Chapter Two

The One Who Loves Me More Than Love

Holy crap. This is a long chapter. I'm sorry. But I think it will be fun to read~ See you at the bottom!

 



   Jungsu was warm. He was swimming in a sea of black wind, but he wasn’t cold or drowning. He felt a comforting warmth surrounding him. It too was content and relaxed. How Jungsu could feel the emotions of something like a color or force, he wasn’t sure or, to be more accurate, he didn’t really care. They just sat there, floating away in the company of the other, not saying anything. Jungsu wanted to go deeper, to slip back further into the dark depths--but his own mind was telling him it was time to leave. He resisted and to his surprise the calm darkness around him quickly felt unsettled and anxious. It wanted him to stay, so why couldn’t he? His mind, however, willed him away and before he knew it, the comforting cool color and warmth was replaced by an obnoxious white light and a cool breeze.

    When Jungsu woke up, he found himself staring at a ceiling that was not his own. In fact, his usual bed of blankets on the floor make his neck and back ache--but he felt no such discomfort this morning.

    This only meant one thing--he was not at home. But then, if he was not at home, where was he and how did he get here?

    “Good Morning, idiot. Sleep well?”

    Jungsu groaned in reply, he knew that voice.

    “You know, I was having a lovely night last evening. I took Hae out to dinner. We made out in his car. I even got close to the point of asking him to come inside, when,” the voice kept growing louder,” I get a call from some girl named Sunny saying that you have passed out in the elevator at work. I mean, no, don’t worry about the fact I dropped everything, raced right over there and hauled your sorry back to my place. And don’t worry about ruining the one chance I had to get laid this week. Nope.”

    “You know,” Jungsu replied, massaging his aching head, “If I didn’t know better, I would assume you are being sarcastic, Hyukjae.”

    “Don’t worry that I don’t have a magical disease that hands me the ing love of my life on a silver platter. Nope, us regular people have to work on our relationships. Build them. Compromise and ,” the man, Hyukhae, continued as if Jungsu had never spoke.

    With another groan Jungsu added, “I hate you, Hyukjae.”

    “Me to, hyung,” came the reply, sarcastic yet humorous.

    A silence fell between them. Jungsu stock of himself. He felt like crap. He felt sick; achy. He didn’t know what was up with his body but he wanted it to stop. He just wanted to go back to bed and be surrounded by the darkness again. But he had work. And rent to pay. And food to procure.

    “If it makes you feel better, the magical disease thing can be a bummer sometimes. I mean, what if I get attached to some low life mafia man? At least you can choose who you get to love. Little .” Jungsu chuckled before messing with Hyukjae’s hair with his hand.

    “He knows hyung, he just likes messing with you,” a new voice, one Jungsu didn’t know, added, “he keeps complaining that since you’re such an old man, someone has to look out for you since you haven’t found your special person yet.”

    The unknown man was smiling dumbly, but it fit nicely with his boyish hair and round eyes--it gave off the overall feeling of sitting with a child rather than the twenty five year old man he was. Jungsu had to assume that this was Donghae, the kid-like boyfriend of the man who had helped him, Hyukjae. Where Donghae was muscled and full, Hyukjae was thin, lanky and edgy. It wasn’t uncommon to see the male sport multiple hair colors in the same week. He followed underground fashion trends and danced in unofficial and unsanctioned competitions in the streets. How the two ever got together, met and started a relationship, Jungsu couldn’t even imagine.

    Ignoring the age joke Jungsu spoke gently towards the man, “You must be Donghae,” he said, “the one this little monkey over here won’t shut up about.”

    Donghae, true to the nature Jungsu had assumed smiled wide and playfully added,”A monkey? I was calling him an anchovy for a while, but hyung is right, hyuk, you do look like a monkey!”

    Hyukjae grumbled while Jungsu and Donghae laughed at his expense.

    “But hyung,” Hyukjae began, looking apprehensive,”you don’t look so hot. You’re deathly pale and you’ve been soaked in sweat all night. Are you ill or something?”

    “I haven’t been sleeping much lately. Lots of work coming my way. I can’t just pass it all by. It would be a waste of opportunity.”

    “Hyukjae is always telling me how hard you work. I know you pay for your own place but hyung, you can always stay with us!” Donghae added smiling. Hyukjae looked at him in horror.

    “No , no,” Jungsu teased,”You and Hyukjae worked hard for this apartment together so it could be just the two of you. I won’t take up one of your rooms. Though…I’m sure you don’t use them both anymore…do you?”

