Chapter 1

Video Games

Gilbert and Alfred were currently battling it out Call of Duty style on the Playstation 3. They were currently playing Nazi Zombies which surprisingly to Alfred, Gilbert didn't find in poor taste. That was one of the things Alfred found great about Gilbert. He wasn't one to take things personally like other people he knew.

Alfred wasn't really popular amongst the other nations. For then he was too loud, obnoxious, or simply just annoying. Alfred loved to make people happy and tried his hardest, but it just seemed that he made people hate him more.

But not Gilbert. Sure, the other was cocky and had a huge ego, but it just seemed that he understood Alfred better than anyone. When they were together, they  were able to just have fun, and neither of them had to fake a smile or a laugh to make it seem as if they were ago. All the emotions they shared with each other were real and unforced.

It was refreshing, for the both of them.

Both of the men let out a defeated groan or scream when they died on the eleventh round.

"Damn it we were so close to beating our record!" Alfred whined. Gilbert simply grinned. "Oh well, there is always next time." He said leaning back against the couch.

"I guess you're right..." Alfred muttered though he was still sulking, having an apparent pout on his face.

Gilbert glanced at him for a moment. "In the meantime...Come here." He said, extending his arms out to the other. Alfred glanced at him a moment before giving a small, slightly embarrassed smile and moving closer to the other. Gilbert wrapped an arm around the American and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips. Alfred returned the kiss without hesitation, but shifted uncomfortably when Gilbert suddenly dragged him down onto the couch. It took a moment for the American to adjust to now being on top of the former nation, but neither broke the kiss once.

When air was needed, Alfred pulled away akwardly. "What was that?" The other asked with a small smile.

Gilbert shrugged. "Nothing, just felt like holding you..." He muttered, gently the American's cheek. Alfred puffed out his cheeks a bit. "What, you don't think I'm too fat to be on top of you like this, do you?" he muttered quietly, half teasing and half annoyed. He was very sensitive about his weight thanks to certain nations, such as Arthur and Francis constantly teasing him. Though if he was overweight, he didn't want to crush Gilbert...

"Ah-you're right, I can't breathe!" Gilbert said making a choking noise. This made Alfred gasp and shoot up away from Gilbert, only to be pulled back down again. "I'm kidding, relax Allie, you're not killing me or anything. As a matter of fact, I rather like this position..." Gilbert said, gently the others' side with a cocky grin on his face.

Albert glared at him. "Aha-not funny, and don't call me that, it makes me sound like a girl or something." He muttered as he rolled his eyes at the Prussian but kissed his nose to signal forgiveness.

"Mmm, but I like that name, because I'm the only one allowed to call you that." He said as he grabbed the others' hand and gently squeezed it. Alfred sighed. "There simply is no reasoning with you." The American said with a grin as he rested his head on Gilbert's chest. It looked as if he was about to fall asleep.

"Alfred?"

"Hm?"

Gilbert could tell he was on the course to dreamland. The Prussian was quiet for a moment before gently squeezing his hand again. "...Ich liebe dich."

Though the other was already asleep. Damn it, he just wished he could say the words when he was awake...