Final.

Possibilities.

                Himchan slammed his locker with a soft bang. Carefully, he snatched the books he needed for his next class. Literature. He grabbed a book or two, and then dragged his feet slowly to the classroom.

                With a sigh, Himchan tried to remember what his best friend Yongguk always told him. “Everything’s going to be okay. Chill.” By the thought of it, how can he, the thin and fluffy black haired Kim Himchan, relax with the fact that she’s going to sit two rows in front of him?

                During Literature class, Himchan would just stare at her back, thinking how nice it would be to do activities with her, or just simply talk to her. Because as soon as she walked in during first day of school, Himchan knew he couldn’t concentrate at all.

                She was everything Himchan could wish for, yet he felt she was everything Himchan couldn’t have. Himchan was a nobody, whereas she’s the school’s head cheerleader. She’s the school’s miss congeniality, and is drop dead gorgeous. Not to mention funny, sweet, smart...Himchan could go on forever with his list. Really, he couldn’t believe he lost his heart to someone a million steps away, someone so close yet so far, Jeon Hyosung.

                Himchan sometimes decided to go and talk to her, but when he takes one step, he remembers all the problems in the way. For one, Hyosung had a boyfriend. The smart, tacky, school head boy Lee Gikwang. The fact that the both of them had been together since freshman year was a bummer.

                Second, Himchan’s insecurity issues. He might admit that sometimes, only sometimes, he had the guts to go and talk to her, but he couldn’t get himself to do it. Every time he tries and get closer, reason number one gets in the way.

                And third, and definitely not least. Himchan’s status at school. To put it simply, it was as if he was just dust compared to Hyosung, her boyfriend, and their posse. The chance of her noticing him is below negative.

                On the brighter side, Yongguk happened to be a little close to her. Yongguk knew Gikwang since they were young, and that’s the reason why they happened to be good friends. Yongguk spent some night outs with them, along with Hyosung of course. Sometimes Yongguk would go and ask Himchan if he’d like to go with them, but Himchan’s answer would be an immediate no because of reason number two.

                But it was until the next day when the news spread all around their school like a deadly virus.

                Gikwang dumped Hyosung over another girl. They’re officially over.

                The news would probably reach the school paper and as soon as it spread there were gossips everywhere. Hyosung was, yet again, the center of attention. Himchan couldn’t help but feel sorry for the auburn-haired girl with the perfect eye smile, who never had privacy at all.

                Of course Himchan was quite happy to hear that the relationship was over, since he decided Hyosung never looked happy with Gikwang, but of course a part of him was covered with sadness and sympathy for Hyosung and a part of him wanted to tell everyone to leave her alone. But who is he to say that? He’s a nobody.

                As Hyosung walked into class the day after the news has spread, Himchan couldn’t stop looking at her. She was a lot different. Her bright aura vanished, she didn’t smile that much, and it was obvious that she was lost. Absolutely lost. Himchan couldn’t stop thinking what a jerk Gikwang is for dumping Hyosung. Couldn’t he see her worth?

                Like the usual, Himchan watched her back all the way through Literature class but he was right. Everything about her was different now. She wasn’t taking notes, more over she wasn’t paying any attention. She just spaced out the window loads of times, and that’s it. That’s what she did until class ended.

                Dismissal. Himchan grabbed some things from his locker and later on found himself walking back home with Yongguk. Yongguk lives across the street from Himchan’s.

                “It’s awful, you know. Gikwang dumping Hyosung.” Himchan’s eyes widened in shock, thinking Yongguk had just read his mind. Today during the walk back home Himchan decided to be quiet, but then Yongguk said the right thing to say.

                Himchan’s eyes brightened up suddenly. “Yongguk-ah, you’re good friends with Gikwang, right?”

                This time, it was Yongguk’s turn to look at him, alarmed more than ever. “Hey, Kim Himchan, what are you thinking? Are you telling me I should strangle him to death for trashing your dream girl? Hey, hey, that’s not right.”

                “What?!” Himchan bellowed. He couldn’t believe Yongguk said that. He couldn’t believe Yongguk even thought about it. “I wouldn’t do that!”

                Yongguk chuckled awkwardly then. “I know you won’t.”

                There was silence between the two of them. They stopped by Himchan’s front door, their separating place. Yongguk would just cross the street afterwards as soon as Himchan reached his stop, but this time he didn’t.

                “Himchan-ah,” Yongguk called, making Himchan look at him with a questioning look. Then Yongguk continued, “I think it’s time to make your move.” With that, he left.

                Time to make your move? Himchan kept on repeating what Yongguk had said as he placed his bag on his room’s desk. What ‘move’ is Yongguk talking about, exactly? Himchan cursed himself for not asking him. Himchan was certain he knew a lot about what he was talking about, since as soon as he got close to Jieun, also one of Hyosung’s friends, they started dating right away.

