Not That Simple

The Story Of Us

 

it was a fine day in spring, the sun was shining brightly and the flowers were finally blooming, showing what was inside the coloured petals. bomi was sitting on a bench, in a park, a small park, in front of her primary school. she sat there, alone, daydreaming, about why she hasn’t made friends with her schoolmates yet, though it has been two weeks already since she got into the school. while she was busy facing up the cloudy but still shiny sky, a boy got her surprised by speaking with a loud voice.

 

“hey! you are the new girl in the school, aren’t you?” the boy said, with a big grin which could obviously be seen on his kind of unique face.

 

bomi stared at him confusedly, unable to say a word.

 

seeing bomi didn’t react at all, he offered his hand for bomi to shake, “i’m jang dongwoo, and i’m currently in the same class with you. but i suppose, i may be older than you, because it’s exactly like that with the other students.”

 

bomi still stared at him, but she finally could drag herself to say something.

 

“uh... hello there, my name is yoon bomi. nice to meet you.”

 

***

 

bomi was reading her biology book when suddenly a hand tapped her shoulder.

 

“what are you reading, bomi-ah?”

 

it was jang dongwoo, her so called bff. bestfriend forever. she laughed and pushed dongwoo, “can you see it, no? biology. i’m reading biology.”

 

dongwoo nodded and went out from her room before coming back in 5 minutes with some cookies on the plate.

 

“want some?” dongwoo put the plate and on bomi’s desk before taking one cookie and sat comfortably on bomi’s bed.

 

 “who wouldn’t? famous amos is the best!” she closed her books and brought the plate of cookies with her, and sat next to her bestfriend.

 

“so how was your school? you are already a senior in high school now, don’t you have crush on someone?” dongwoo munched the cookies and currently flipping the magazine’s (which happened to be found on bomi’s bed) pages.

 

bomi didn’t answer, she only munched her favourite cookie happily when dongwoo mocked her in a teasing voice, “YA! i was asking you, answer my question please? and could you please stop eating those cookies? you are getting fatter already!”

 

that sentence recieved a glare, a super super super cold glare from the one who got mocked, before they ended up mocking each other for some minutes.

 

being tired of mocking each other, bomi finally said, “okay. okay. i have a crush on someone in my high school.”

 

dongwoo, who was tidying his outfit which was getting dirty because of the cookies’ sprinkles, suddenly stopped the activity he was doing, and stared with wide eyes toward bomi, “WHO?”

 

“lee howon. and surprisingly, he likes me too. he asked me out already.”

 

“and did you say yes?”

 

“i didn’t say anything yet, though i was really really happy when he asked me out. well i guess tomorrow i will give him the answer, too, somehow. what do you think, oppa?”

 

dongwoo smiled, a wise smile, and shook bomi’s shoulders, “it’s up to you.”

 

“does it mean yes, too?”

 

dongwoo shrugged, and bomi rolled her eyes.

 

“that’s a yes, then. YES! oh. anyways, how about you? do you have a crush on someone? is she from the same university as your university too?”

 

“yes and nope.”

 

“WHA? WHAT IS HER NAME?”

 

“secret.” dongwoo showed his teeth, and  laughed his famous laugh.

 

she rolled her eyes and picked up another cookie, “no fun. you – no – fun.”

 

***

 

dongwoo felt his phone vibrating when he was in the middle of a boring class.

 

From: Yoon Bomi. 09:05 AM; aye, oppa! we are officially dating~ ^^

 

dongwoo groaned softly showing his a not-so-amused face, and typed a message for the reply.

 

To: Yoon Bomi. 09:07 AM; congrats! so happy for you, fatty!

 

From: Yoon Bomi. 09:16 AM; fatty what fatty! i’ll tell hoya to teach you some lessons!

 

dongwoo sighed. he didn’t reply the message, instead, he bent down his head, and a tear streamed down on his cheek.

 

***

 

the message dongwoo recieved when he was in the class was the last message he recieved from her for the remaining two months. in the long two months, there was no text, no mocking at each other, no visiting each other’s place. dongwoo felt lonely. he missed his bomi. his bestfriend, whose usually came on 5PM everyday to cook him dinner. he missed hearing bomi’s endless nags for her y friends at school. he missed calling bomi ‘fatty’. he missed going out with her. he missed to know that he was the one who comforted bomi when she was feeling down, and else. basically, he just missed everything about bomi.