    “Hyung!” Hyukjae wailed. Donghae laughed.

    “Well, at least have dinner with us tonight, hyung? Hyuk can tell you all about the tournaments he won this week!”

    Jungsu sighed, he really wanted to stay. He hadn’t seen his younger friend in many months and Donghae was quickly climbing his way into the favorites of Jungsu’s heart. But he had work at that fancy hotel restaurant again and if the sun in the window was anything to go by, it had to be at least two in the afternoon. “I really wish I could, guys. But I have work. I’m probably late as it is and I still need to run by my house to get some stuff.”

    “Aww! No fair!” Donghae whined, pouting.

    “May I have a rain check?” Jungsu tried to placate him, he really was like a child.

    “Mmm,”Donghae thought out loud, “Okay!”

    He turned to give Hyukjae a sloppy kiss on the cheek before he turned and shuffled out of the room.

    Both Jungsu and Hyukjae watched him leave.

    “He’s adorable Hyukjae. You better keep that one,” Jungsu nagged.

    “I know, Jungsu-hyung. I know,” the other man smiled gumily, still facing the doorway.



    Jungsu barely made it home. Whatever bug he had picked up the previous night was seriously messing with his body. On the train ride home, he had been forced by an old grandmother into the elderly seat because he kept falling over every time the train went around a bend. And as he had walked home, he had to take short rests every block and a half. By the time he had actually walked through his door he was soaked in sweat and on the verge of passing out.

    Once in his home, he simply collapsed onto the tile floor and relished in the way it stopped moving when he lied down. Somehow, he managed to fling his arm up onto the small end table in his entrance way and press the button on his answering machine to play any missed messages.

    Amazingly he had 3. One, from his aunt, asking how he was doing. The second a message from Hyukjae telling him that Donghae missed him and that he really should come over more often. The lastly, and the one Jungsu regretted playing the moment it started was from Sungkyo.

    “Jungsu. Well. Whatever happened last night, I don’t want to know about it. Sunny took over for your shift, so you should probably thank her or something. But I called to tell you that we are hiring you again tonight. However, we need you to come a few hours early to help set up the ballroom for another special event that we’re catering. We’ll pay you extra of course. Anyway. I know you’ll get this in time to help, like always, so see you then.”

    There was a click and a long monotone beep. Jungsu almost cried at the news of going back. He was tired. He wanted to sleep and his body felt like it was falling apart. But rent was rent. Like he had told Donghae and Hyukjae, he had to work--or lose his home. As he pulled himself up to take a shower and get ready, he offhandedly thought about the man in the hotel. His eyes still haunted Jungsu, and he still had the unshakeable urge to touch his skin.



    Jungsu arrived a few minuets late, sputtering apologies to Sunny while bowing rapidly as he walked into the back changing rooms. Having followed him, Sunny explained it was fine and she hadn’t minded because being hostess to a private event really served no purpose. Jungsu laughed lightly and thanked her, turning to her face. He expected to see Sunny’s normal half-smile and glistening eyes, but all he was panic and worry.

    “Jungsu!” she exclaimed, “you look like death! You didn’t have to come if you were so ill.”

    Jungsu wondered what she walk talking about for a second before pulling open the temp locker to sneak a peek at himself in the mirror that hung inside.

    “Holy…” Jungsu didn’t even recognize himself in the mirror. His face was ashen grey and pale. He had dark circles under his eyes and red splotches on his neck that looked like they continued onto his chest. His cheeks look gaunt and hollow and his eyes were somehow simultaneously dull yet glassy. Sunny was right. He looked on the verge of death.

    “Jungu, you should go to the hospital…” Sunny placed her hand on his forearm and tugged lightly, “Come on, I’ll call a cab and tell Sungkyo about you missing work.”    

    Jungsu quickly yanked his arm out of her hands, “I can’t! Sunny, I need this job. I can’t leave today.”

    “But, Jungsu you--“

    “I know. I promise to go once I’m done here,” he lied. He didn’t want to mislead Sunny, but he had no intention of going to the hospital. Though his appearance had startled him, and he felt just as great as he looked, he was convinced that it was simply the twenty-four hour bug. He would get over it. He’d done it before.

    Sunny was silent. He knew that she was teetering on the edge of letting him do as he wished or dragging him off instantly.

    “I’ll call you when I get there too, okay Sunny?” he added. Hoping that it was enough to satisfy the worried woman.

