Surprise

Boomerang [DISCONTINUED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

That day always haunted you, even in your dreams. It was terrible, like a nightmare in reality. You and Yonghwa were broken up for a little over a year and it pained you every single day. You wondered if it hurt him too. Of course he had to put on a happy face since he was always in the spotlight, but he never even called you to see how you were doing. There was no way he was that busy to the point where he couldn't even send you a text. You considered contacting him first, but since he was the one who dumped you it probably wasn't the best idea. To this day, you still don't know what caused him to end four years of love so abruptly. And in such a random way.

You went to check your phone and were shocked to see a new message. It wasn't from him but rather from your mother.

Hi, Yeeun. It's Mom.
I'm going to be in town for a few days and would love to visit you and Yonghwa! I hope everything's going well with the two of you. Please contact me as soon as possible so we can make some plans. 
Can't wait to see you guys. Love you!

"," you muttered. You never told your mother that you and Yonghwa weren't together anymore. You didn't know how to bring it up. There never really was a good time to tell her... or a good way. It hurt even picturing her face once you did break the news to her. 

Your mother adored Yonghwa. Adored him. He was your third boyfriend, longest relationship, and the only one she ever liked. She always pushed for you two to get engaged, but you didn't want to pressure him into it even though you really disagree with the idea. He was a busy man, and you both were a little young to settle down. He was also at the top of his prime so you understood that it wasn't the right time. All you really cared about was his love for you. A ring didn't need to symbolize your love for each other just yet... but it would have been nice since you knew that he was definitely the one.

"Call her," you told yourself out loud. "Call her and tell her the truth. She's going to have to find out eventually. Better do it now before she gets here."

You dialed her number and waited.

"Yeeun!" she chirped.

"Hi, Mom! Are you busy?"

"Oh, hold on dear," she replied as you heard another voice and what sounded like a car door close. The sound of a dog barking soon followed, and you froze. The dog had a very distinguishing bark, almost like he had a sore throat. You've never heard a bark like that before- except for the one next door.

"Mom?" You panicked. Hopefully she wasn't where you thought she was. "Where are you right now?"

Just then, you heard your doorbell ring.

"Oh, you've got

Please log in to read the full chapter