1st floor- the climb starts

The climb

 

“Yuri! Don’t go!”

“I have to! I need to know who I am.”

“But, aren’t you happy now?”

“NO! I might be a princess or the daughter of the CEO of a huge company and I might not even know it!”

“But-but…”

“Goodbye, Yoona.”

--

Yoona opened her eyes, Yuri wasn’t there. She was still recovering from the impact earlier on. Just what was so strong, strong enough to send her flying? But more surprisingly, Yuri wasn’t there. Where could she be? Panic struck her and she found herself worrying. Just where was Kwon Yuri!?

Yuri stood dizzily, she too was recovering from the impact. The impact from an energy source so strong enough to send her to somewhere else: somewhere dark, somewhere, out of the universe. With her legs still shaking, Yuri walked over to a faint light in the distance.

“You must have really strong will to be able to open the door on your own. Tell me, my child, what you seek.”

“Yes, I wish to seek knowledge of my family.”

“Are you sure about this? Many people seek for what they want here, and most of them died before they are even halfway.”

“Yes, I am sure about this and I am confident I will be able to find the answer that I seek.”

“Alright then, I am Sergeant Jessica, the headmistress of the first floor. You may compare my position to the judge of auditions for singing competitions or talent shows. Your first mission is called ‘ball’. It’s simple; you just need to make that red ball pop. However, Yonghwa will be there to guard the ball. If you’re lucky, you won’t die on your first mission but Yonghwa has been starving for days. Good luck, kiddo.”

“Yonghwa?”

“That!”

Sergeant Jessica pointed to creature in a gigantic cage. That was Yonghwa, the flower dragon. He is known to be a gentleman but when he is hungry, he can be your worst nightmare. The dragon was blue in colour. He was at least the size of a 20 storey building, with fat limbs and a seemingly dangerous set of teeth. There was a pair of wings folded by the side of his body and a long tail with a pointy tip—which might remind you of the devil.

 

Yuri was taken aback, she feared but repeated the mantra “I must find my parents.” She took a step forward and then back again.

“You know, to conquer this tower, fear is not an option.” Jessica was laughing, or rather, mocking Yuri. 

"Sergeant Jessica! What are you doing!?" 

"Princess Seohyun, as you can see, I am testing this newcomer." 

"'Ball' in the first round? And Yonghwa being the guard? Have you lost your mind? This girl is obviously just a normal human being."

"She opened the door on her own, have we lost track of that? Besides, aren't you suppose to be training? Where is Hyoyeon? She's suppose to guide you."

"Hyoyeon..err...is...err..."

"She's drinking. Again." Jessica rolled her eyes. This was a half question half statement, but more towards the statement part. "Princess, if you are worried, why don't you lend this kid a weapon. Say a pocket or the SWAN you've received from the king."

"What!? Jessica-shii, are you out of your mind!? SWAN!? If the king finds out, me, you, Hyoyeon unnie and that girl's head will roll." 

"Well, seems like that lass has to climb this tower without any weapons." The sergeant shrudded her shoulders. Cold would be the best word to describe her.

"Urghh hey you, take this."

"erm..I'm Yuri, Kwon Yuri. Thank you but ...can I? Your heads will...roll?"

"Relax kid, this PRINCESS here is the apple of the king's eye. Take that SWAN and finish this test. Chop chop let's go." The word 'princess' was emphasized with a sarcarstic tone. 

Yuri grabbed the SWAN and entered the cage. The only way out is by bursting the ball, or being eaten.

 


 

A.N:So this is the first chapter. Short, I know. Term break is coming so maybe then I'll have a wee bit more time than usual. Sorry in advance if updates are slow. Besides, the update dynamics might increase the no. of subscribers :P Pls leave some love in the comments :3 Critical is welcomed too :)