Meeting the so called "Sunbae-nims"

If This Ain't Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


L’s P.O.V

I saw her again…

She was just right outside our company’s building..

Hugging someone…

Am I heartbroken?

Of course not, you silly.

Am I jealous?

Of what? That? Psh. I can do that. I bet many girls would even want to hug me. Psh.

Am I not liking what I’m looking at?

Well… uh… maybe?

But one thing’s for sure. That guy over there is really trying to get into my nerves. Why is he looking like that to me? He glares like I’ve just snatched his food.

“Myungsoo.” Suddenly Sungyeol putted his hand on my shoulder.

I was startled.

“You okay?”

I held my thumbs up in reply.

“Sure?” He double checked.

“Yeah.” I nodded then bit my lip.

“OKay. Let’s go now.” He looked at his watch. “It’s past 7:00.” He pushed me to the Company Building’s entrance.

That was the last time I saw her, by the way.

 

---------------------------------------

 

A few months after…

 

YOONA’s P.O.V

Its lunch time, and Seohyun, Jong and I decided to eat together. It’s our last week in this school anyway. Well, except for Seo.

“Uwa, a week left ‘till you two graduate. Aren’t you being unfair? You’re leaving me already.” She pouted.

“You sure you’re sad about that?” Jonghyun asked while putting seaweed rolls in his mouth. “Or you’re sad because Yonghwa is leaving?” He teased.

“Aish.” Seohyun stuffed more seaweed rolls on his mouth. “Take this.”

I had to laugh. Jonghyun’s face seemed like a balloon. It was about to burst lol

Jonghyun said something we couldn’t understand.

“You talking in alien language?” Seohyun teased then smiled at him plastically.

He tried to explain by hand gestures but Seohyun was playing dumb.

I smiled. I’m gonna miss this two. I said to myself.

I continued eating my lunch, stuffing my mouth with food food food.

Seohyun stared at me. “You okay, unnie?”

I looked at her then nodded.

She seemed unconvinced.

I chewed then swallowed before answering. “I’m just nervous.” I admitted.

“About graduating or moving out?” She pushed.

“Both.”

“Promise to call us everyday, okay?” Jonghyun managed to swallow down his foods.

I nodded then smiled reassuringly. “By the way…” I looked at Seohyun who was busy with her kimchi. “Seo…”

She looked at me.

“Aren’t you gonna say what you feel about Yonghwa?”

Her eyes opened wide then she blushed.

Jonghyun seemed to feel awkward because he gave more interest on his food.

Seohyun looked away. “Should I?” She gave more interest to her kimchi and said it like it was no big deal.

“I guess?” I said not sure. “Jong…” I poked Jonghyun.

He looked at us confusedly as if he didn’t hear our conversation.

“Stop acting dumb.” I said. “You’re worst in acting. Just act natural, okay? That’s the best way to look dumb.” I joked.

Seohyun forced to stop her laughter.

Jonghyun sent me dirty looks. “Fine, Ms. Dumber. What is it?”

I slapped him before answering. “What do you think? Shall Seohyun confess? Or not?” I asked him.

It took a while for him to answer. “Hmm… Yonghwa’s… uh… really stupid. Though it’s obvious, he doesn’t get what girls feel about him.”

“What do you really feel about him, Hyun? Do you want to take the risk? Are you ready to get hurt or be loved?” I asked her, as if I had experience about romantic relationships. Tss..

She didn’t answer. Instead, she looked away and disappeared in her own little world.

 

---------------------------------------

 

SEOHYUN’s P.O.V

Confess?

I don’t even have the courage to order food on a fast food chain. And now confess? Kidding me right.