                He sat down on the chair and drummed his fingers, thinking. He spent hours staring into space but still no idea crossed his mind. He even skipped dinner to continue thinking, but still there was nothing.

                It was almost midnight when he finally thought of something. Problem is, would she like it?

                The next day, Himchan woke up earlier than usual, ate cereal for breakfast, and left for school. Usually Himchan would go with Yongguk, but today was an exception. He wanted to go to school earlier, and as soon as he did, he went straight to his locker, stacking his books neatly inside.

                Snatching a little piece of sticky note from his pocket, he went straight to Hyosung’s locker and stuck a note in small green paper that said in Himchan’s neat handwriting,  “Smile.”

                Of course he didn’t write his name. He decided it would be embarrassing.

                Thinking he wouldn’t see Hyosung’s reaction as she sees note number one, he went to homeroom: Literature. He opened the classroom door, only to see no one else was there, and yet again stuck note number two on Hyosung’s armchair. A note that said “Keep your head up in the clouds.”

                It was until an hour more when the students started to fill the school. Himchan’s classmates in literature class started to enter, along with her. Hyosung entered the classroom alongside her best friend, Jieun.

                Himchan watched her as she lunged to her seat, but that’s when their teacher, Mr. Park, entered, greeting everyone with a warm hello. But still Himchan watched her. His heart skipped a beat when she snatched the note, reading it, and afterwards, her face relaxing to a smile.

                “This is sweet...” Hyosung muttered softly to herself. Curious, he looked around cautiously, trying to catch who gave it to her. Everyone was doing the same things, may it be listening or just goofing around, but someone caught her eye.

                He had fluffy black hair. He had his head hung down, but Hyosung was certain his cheeks were turning to a blush of pink.

                Hyosung giggled to herself. She knew him, yes. She noticed him as one of Yongguk’s friends, but that’s it. No direct contact whatsoever.

                Turning back her attention to Mr. Park, she chuckled. “Coward...”

                The sound of the ringing bell brought Himchan back to reality. He lazily dragged his feet out of the classroom and onto the cafeteria, where he was always seated with Yongguk. He thought what he did was pretty lame. Yes, last night he thought it would be cute, but now he thinks it’s a total disaster. Yongguk would also think it would be to cheesy.

                Himchan got his tray of food and sat in front of Yongguk, not saying a word. He quickly stuffed his mouth with his favorite meal as Yongguk stared at him in disbelief.

                “Hey, Kim Himchan,” Yongguk called. Himchan looked up at him, his mouth full of food. He used it as an excuse so he couldn’t answer any more of Yongguk’s questions. But Yongguk kept talking. “Did you follow what I said yesterday? What move did you make?”

                Himchan swallowed and opened his mouth to speak, but that’s when Hyosung entered the school cafeteria with Jieun. Again, he was taken aback by her beauty, and Himchan was happy to see her somehow be happier than the time the news has spread. She’s not back to her normal self yet, but at least she’s happier.

                “Unnie,” Jieun poked Hyosung by the arm. “I want to sit beside Yongguk.”

                Searching around the cafeteria for Yongguk, Hyosung caught Himchan’s eye, only to see Himchan drop his gaze and look at a different direction. “Ah, sure,” Hyosung patted Jieun’s head. “I’ll just be around if you need me.”

                Jieun shook his head. She whined. “No, unnie. Come with me. Come on...”

                Hyosung couldn’t say more. She got dragged by Jieun along to Yongguk’s table, only to see Yongguk was not alone. He had someone with him that seemed familiar.

                As soon as the girls reached the table, Hyosung smiled at Yongguk, greeting her with a fine hello, and then looked at Himchan. “Hi.”

                Himchan couldn’t believe it. Jeon Hyosung just greeted him. “Um...hi.” Himchan gave him an awkward wave.

                Jieun, more excited than anyone else, took the seat beside Yongguk, leaving the seat beside Himchan the only seat vacant. “I’m Hyosung,” Hyosung introduced, stretching out her hand in front of Himchan for a friendly handshake.

                Nervously, Himchan grabbed her hand and shook it. “I’m...Kim Himchan.”

                Hyosung pulled her hand back and smiled sweetly at Himchan. “Can I sit with you guys at lunch today?” Hyosung asked them.

                Unsure of what to say, Himchan glanced at Yongguk, who was flashing him his infamous gummy smile. Himchan looked at him, somehow asking for help. Yongguk just mouthed, “Say yes, you idiot!”

                Himchan looked back at Hyosung. “Um...of course.”

                With that, Hyosung sat beside Himchan. Maybe, just maybe, it wasn’t so impossible after all.


so how was it? i hope you all liked it. i put some bangsong and banghim alongside. heheh. :3

please comment, and, um, maybe upvote. thanks!!! :)