 

dongwoo let out a big sigh, before picking out a cigarette from his trousers’ left pocket and lighted it up. he was a mess. a big mess ever since his bestfriend left her. he sat on the bar near his flat, and ordered a martini.

 

***

 

it didn’t last so long, though. bomi and howon’s relationship lasted for 7 months. a killing 7 months for dongwoo. it was raining heavily outside dongwoo’s flat, and dongwoo was daydreaming and staring to the crowd through his flat’s crystal window when he heard a rushed knock on his flat’s door. being the screwed up person, dongwoo lazily walked toward the door and opened the door. much to his surprise, bomi was standing right there, hair didn’t combed properly, her light make up was screwed, her eyes were swollen.

 

dongwoo was still staring at her wide-eyed, before he dragged her in and closed the door. when he was about to say something, bomi already hugged him really tight. she was sobbing hardly in his hug, and the still surprised dongwoo only managed to caress her back.

 

after a surprising 15 minutes, bomi managed to say something.

 

“howon.... he was already with another girl before he asked me out. and i.. being a stupid girl i was, managed to find that news out one day ago. i was hoping it was only a stupid stupid stupid stupid news, but it was true. i saw him holding another girl’s hand romantically this morning,” bomi sobbed in her words, “what am i going to do, oppa?”

 

dongwoo smiled a caring smile, which bomi missed the most.

 

“go shower and change your outfit, i guess i still have your clothes on the white cupboard. let’s talk it when you have showered.”

 

bomi nodded and did what dongwoo said.

 

while waiting, dongwoo made a cup of hot milk for bomi and a cup of coffee for himself. he was drinking his hot coffee when bomi sat in front of him with a fresh face and body, though her eyes were still swollen.

 

both of them drank their own drink and dongwoo, being the good bestfriend he was, he answered all of bomi’s questions and tried to lighten up bomi’s mood. it worked, somehow.

 

after chatting for a good 40 minutes on the dining table, they moved to the comfy sofa on the living room while watching a romance film.

 

“so what do you want me to do something for that little piece of ?” dongwoo said, with a big grin.

 

bomi laughed, “nah. you don’t have too. let him be.”

 

dongwoo pouted but nodded as well. he went to the kitchen to grab the pizzas he bought earlier when bomi said she was hungry. they ate happily, they started to mock each other again, teased each other again when finally both of them were yawning because it was already 11PM. bomi asked whether dongwoo allows her to sleep with him for the night or not, and dongwoo couldn’t be happier than that, he immediately said yes. when they were finally laying beside each other on the bed, dongwoo asked something to bomi.

 

“do you still want to know the answer to your question back then? the ‘do you have a crush on someone?’ question?”

 

bomi turned to face him, “yes! of course. who is that lucky girl?”

 

dongwoo laughed. a good laugh. a laugh which brought a smile on bomi’s face.

 

“it’s you, silly. isn’t it obvious, no?”

 

bomi’s eyes widened in shock but she smiled the most beautiful smile dongwoo ever seen and grinning widely.

 

“be my girlfriend, bomi-ah?” dongwoo hugged bomi tight, and later, he could feel his shirt soaked a bit because of bomi’s tears. “why are you crying too?” dongwoo pouted.

 

bomi managed to release herself from dongwoo’s reassuring hug and hit his chest softly, “why are you so kind?”

 

dongwoo laughed for the nth times, and grinned, “i’ll take that as a yes.”

 

he hugged her again, and slowly closed his eyes, drifting himself to the dreamland. but before that, he whispered something, softly, too soft actually, but still audible because it was comfortably really quite in dongwoo’s bedroom.

 

“i will really take care of you, yeah? i love you, silly.”

 

and some words, the reply of what he whispered latter; were said from bomi’s mouth, which made him feel like the happiest man in the world.

“i will try to love you too, as well.

 

---

omg. i have finally finished this one-shot. this will be my first ever finished story.

 

I FEEL LIKE CRYING. SOBS.

 

anyways, thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting! i love you guys.