Yoseob, You're the Only One for Me~

I Like You the Best

                “Nan niga jeil joa, niga jeil yeppeo. Jina ganeun gotgot maeryeogi da heulreo. Niga jeil joa, neo hanamyeon dwae. Gaseume saegyeo dwo niga sesang eseo jeil sojunghae.”

                Junhyung heard Yoseob singing in his soft and sweet voice as the singer tidied up the dorm’s living room. The rapper was in the bedroom, thinking of lyrics for new songs.

                “Every time I like you, woah-oh, woah-oh,” Yoseob continued. “Oh my love for you, neobakken eobseo nan. I belong with with you, woah-oh, woah-oh. Crazy love for you, neobakken eobseo nan.”

                Junhyung stared at his sheet of paper, no longer weaving words for lyrics but instead listening intently to the boy as he sang on. They were the only ones in the dorm, since the four other members had individual schedules to attend. Aside from the noise of glassware being moved, plastic bags crinkling, and cabinet doors swinging open and closed, Yoseob’s voice was the only sound to be heard in the whole dorm.

                “Neo ddaemuningeol, neo molreulnungeol, harujongil ahmugutdo halsu eobseo eoddokhe,” Yoseob sang in full blast, moving to a different song. “Algo itnungeol, sarangirangeol, nae gyeote isseojo nae sojunghan neon my girl. Na ijae neoman barabolgae oh my shiny girl.”

                “Yah, Yoseob! Could you lower it down?” Junhyung yelled jokingly. He didn’t really want Yoseob to stop singing or lower his voice, he just felt it necessary to joke around with him. Most of the time Yoseob wouldn’t obey anyway and he’d even sing louder.

                “Okay, sorry hyung!”

                There was silence in the dorm, and Junhyung frowned. Maybe he shouldn’t have said anything after all. He leaned forward and heard light humming from outside the bedroom, and he smiled again. Shaking his head, Junhyung turned back to his work. The one time Junhyung was actually joking with Yoseob, he actually does what he’s told. Pabo~

                Somehow he couldn’t revert his focus back to song lyrics. He looked at the words he’d written and stared at them as if they were in an entirely different language. Sighing, he put away his notebook and pen and took a book instead. Junhyung lay on his bed, reading away, his whole being now focused on the story.

 

                Later on he felt weight shifting on his bed. He put the book down and jerked when he saw Yoseob’s bright little face peering at him so closely.

                “What the heck?” Junhyung put a hand over his chest, truly surprised by the younger one’s sudden appearance next to him.

                “Hyuuuung,” Yoseob whined. “I’m tired.” He pouted and propped his chin up on his hands as he lay on his stomach in Junhyung’s bed.

                “It’s 9:30 in the morning, how can you be tired?”

                “That’s because I came home late last night, remember? And I only got two hours of sleep when everyone else woke up because the members had their schedules to go to. Then I cleaned the dorm, and don’t you think that’s tiring?”

                Junhyung knew it was tiring. Labeled as the mommy of the group, he’d had many encounters with cleaning up the chaos of the dorm, and was silently thankful that Yoseob volunteered to do the task that morning. “What time did you come in last night?” he asked, only to continue the conversation. Of course he knew what time Yoseob’s tiny stature crept into the bedroom early that morning. Everyone else was asleep but he wasn’t, and he’d heard the boy’s frequent sighing as he changed into pajamas, climbed up to his bed on the top bunk, and tried to sleep. Yoseob was awake for a long time, singing to himself softly and stopping for a moment when one of the sleeping members stirred and made the bed creak. Junhyung had been awake that whole time as well, listening to the soft, somewhat sad, voice for hours before it came to a halt and was replaced by light snoring.

                Yoseob ignored the question, perhaps already knowing that Junhyung was perfectly aware of the answer. “Hyung, can I sleep?”

                “Sure, kid.” He put the book back in front of his face. “Your bed’s right over there.”

                “My bed’s far away. Can I sleep here?”

                Junhyung tilted his head and looked at Yoseob, who looked back with tired eyes. “Sleep on Dongwoon’s bed, not mine.” Gently he pushed Yoseob to the bed right beside his.

                “No, I want to sleep here.” Yoseob rolled back on his stomach, inching closer to Junhyung.

                “Fine. But the moment you drool, I’m kicking you out.”

                “Yay!” The younger one snuggled closer to Junhyung and even rested his head on the older boy’s chest. “I won’t drool, I promise.” He draped an arm over Junhyung’s stomach and closed his eyes.

                Junhyung looked down at him with dismay but allowed the boy to do as he pleased. He read a few more paragraphs of his book, completely aware of the boy close to dozing off right next to him. Softly, he sang what Yoseob had been singing earlier. “Nan niga jeil joa, niga jeil yeppeo. Jina ganeun gotgot maeryeogi da heulreo. Niga jeil joa, neo hanamyeon dwae. Gaseume saegyeo dwo niga sesang eseo jeil sojunghae.”

                Yoseob’s head bobbed up and down slowly to the song and he smiled.

                “Every time I like you.”

                “Woah-oh, woah-oh,” he continued quietly.

                “Oh my love for you.”

                “Neobakken eobseo nan.”

                “I belong with you.”

                “Woah-oh, woah-oh.”

                “Crazy love for you.”

                Yoseob didn’t answer as he was finally asleep. Junhyung looked down at his calm sleeping face and unconsciously ran his fingers through the boy’s hair. “Neobakken eobseo nan. You’re the only one for me.”

 

------------------

a/n: I really enjoyed writing this story, even if it's really short. :D I Like You the Best is one of my favorite songs from Beast <3 The other song that Yoseob was singing is Because of You, also one of my faves. :)
I hope you enjoyed reading this oneshot! Comments are always loved. ;) xD