[1/1]

Thunder

                It was pitch black in the dorm, except for the strike of lightning that lit up the entire room. Junhong was shivering, beneath a multitude of blankets, trying to block out the sound of the thunder. The storm was so close it roared louder than the music he had full blast in his ears. He finally ripped out the music, climbed off his bunk, and did what he didn’t want to do. He found the newly golden hair of his hyung, and he climbed up his bunk, gently laying down beside him. It was strange how much better he felt already. He closed his eyes, telling himself that Jongup was right there, right beside him.

                Jongup hummed, and Junhong opened his eyes, seeing the older boy had rolled over to face him, his cute mole on his nose pressing against the pillow. Junhong didn’t expect what happened next. Those strong arms of the lead dancer came around him, pulling him close and against his chest. Junhong didn’t mind that Jongup was shorter than he was, he was perfectly fine with snuggling against his warm chest, the body heat fanning through the thin wifebeater.

                Junhong smiled, and even when the thunder roared, he felt secure in Jongup’s arms. “Thanks, hyung.” He murmured, falling closer and closer into sleep. He wedged his head in the place where Jongup’s neck met his shoulder, and he just breathed in the boy’s cologne. He even raised his own arm, draping it around Jongup’s waist. With another crack of thunder, Junhong jumped, as it was the loudest one by far, but when he felt Jongup’s fingers dancing along his spine, the elder’s lips on his head, he relaxed. But then he tensed up again, realizing Jongup must be awake, but then he relaxed again, because if he minded Junhong this close, he would have pushed him away.

                “It’s just thunder, Junhonggie, it can’t get you.” Jongup whispered, and Junhong just pouted.

                “Doesn’t mean it’s not loud and scary.” The maknae argued.

                “I’m here, there’s nothing to be afraid of.” Jongup reassured, running his fingers through the maknae’s blue hair.

                Junhong giggled, not even jumping when the thunder cracked again. “Okay, hyung. Nothing to be afraid of.” He mumbled.

                “Nothing at all.” Jongup added, his fingers trailing down Junhong’s cheek and down his side until his arm rested on Junhong’s waist.

                Junhong relaxed, his eyes falling closed as he drifted off into a secure, comfortable sleep.

THE END.