Losing My Mind

Losing My Mind [Oneshot]

 

Losing My Mind

Oneshot:

     “Infinite’s Kim Sunggyu is rumored to be dating…” You pressed the button on the remote control as you rolled your eyes at the news. Two years ago, you told yourself that you wouldn’t care about him anymore. You surfed for another channel but weirdly, everything seemed to feature him and his group.

     “Are you okay?” A husky voice asked as the door closed behind him. You spun around and forced a smile. “You’re watching about him again.”

     “Nahh, I was watching some drama when the news showed that.” You grinned at him. “Yongguk oppa, when are we going back to Seoul? It’s been two years.”

     “For what? So you could see him again? No. And I bet his mother would find you there and do bad things to you again.” Yongguk said as he kissed the top of your head before he settled down next to you. “Remember what they did two years ago.”

     “I know, but they’re supposed to have forgotten about it by now, forgive and forget, right?” You sighed.

     “Why? Don’t you love me anymore?”

     “What are you saying, oppa, of course I do. Silly.”

--

     Sunggyu heaved a heavy sigh as he stared at the photos on the ceiling of his bed in the dorm. It was a collection of photos of you and him together, back then.

     “Hyung, we’re leaving for a photoshoot, you coming?” Myungsoo asked as he peeked inside.

     “I’d rest here with the older boys.” Sunggyu replied as he sat up and fixed himself. “Don’t forget to buy food on your way home, okay?”

     “Psh, hyung, you definitely have more money than us.” Myungsoo rolled his eyes before he closed the door and left.

     ‘I miss you.’ Sunggyu thought to himself as he looked at the photos again, he ran his hand on his hair before standing up. ‘Do you even think of me?’

--

     “We’re going to what?!” Sunggyu stared at the manager as if he was a weird person. “Seriously? For what? Fan meeting?”

     “Heck no, you’re lucky that President has given you a month worth of vacation, since you have finished promoting Nothing’s Over.” Their manager grinned at him. “Go tell the boys, you’re leaving tomorrow night.”

     “What did he say?” Woohyun was fast to ask as the manager left the dorm, Sunggyu spun around and faced him.

     “We’re going to Paris.”

--

     “Infinite’s coming to Paris!” You tried your best putting on a poker face as your best friend, Emily, jumped up and down inside your apartment. “Hey, aren’t you the least bit excited?”

     “I’ve told you about Sunggyu, remember? I won’t like meeting him here. Especially that Yongguk is here too.” You shrugged and flopped yourself on the couch.

     “But it’s a once in a lifetime chance! Unless, you go fly to Korea after they leave.” Emily said as she eyed you. “C’mon, it’s not even a fanmeeting, we’re just going to meet them in the airport.”

     “Fine. But keep it a secret from Yongguk, ok?”

--

     “THEY’RE HEREEE!” Fangirls shrieked everywhere as Sunggyu tried blocking out the noise with his earphones. “Infinite saranghae!”

     “Damn, hyung, I never thought they’d be so wild with us here.” Hoya whispered as he lowered his hood. “So, did you find her yet?”

     “Find who?” Sunggyu muttered as they entered the car quickly.

     “Your ex-girlfriend, hyung, you said she flew to Paris.”

--

     “Damn, did you see him!? Did you!?” Emily said with her high-pitched voice. You scowled at her and rode the taxi that you waved over.

     “I saw him, he still hasn’t changed, and I bet he didn’t even see me.” You mumbled as you stared at the Inspirit album that Emily bought for you, incase they’ll have a surprise fan meet.

     “Maybe he saw you, dummy! I know where they’d be staying! It’s two blocks from your place.” Emily said excitedly, you glared at her.

     “You’re such a stalker.”

--

     “Hyung, what did she looked like again?” Sungyeol asked as they surrounded Sunggyu by the couch of the hotel room. “I think I saw her, there were only a few Koreans there.”

     “When you mean few, you mean about 50 girls.” Dongwoo said. “So, hyung, did you see her?”

     “Why do you keep asking me? I said I didn’t, ok?” Sunggyu frowned. “Let’s go rest.”  

--

     “I heard Infinite’s in Paris, did you go see him?” Yongguk asked as you ate dinner with him. “I heard Emily brought you with her.” ‘Damn.’ You cursed in your head.

     “Yeah, she actually forced me.” You said.

     “Do you still love him?” You stopped chewing and dropped your eating utensils as you tried looking directly in his eyes.

     “I don’t,”

--

     Yongguk drove you the beach the next morning, since you didn’t have anything to do.

     “Waa, I miss the beaches in Korea,” You said as you touched the water and almost tripped when you ran away from the waves. “Let’s go back to Seoul.”

     “I like it here.” Yongguk shrugged and folded his jeans and removed his shoes. “I like it here because you’re far from him.”

     “He’s not your arch nemesis, Yongguk.” You mumbled quietly as you sat by the sand, with a clothe below you.

     “I don’t care; I still think he’s an enemy.” He mumbled. “Let’s go ride the jet ski.”

--

     “Cool beach, this is the best vacation ever!” Sungjong shouted out loud as he wore his shades. “I wish we’ll always have vacations.”

     “What should we do?” Sunggyu asked as he came down from the shuttle bus in his shorts and wife beater. “Oh, look! Jet skiing!”

     “Let’s try it hyung!” Woohyun said excitedly and dragged Sunggyu after him.

--

     You were by the other side of the beach when another Jet Ski zoomed past, you blinked.

     “Kim Sunggyu?” You whispered.

     “What?” Yongguk asked as he looked over his shoulders to see you biting your lower lip.

     “Nothing. I think I’m losing my mind. Aish.” You mumbled. “Let’s go rest first, oppa.”

     “Well, okay, I rented a small room near here; I’ll drop you there first, ok?”

     “Ok.”

--

     You spent about two hours inside the room that Yongguk rented; you came out when you heard noises from outside, boys howling.

     You stepped out and the boy leading the group froze, as well as you, you stared at him directly at the eyes.

     “H-hey,” He called out your name. “We meet again.”

     “Kim…Sunggyu.” You whispered.

     “What’s going on?” A husky voice interrupted, the seven boys plus you, looked behind to see Yongguk with a towel over his shoulders. “Did they do something to you, babe?”

     Sunggyu blinked for a moment before he called out to his group, “Let’s go guys.”

     You watched him walked away dejectedly.

     “Wasn’t that your ex-lover? What is he doing here?”

     “Nothing.”

--

     For days, Emily had told you where they were staying and what was their schedule, you contemplated on meeting them—but Yongguk would always be on the way.

     “Do you really love Bang Yongguk?” You blinked at Emily in surprise, what kind of question was that?

     “Of course, I do.” You said.

     “But it seems to be different with Sunggyu. I think you still long for him.” Emily shrugged.

     “I don’t know, I’m confused, Emily. And I’m afraid, what would Yongguk do to him? He wouldn’t easily let it slip.” You bit your lower lip.

     “Everything’s going to get better, I tell you.”

--

     You were stunned by the slamming on your door the next morning that you immediately shot up from your bed. You groaned and fixed yourself and walked to the door.

     You opened it slowly and saw three police officers standing there; they looked around before they faced you.

     “Miss, is a certain Bang Yongguk related to you?” They asked in French, thankfully, one of the officers were Korean and he translated it when he saw you with a puzzled look.

     “Yeah, he’s my boyfriend.” You said.

     “Well, he’s behind bars now, and he was caught selling last night to high school students. It’d help if you gladly come with us.” The officer said. You nodded and grabbed your coat.

--

     “This is really a mess, girl, I’m coming.” Emily said through the phone as the officers let you take a phone call. “I’d be there in 10 minutes.”

     You sighed and went to the detention cell. “What the hell’s wrong with you, oppa, what have you done?!” You blurted out to Yongguk. “We’re not even in Korea!”

     “I’m broke.” He spat out as he lowered his head. “I terribly needed money, to bring you back to Korea and for my tuition fee.”

     “You could’ve told me.” You softened up.

     “I’m sorry.” He said. “I’m a terrible boyfriend.”

     You stiffened up, now you were really confused with your heart, to where it really belongs. To Kim Sunggyu that you left a few years back or to Bang Yongguk that sacrificed everything to make you happy?

     “Thank god you’re fine!” Emily said as she arrived at the precinct a few minutes later.

     The police officer let you out as soon as Emily told her of your status.

     “You’d be surprised if I tell you that Sunggyu’s on his way here now.” Emily whispered, almost inaudibly.

     “WHAT?! Why?” You said as you pulled her to the corner so that Yongguk wouldn’t hear.

     “I told him.”

--

     Yongguk needed to be deported after being proven guilty that he had sold drugs to high school students. You had never heard from him since, and you’re already preparing to fly back to Korea after Emily paid for your tickets, since she wanted to visit too.

     “Is that her?” “I think so.” “Go talk to her.” You heard whispers from the seat behind you; you ignored them as you distracted yourself while talking to Emily.

     “I never told you that I took the seats infront of Infinite, huh?” You blinked at her.

     “You’re crazy.” You mumbled.

     “I know you still love him, more than Yongguk.” Emily said. “And he had told me that he still does love you, when he went to pick us up in the precinct.”

     “I don’t believe you.” You whispered with a scowl.

     “Then don’t, but he’d prove it.”

--

     You didn’t hear anything about Yongguk anymore when you arrived in Korea, you felt heartbroken and empty, and he seemed to have disappeared in the face of earth.

     “Hey, we’re going to a hall later.” Emily told you as she placed make-up on her face.

     “Why does it seem that you know more about everything happening here more than me?” You asked her with an eyebrow raised.

     “Just because.” She winked at you.

--

     The hall was empty, except for eight boys that were wearing masks plus you and Emily.

     “What the hell?” You spat out as you looked around, different balloons were in the air, and flower petals were on the floor. “What is this—“

     The lights dimmed and the spotlights were focused on you and two boys wearing a pink mask and a blue mask.

     The boy wearing the pink mask removed his mask and you gasped at him, “Yongguk oppa?!”

     “The one and only.” He grinned, “Someone here wants to propose to you about something.”

     You blinked at him as the boy wearing the blue mask removed his mask and grinned at you. “Kim S-Sunggyu.”

     “Would you take this back?” He grinned at you as he showed you a heart shaped pillow with the words ‘My Heart’ written on it. “I’ve missed you and I still love you and I blame myself that you left.”

     “What…? But…”

     “Yongguk is an obstacle, he planned this with me.” Sunggyu grinned; you scowled at the two of them. “So…?”

     “You’re all stupid.” You blurted out. “So Emily’s involved in this?”

     “Of course.” Emily grinned at you.

     “So…?” The nine faces stared at you.

     “I’ve been waiting for this moment, I’m sorry for leaving you, Sunggyu. Saranghae.” You said and took the pillow.

     “Whatever the reason is, I love you, you,” He said and pulled you to a hug.

     “I lost my mind once I left you back then, I think I won’t like losing it again.”

     The fairytale ended that way, and the prince and princess happily lived ever after.

 



 

Word count: 2, 050

Thank you for reading!

This was actually a random one!

Please request at our site for more oneshots.

I’m a writer there too. 8D