=__________=

 

Classes are done and I walked home alone again. Unnie went to have training again while Jonghyun-oppa said he needs to go somewhere. I sighed. Walking home alone brings back lonely feelings and memories. I remember… I used to walk this path alone since I was in kindergarten then things changed when I went to the same school with unnie and Jonghyun-oppa. I never had friends before and I always get bullied. I tried to stand up for myself once but I ended up getting hurt much more. Yoona-unnie said to me once that the best way to get revenge is just ignore them so for the past few years I’ve been doing that. *sigh There are times when I just want to stick my fingers out to their eyes though. You know, Suzy’s friends. They’ve been bothering me ever since. I can’t even remember when they started bullying me.

I took my phone out and started tapping it. I plugged in my earphones and played songs randomly. The song ‘Payphone’ instantly played. I hummed to the tune and continued walking. Suddenly, I saw Yonghwa-oppa on a tteokbokki stand. I took one piece of the earphone out of my ears. “Oppa?”

He probably heard it because he turned around and looked at me. “Oh, Seohyun-ah!” He grinned.

I walked towards him.

“Hungry?” He offered me a bowl of tteokbokki.

I smiled. “Sure.”

He laughed a bit. “Take a seat then.” He offered me the seat beside him.

I sat and he ordered one more serving of tteokbokki.

“Kamsahamnida ~” I smiled at the ahjumma.

“Where’s your unnie?” He suddenly asked.

“Oh, interested again about my unnie, huh?” I teased.

He laughed. “Why bring that up? I’ve moved on already, okay?”

I laughed.

The ahjumma served our tteokbokki. “Enjoy ~” She smiled at me. “By chance… is she your yeoja chinggu, Yong?” She smiled once more. “You’re cute together.”

I instantly shook my head violently.

Meanwhile, Yonghwa-oppa just laughed. “Really? Then will you give us free drinks then, eomeoni?” He joked.

The ahjumma laughed. “Aish… You haven’t really changed, Yong. Fine. Fine. Fine.” Then the ahjumma disappeared probably took some drinks.

Yonghwa-oppa winked at me.

I laughed. “Jinja…”

“Whut?” He looked at me as if I’m unbelievable. “Shouldn’t you just be thankful?”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine. Thank you.” I smiled at him.

He noticed my earphones. “Listening to music?”

I looked at him. "Huh?"

He moved closer to me then took the other earpiece which was hanging freely. He placed it on his ears then started humming Payphone's tune.

I gasped.

I don't know what made me gasp. Maybe because our faces almost touched? Or maybe because of him knowing the song? Or both?

I looked at him, dumbfounded. “You know this song?”

He nodded then smiled.

The ahjumma came with the drinks. “Here you go.” She said then grinned at us.

Yonghwa grinned at her.

“Kamsahamnida, eomeoni ~” We bowed at her.

“Welcome ~” She said. “Stay beautiful and nice, sweetie. You too, Yong.” She teased then went back to work.

Yonghwa-oppa smiled. “Oh, play it back.” He ordered me.

I took out my phone and pressed the replay button. The song started once again and this time Yonghwa-oppa was now singing it. Wow. I’ve never heard him sing English songs. He's good. Actually, very good. I smiled while looking at him.

He sang it playfully, matching the lyrics with funny hand gestures.

I laughed from time to time.

Then suddenly….

“Yong?” A girl’s voice called Yonghwa. We turned to look at the same time.

“Oh.” Yonghwa-oppa seemed shocked but not happy. “What are you doing here?”

“I just went back from America.” She smiled at him. She was pretty and skinny, quite attractive but not that tall. She looked very glamorous and rich. Her dress was cute and matches her well. Her long dark brown hair was tied up into a messy ponytail but her face and skin still radiates beauty. She turned to look at me then smiled. “One of your new friends?” She asked while looking me from head to toe.

Pretty but mean. Ugh.

Yonghwa-oppa looked at me then back at her. “Uh…” He started but his voice trailed off.

The girl looked back at Yonghwa-oppa. “Uh?” She was very persuasive.

Yonghwa-oppa didn’t continue.

“Don’t tell me she’s your girlfriend?”

My eyes widened.

The g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter