Down the road

My home is wherever you are

The first part is small since it's more like an intro to the second part. I liked how my idea turned out, hopefully you'll like it too :3

The first song is "Down the road" by Plain White T's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gEasKhckrc). Have fun reading!


First: Down the road

 

Lost myself again,
Didn't care,
I was missin',
Said goodbye to friends,
And drove away,

I just don't belong in a town,
Where no one listens,
Even if I'm wrong,
I'll find a way..

 

Myungsoo closed the door to his home. A sudden sadness hit him, when the lock clicked. He leaned against the door for a moment and took a deep breath. 1…2…3 A smile formed on his lips. With one swift movement he pushed himself away from the door and walked straight through the garden towards the street. Not once did he take a look back. Myungsoo left the place behind he had called his home for more than 17 years. The house that held memories of him and his family, but he gladly left them behind. It felt good to just walk away and be free. The only things he took with him were a bag of clothes, some money and his guitar. That was more than he needed. Music could get him everywhere, that’s what the boy wanted to believe in right now.

 

Gotta get away from here,
Find a way to disappear,
Say goodbye to everything and everyone I know,
Gotta go and leave this town,
All it does is bring me down,
I just wanna tell my friends no matter where I go,
I'll see them down the road.

 

As he walked down the streets no person crossed his way. It was 4 a.m. and no one in his or her right mind would be awake right now – the perfect time to sneak away unseen. With each step he took Myungsoo felt his feet getting lighter. His heart beat faster as he thought about the future, though he didn’t think of anything, but that’s exactly why he felt so good. No work, no school, no family that’s nagging him, no friends to meet, no place to be at. No obligation at all. The boy was feeling like the only person in the world right now, in a good way. Maybe if Myungsoo told the sun to shine, it would suddenly rise or if he wished for rain, the sky would part and flood the streets.

Today was the start of a new life and a new Myungsoo. No more L, he was Myungsoo now and that boy was as free as a bird.

 

Lost myself again,
No one knew I was missing,
Said goodbye to dad,
And his new wife.

Studder around this lawn,
Now sick and tired of wishing,
Even if I'm wrong,
I'll still be right.

 

It was already 5 a.m. when he finally reached the main station. Some people were already moving around, busy running to their train or buying a coffee before going to work. The air told a story of nicotine, sweat, heavy cologne and time. Time was essential for this place. How could a railway station work without time? They needed time to measure the arrival and departure of trains. Time was needed to put humans into numbers, who used the trains. Myungsoo could feel the heavy pressure of time in the surroundings. The boy had been a slave of time all his life, but not anymore. Now time had no more power over him. So the boy did what he had always wanted to do: He just took the first train he saw. It didn’t matter what the destination was, he didn’t even get a ticket. As the train started moving, Myungsoo put his belongings on one of the seats and sat down on another. On the other side of the window he could see the city passing by. It was a strange feeling of closure. He leaned against the seat and closed his eyes. Just take me far away, he thought as he slowly drifted into sleep.

 

Gotta get away from here,
Find a way to disappear,
Say goodbye to everything and everyone I know,
Gotta go and leave this town,
All it does is bring me down,
I just wanna tell my friends no matter where I go,
I'll see them down the road.

I'm sick of dreaming,
I would rather stay up all night,
Live my own life,
Don't worry about me!


*hides in a corner* I'll put the second part online too, because I like it more and I'm already done. Thanks for reading <3