    After a long pause and a sigh, Sunny gave in,”Alright. Fine.”

    Jungsu relaxed.

    “Come on,” she added, throwing his belongings in the locker and swinging the door shut, “You’re going to need some make up if we’re going to hide the fact that your sick to Sungkyo.”

    Jungsu smiled, thanking the gods that Sunny was intrusive, and let himself be pulled along.


    However, it wasn’t not long before Jungsu deeply regretted not taking Sunny offer of going to the hospital.

    Not that he’d given up, no. He’ll power through this crappy feeling his body’s had going on; what made him regret was the request from Sungkyo he’d just been given.

    “Jungsu,” Sungkyo had begun, looking pale with wide eyes,”I don’t know what happened last night, nor do I want to know. But you’ve been requested to head up to the penthouse to privately cater the party that is up there.”

    Sungkyo continued, “You will be up there until the owner of the hotel says you may leave. He said, and I quote,” he made quotation gestures as he continued on,” that you ‘are to satisfy the guests upstairs until they are no longer in need of your services.’”.

    Sunny looked at Jungsu with a mixed expression, Jungsu just stared ahead. Trying to take in the information.

    “Don’t worry about what I called you in for earlier, we’ll take care of that,” Sungkyo continued

    Jungsu nodded and began to walk away. His face was calm, he knew, since Sunny had not said a word of worry to him. The inside was a different matter entirely. He wanted to run. To escape and never come back to this stupid hotel. He cursed his luck. He just wanted to get done on time and get to bed.

    Instead, he did his job. He loaded a tray up with expensive varieties of wine, whiskey and gin before heading to the front desk to get his keys.


    As the elevator door slid open and Jungsu stepped into the apartment, the silence was the first thing he noticed. He had been called here for a party. But there was no noise that would indicate a party. He made a joke to himself about it being a party of dead people, but put the thought aside, knowing it was bad humor.

    He stood there, trying to figure out what was going on when he felt it. Curiosity that was not his own was flowing through him. Anxiety and fear were there too, with a little bravery and courage. Jungsu’s heart sped up. It was happening again.This strange phenomenon that he didn’t want--not now. Not at work. Not when he fell like hell and probably looked like it too.

    “So it was you.” A voice, low, rough and dark spoke from his right.

    Jungsu spun around and was faced with the man from the night before. He was still in the sweats he had last seen him in, though his hair was wet indicating he had taken a shower or bath recently. His face, even in the afternoon light, was just as striking as it had been the privious evening. Though it looked more pale than he had seen it before. Now that Jungsu had a better view, he noticed the man was tall, or at least taller than he was, and broad shouldered. He was a man in every sense of the word. It was funny, Jungsu thought, if he were to compare this man in front of him to himself. Whereas the man was devilishly handsome, most described Jungsu as androgynous beautiful. And if this man in front of him oozed strength with his muscled arms and broad chest, Jungsu was probably laughable with his lithe form and honey styled hair.

    The man continued to stare at him, making him feel unnerved and pressured to answer.

    “Me?” Jungsu quietly replied, trying to be polite in his speech.

    “Park Jungsu. You are the one who delivered the drinks up here last night, right?” The man walked towards him, and with each step Jungsu felt his skin hum.

    He didn’t want to bring up the incident that had occurred, but he found it best to just tell the truth and get the worst over with, “That is my name and yes,  I brought those up.”

    “Interesting,” the bulky man said, coming to a stop right in front of Jungsu, “So why did you interrupt me with my fiance? That certainly wasn’t part of your job description.”

    He wanted to run. Run away and avoid this man and the stupid things he had done to annoy him, but out of nowhere he had developed this obsessive urge to touch him. His mind was jumping between his tired and ill body, the conversation at hand, and the incessant urge to make contact with the mysterious man. He could feel irritation now too--adding to his already jumbled head. All this confusion was making him sick…or was it his sickness that was making him confused?

    He finally ground out, “Thought it was a…rat. Sounded like…caught inna trap.” He took another breath before continuing on, “ I do odds jobs…money. Was gonna…get rid of it.”

    “You don’t look so hot, sit down on the ground. You’re making me feel sick, and I’m ill as it is. ”

    Jungsu, obediently obliged, “Sorry,” he said.

    “Nah--I didn’t like her anyway.” The man chuckled and held out a hand, “I’m Youngwoon by the way. Kim Youngwoon.”

    Jungsu nodded and held out his own, “I told you before but, Jungsu. Park Jungsu.”

