staring at the door.

 

“Pinch me,” I said holding my arm out to Jared while maintaining my stare at the door.

 

“Wha..?” he said confused.

 

“Pinch me,” I repeated, this time holding my arm to Jordan. “Ow!” His pinch knocked me into consciousness and I glared at him. Then I smiled the biggest smile in my life, “Thank you! I’m so happy!”

 

“That’s it. She’s gone insane. She was crazy before, but now she doesn’t even live on Earth,” my brothers joked.

 

“It’s not a dream,” I continued talking to myself. I let out a shuddering breath. Then I slapped my face. “Get a grip, I am not some crazy stalker fangeek,” I repeated to myself then took a deep breath and looked back up to see the Korean guys of every fangirl’s fantasy walk to their table across the buffet from me and order their drinks.

 

I almost went back into fangirl hysterics as I watched them.  Chansung and Taecyeon looked at the buffet, glanced at each other, and was the race was on.  Junho yawned and stretched before following them. Junsu took off his coat, his shirt ridding up to offer a peek of abs, before he went to get food. Wooyoung and Nichkhun put their arms around each other’s shoulders, laughing and joking as they advanced toward the buffet tables too.

 

I checked for drool, none yet, awesome. “Mom, I’m going to get food,” I said absently getting up from the table.

 

“But you still have half a plate left,” complained Jordan.

 

“Uh, huh,” I said dreamily, walking towards the buffet tables.

 

“She just wants to hang out with those Asian guys,” stage whispered Jared.

 

“Strange,” mom replied, “she usually doesn’t talk to strangers.”

 

Meanwhile, I couldn’t give a rip what they were saying because I was in heaven. My idols, my loves were here. Real people that walked the same world, that walked and talked and so on. Of course, I knew they were real, but I would never have thought that I would be able to touch them. I guess they were like anime characters to me. Things to be watched, admired, and loved, but from a distance in their own part of reality which would never be my reality. CRACK, our realities met and I couldn’t be happier. I just hoped I wouldn’t say or do something stupid condemning me for life or possibly longer.

 

Who would be best to talk to? Someone who knows English, right? Ok, options down to two. Taecyeon or Nichkhun? I do want to be able to breathe, right? Ok, options down to one. Taec. Hope he likes me.

 

He was over, surprisingly, by the salad. He was alone, thank goodness. Apparently no one else felt up to healthy food when there was so much tastier gop two feet away. I got a plate and started filling it with whatever was nearest. “So, you’re up for salad too?” I said, somewhat stupidly.

 

“Hmm, yeah. Gotta start with a first course,” Taec said unconcernedly.

 

Oh my god. He’s talking. He’s talking to me. Don’t faint and fall over! Don’t scream…

 

“Can I have an… Oh crap, I don’t have paper… God, I don’t have a camera either,” I mumbled.

 

“What’s wrong?” He said, looking at me.

 

“I, uh, annyeonghaseyo oppa,” I blushed and bowed a little, looking at the food.

 

“Ah, a fan,” said Taec, I was still looking at the tomatoes so I couldn’t see his relieved smile.

 

“Hottest,” I said, looking up with a smile.

 

“Do you want to come sit with us? We haven’t seen anyone into Korea lately,” Taec offered.

 

“I can imagine. The population around here is about 99% white with a couple black people. No one is into Asia. The libraries don’t even have manga. You guys must be feeling stifled. Especially since you can’t all speak English very well.” I babbled

 

 Taec nodded. “It would be nice to not be stifled for a bit.”

 

“Let me go tell my family. I’ll be back soon.” I promised.

 

As I walked back to my family, the Hallelujah Chorus going off in my head, I must have looked like a fool. A very happy fool with all her dreams coming true at once.