Happy Birthday!

The Three Wishes

*Saengil chukha hamnida – Happy Birthday (formal)

*Gwenchana – It’s okay

*Arasso- alright/okay

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Narrator’s POV:]

*Seriously? She can see me?* you thought. You tried waving your hand in front of her continuously until the old lady was mad and shouted, “Stop it. I’m going blind soon.” After saying, she turned, her back facing you. In a moment, she became somehow like a “fairy”. You were so shocked that you walked backwards, getting further and further away. What surprised you more was that wings appeared behind her back and she sparkles everywhere she go, just like a firefly, glowing brightly everywhere. “So.” Her voice cracked a bit. She adjusts and started speaking again. “So, hi! My name is Charlie the fairy! I know your name is Miyeon.” She pointed everywhere in the air *as if there’s a computer right in front her, knowing everyone’s profile and lifestyle and stuff.* You thought.

“Yes! There’s a computer right in front me! I can read your mind! It’s just that you aren’t able to see that. I’m currently having the mission on serving 100 masters. According to my computer, you are my 100th master! So! I am here to grant you three wishes! No matter how difficult or impossible it is, I, the Charlie the fairy will help you to fulfill it!” She grinned from ear to ear. It was really amusing to you. A fairy? Flying everywhere right in front of you? Isn’t this just like a fairytale? Is this a joke or something? Questions filled your mind.

“I am here to grant you 3 wishes! I’m so sorry for what had happened to you..” She pointed at your body that is lying unconsciously.

An idea struck your head. “You said you can grant me three wishes?” You asked. “Uhm.”

“So.. Make me alive again. Please. I need to celebrate my brother’s birthday with him. He doesn’t know how to take care of himself.”

“This is really easy! I can make you alive again. But ….”

“But what?” you asked impatiently, hoping that there will not be any bad things happening.

“But… to your disappointment… If I grant your wish, you aren’t 100% human. That’s because according to our heaven’s rules, you would only have 10 years’ time to live. After 10 years, you will slowly disappear in this human world.” She explained to you the really absurd “rule”.

*What? Only 10 years? This is seriously absurd. After 10 years, I am only 31 years old! Whatever, all I want now is to see Gongchan.*

“Okay. Please grant my wish now.” You accepted the reality without hesitation.

Charlie granted your wish really fast. You saw her trying to put her right hand into her invisible “pocket” and took out a really big pen, with the name “memory eraser”. You saw how she erased the passer-bys and the people crowding around your body in awe. It was really awesome. You felt really tired suddenly and closed your eyes. Actually you fell asleep under Charlie’s special command.

You were having a headache. You can’t stand it and woke up, you saw yourself already at home with your cake on the table beside you. You smiled. *Finally. Home. The best place.* Charlie suddenly appeared in front of you, causing you almost falling down your bed.

“Yeah?”

“I came back here to tell you when you want to find me just say the command ‘boom shakalaka’ or call out my name and I’ll be at your side right away! BYE!” She said and disappeared once again.

You sigh and walked out of your room and went out of your room with the cake you bought for Gongchan. You walked down the stairs and saw a figure sitting on the sofa. Thinking that it was Gongchan, (even though you thought it was strange for him wearing a cap), you went to the kitchen to the fridge, placing the cake into the fridge and talked to the “Gongchan” who was wearing a cap, “Gongchan-ah, noona bought you your birthday cake. *Saengil chukha hamnida!” You walked over to the sofa and realised you saw a stranger.

“AHH!!!” You screamed at the top of your lungs. “Who are you?” You shivered and took a pot from the kitchen for self-protection, thinking that he’s going to hurt you.

Before he open his mouth to speak, Gongchan stomped down from the toilet to where the both of you are. He saw the pot that you were holding and went to you, snatched the pot from you and put it down on the table. “Wow noona. Your voice.. is really loud. And, don’t scare my hyung. Hyung, don’t mind my noona. She’s just scared of strangers.” Gongchan talked to you and turned to his hyung.

“*Gwenchana.  Anyway, anneonghaseyo. I am Jinyoung, Gongchan’s senior in school.” Jinyoung introduced himself to you.

You melted at his angelic voice even though you barely you know him. You came back to your senses, “ah.. anneonghaseyo. I am Miyeon, nice to meet you Jinyoung-sshi.” You shyly looked at him and is embarrassed at the same time for what had happened just now.

Gongchan can’t stand the awkwardness between you and Jinyoung, and quickly put his both hands over the both of you, closing the distance between you and Jinyoung, “Be comfortable. Noona, Jinyoung hyung is going to come our house really often. So make more snacks from now on.”

“*Arasso. Let’s go cut the cake now.” You nodded your head at his request and walked over to the kitchen and took out the cake.

“WOW noona. Thanks for this super cute cake. So both of you sing the birthday song for me.” He glued his eyes at the cake all the time.

Both you and Jinyoung sang the birthday song awkwardly. *Gongchan didn’t invite people to his birthday it’s because he knows that you don’t like crowds.*

Gongchan made his wish. *I wish noona and I will be happy forever. I wish our parents in the heaven are well now. I wish for world peace.* He made his wishes and blew the candles and clapped his hand just like a kid. You shook your head at him, sighing. *Forever my little brother.*

You cut the cake perfectly, giving Gongchan the biggest piece. You gave Jinyoung one too, he smiled. “Kamsamnida Miyeon-sshi, nice cake by the way.” He thanked you as he ate the cake deliciously.

“You can call me Miyeon from now on, you don’t have to be that formal.”

“You can call me Jinyoung too. Wait, I heard from Gongchan you are one year younger than me, so call me Jinyoung oppa. Remember to make nice snacks for me from now on. I’m going to drop by here to teach Gongchan his school work everyday.” He munched at the cake as he talked.

“Arasso.” You laughed at his face.

“What? Is my face dirty?” Jinyoung raised his brows at you.

“Neh.” You controlled your laughter and took the initiative to help him wipe away the cream on his face.

*Interesting. Gotta know more about her.* He smirked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HELLO EVERYBODY ^^ I HAVE FINALLY STARTED WRITING THIS STORY. I'M HAVING EXAMS FROM TMR ONWARDS, SO I WILL UPDATE WHEN I CAN. THANKS FOR READING! ^^ AND POSTER COMING SOON! :) PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT AND VOTE!  THANK YOU! ^^; *90 DEGREES BOW*