    Their hands clasped one another and Jungsu felt instant relief. He had no clue what was going on, but Jungsu couldn’t let go of Youngwoon’s hand. His mind told him that it was probably awkward and he should stop, but his body refused. In fact, his body was begging for more skin--more touching. Jungsu began to crave it and suddenly, Youngwoon pulled him closer; resting his cheek against the blondes', the other man pulled him into his embrace. It felt warm and when Youngwoon placed his hands on his back, Jungsu finally realized how tired he was. Exhausted. He felt so beat, he could fall asleep right here. In fact. He wanted too. He had never been at peace like this before. In his euphoric high from this bizzaro hug, he only felt contentment and lazy happiness from the other party involved.  

    Wait. Right.

    The other party. The other MALE party.

    He pushed Youngwoon away and looked down at his own hands. What the was that?

    Turning towards the other man he found him in the same state as he was, baffled and seeping confusion.

    Quietly, the rough voice asked, “You felt that, right?”

    Jungsu could only nod slowly in reply.

    “So it wasn’t just me, then?” Youngwoon asked, curiosity bubbling from within him.

     Jungsu tried to ignore the foreign feelings. He gulped and lowered his head, “No. I felt it too.”

    “.” he felt panic from across the room, “what time is it?”

    Looking at a clock on the wall he read out loud, “Eleven Thirty in the evening. But that can’t be right.”

    “No--it’s right. Cellphones don’t lie, either.” Youngwoon held up his phone, displaying the time for Jungsu to see.

    If the clock and phone were right, they had been holding on to each other for hours. Over five hours, at least.

   He was startled. They had lost track of time so completely while next to each other.

    Jungsu was parched. How long was this silent staring contest going to go on? He was tired, though he didn’t feel as sick anymore. If only he had some ice water. It would cool him down and keep him awake through this mess. It would be rude to ask, though. So he kept it to himself, trying to get through the night by just imagining it.

    They had moved from the entry way to the grand living room. Their was no party, Youngwoon had told him, he merely wanted to talk to him about last night, though, he hadnt expected this. Still, awkward situations or not, Jungsu’s mouth was dry and it was bothering him to no end.

    All of a sudden, Youngwoon stood up and headed toward the kitchen. Startled by the movement, Jungsu stayed where he was and eyed the man until he rounded the corner. A few seconds later, Youngwoon reappeared with two ice waters in hand. He set them down on the table between them before returning to his seat on the couch.

    Jungsu was flabbergasted.

    “How did you--“

    “I don't know,” Youngwoon continued, putting his head in his hands and looking at the ground, “I can hear what you think. Or, rather, I can hear what you want, or need. Like, how I knew you were thirsty. I got this feeling you wanted water and like instinct, I went and got it for you.”

    Jungsu looked at him, shocked. It was weird enough he could feel Youngwoon’s emotions. Now Youngwoon could tell what he wanted? Exactly what was happening between the two of them?

    “It happened last night too,” the other man said, looking up and making eye contact with Jungsu, “After I touched your cheek, all that I could think about was how much you wanted to run away. You must have been scared less because your need to escape was so bad I almost wanted to go with you.”

    The touch. It had to do with the touch.

    “It was the touch,” Jungsu vocalized,”after you touched my cheek I started to feel your emotions too.”

    He could feel Youngwoon’s anxiety at the new information but Jungsu explained, hoping it would calm him down, “I think it’s like how you know what I want without me vocalizing it. Except I know how you are feeling, even if I can’t see you. When you turned away you were so panicked and angry. I almost lost myself. Especially in the amount of anger--that was overwhelming.”

    Youngwoon, a little more relieved,  looked a bit ashamed and admitted, “I have some temper issues…”

    Jungsu laughed.

    “You laughed.” Youngwoon stated, pointing out the obvious.

    Confused, Jungsu questioned, “Am I not allowed to?”

    Jungsu could feel the tension leaving the others' body now that they were speaking.

    “No. Well, I mean, yes.” He laughed himself, “You know what I mean.”

    Jungsu liked his laugh; it was deep and rough. It suited him.

    “What I meant was, all I saw of you was scared, panicked and tense. It’s refreshing to see you smile and relax a bit, you know?”

    “Yeah. You too,” he agreed, “ after last night, I assumed you were some rage monster. But your more like a sneaky raccoon…”

    “Yah!” Youngwoon shouted. Jungsu could feel the embarrassment and humor in the other. So he just smiled. This man wasn’t as bad as he had thought.

