Chapter 1

LoNeLy

"Chaerin, why don't you go outside and play with those kids?" my omma asked me as she dried her hands with a  cloth. I kept silent as I stared out the window.

"Chaerin?"

"Yes omma?" I asked back as if I didn't hear what she said earlier. "Why don't you go outside and play with the other kids?" "Nevermind omma, I'll just go upstairs," I said as I got up from the chair then headed to my room. I closed the door then went to lay down on my bed.

"I want friends...but I don't want to go outside. I think I'd rather be lonely then be with any friends..," I said in my head as I rolled to the other side of my bed. My phone then vibrated so I picked it up. I looked at the caller ID. Dara Park :). I put down the phone. She was one of my best friends in my old neighborhood. I haven't talked to her for so long and this is the first time she had called me for the past 4 years.

I got up of my bed then went downstairs. "Where are you going Chaerin?" my mum asked me when I was about to exit the house. "The park...," I said as I froze at the doorway. "To play?" she added. "Yeah...to play...," I replied as I left the house.

I walked to the park and sat under a tree. I watched all the girls play. They were all pretty and had red, blonde and black hair. One girl with black hair in a high ponytail was staring at me. She had very pale skin and red lips. "Psst, look at her. She seems so lonely. How bout we give her a little visit?" I heard her say to the other girls as they walked towards me.

"Hey lonely kid, what's your name?"

"Why must you know?" I answered back rudely looking at the ground.

"Hey, don't be mean!"

"I'm not being mean. Don't try to create a problem here," I replied standing up.

"Fine, I'll make it easy for you. I'm Ahn Sohee, you?" she said, her head high in the air as she folded her arms.

"Chaerin," I said throwing a stick at her.

"Hey!" she screamed jumping in the air. I showed my tounge at her then left. It's only a stick. How pain can it be. I shrugged as I hurriedly ran back home before that caused any more trouble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________