    “You aren’t so bad yourself, you know,” Youngwoon replied to his unspoken statement,” I mean, you could be someone mental, but you are surprisingly
normal. Not counting the fact you can feel my emotions. That’s a little strange.”     “Almost as strange as a man who knows what I want even if I don’t say it,” Jungsu replied.

    “One question though,” the other man asked, ignoring his previous statement, “Why, after you got in the elevator, could I not know what you wanted anymore? It was like instant silence.”

    Jungsu thought on it, but really couldn’t come up with a definite answer. “I’m not sure. Maybe you are limited to sight. Maybe you can only tell what I want if I’m near you.”

    Youngwoon hummed in agreement.

    “Oh!” Jungsu all but shouted, startling the poor man across the table, “It could be because I passed out!” Jungsu smiled at his conclusion, having forgot how the previous night had ended.

    Youngwoon, however, was not as happy, “You what?!” he shouted, “You passed out?!”

    Anger was rolling off of the man, along with pin pricks of concern here and there.

    Nodding and staring at his companion in confusion he quickly said, “Yes. But I was alright. I just didn’t get much sleep.”

    The other was still breathing heavily so he added, “Relax, Youngwoon. I’m fine.”

    Something about that seemed to settle him. After having quickly surveyed Jungsu from where he sat, Youngwoon’s emotions went back to normal and his breathing calmed.

    “Sorry,” he said, “I don’t know why I got so angry.” It was the truth, Jungsu could feel confusion and low-grade panic from him.

    Something was happening between them. He didn’t know what, exactly, but it wasn’t normal.

    “What the hell is going on with us?” Jungsu finaly spoke the question they’d both been avoiding since having met again. He didn’t know what was going on and it scared him. Youngwoon could hear his thoughts and he could feel the emotions of a man he’d only met hours earlier. His mind was running circles around itself trying to touch but not touch Youngwoon and the lack of sleep wasn’t making it any easier.

    Youngwoon was silent for a while. And through the time he thought, Jungsu was trying to read him. No matter how hard he tried, Jungsu could only feel confusion. No concrete thoughts or wants. Jungsu was disappointed.

    “I think,” the dark haired began, “I think I may know.”

    “You don’t sound particularly happy about it,” Jungsu replied.

    Youngwoon sighed. “I’m not. But have to ask a question first.”

    “Shoot.”

    Youngwoon shifted in his seat. Jungsu did not need to read his emotions to know that he was uncomfortable with what was coming.

    “Well,” he began, “when you were born, did you undergo any tests? Like, pre-birth examinations and check-ups?”

    “Of course,” Jungsu replied, “who doesn’t?”

    Youngwoon questioned further, “But did any of them come out abnormal?”

    It was sudden. One second Jungsu was lost in thought and the next, he just knew. With his moment of insight, he confirmed the question,  “Yes…”

    “Which?”

    “Lund’s,” he said shakily, not believing the conclusions his own mind was racing to make, “I tested positive for Lund’s Syndrome.”

    Jungsu felt nauseous. Not only were his own emotions reeling, but Youngwoon’s were changing so quickly he gave up trying to keep track of them. He needed stability right now, not constant changing and shaky thoughts. He was going to drive himself up the wall if it continued. He needed to lie down on the floor, or lay against something stable. He closed his eyes and tried to breathe evenly, but it wasn’t helping.

    Suddenly he felt warmth connect on his wrists and the panic and nausea instantly faded. He was pulled against something strong and solid and he pushed himself deeper into it; closer to it’s source. The world stopped spinning and his anxiety faded away. He calmed, but didn’t open his eyes. Whatever this was, he didn’t want it to disappear. Vaguely, he felt contentment surround him. The warmth was his face, and holding him tightly. He hadn’t realized how tense and tired he was until darkness surrounded him completely. Almost as if it were coaxing him, the warm blackness pushed him into a deep slumber. He followed without complaint and fell willingly into sleep.

 


 

DundunDUN. Muwahaha. Muwahahahahahahaha. Ohhh~ Lookie here! Did they finally figure it out?! Is Jungsu going to be alright? Will Youngwoon ever show off his abs and confess his love in musical form?! (PROBABLY NOT!) Still...find out next time!


Also: If you leave comments, I feel loved. And if I feel loved, I write more. It's been scientifically proven, you know. Just like Lund's. :P

Shout out to iAmToastFood by the way, for being awesome and commenting first. <3