Know Your Enemy . . . And Your Friend

Of Chaos and Mysteries

Siwon almost jumped out of his seat when someone slammed a folder containing at least ten pages of paper. He sat up straight on his chair and lazily glanced at the item before turning his attention to the person who disturbed his nap time. 

"What is this Sooyoung?" The girl rested her hands on her waist. She believed long time ago that the Choi guy was born to mess with her life from the moment she was assigned to be his personal assistant. In other words, she is tasked to do all the boring work for him while he gets all the action in every mission. It's been like that five years and counting.

"Files and information." She blurted out before sitting at her table adjacent to Siwon.

"I know what it is. What is this one about?" He didn't even bother to touch it and dropped his body back.

"Read it yourself. It about our next mission." She made herself busy by scribbling some notes while reading through some of their target's profile.

She wonders why Siwon is like that. For one moment he's treating her like a slave, making her read all the documents and even asking her to make coffee for him at 2 o'clock in the morning. Then he suddenly turns into a perfect gentleman, from walking with her to her car past midnight to delivering surprise breakfast to her table.

She couldn't help but take a sneak at him and she could only roll her eyes when Siwon isn't even laying a finger on the object. "Read it now because we will have a meeting with the team in 15 minutes."

Siwon jumped off his seat and went over to her table. "Did you have dinner already?"

She was dumbfounded by him yet again. Another thing is that she gets hesitant in his simple question. She'll get the same result no matter what her reply is but she doesn't understand the increase in her heartbeat with the thought of them having dinner together, again. "No."

He took her hands and dragger her outside. "Then come with me and eat." He chuckled as he casually puts his arms over her shoulder.

~_~_~_~_~_~

Jungsu glanced at his wristwatch for the third time. "Where are those two?" he mutters as he impatiently taps his fingers at the huge table. "Your brother is really punctual, Seohyun."

Seohyun just gave an apologetic bow and moments later, Siwon and Sooyoung arrived.

Jungsu sighed in relief that the meeting can now proceed. He was sitting in the middle, of course, he is the team leader anyway.

To his left is Kyuhyun and Shindong. To his right is Seohyun then Siwon then Sooyoung. Jungsu cleared his throat but Kyunhyun halted him. "Hyung, she is still not here."

As if on cue, the door slides open, revealing a pretty petite girl. "Unnie! You're back!" Sooyoung and Seohyun said in union.

Taeyeon smiled widely at them before sitting next to Shindong. Taeyeon had been out on a 6 months vacation and thus she has been missing in action. They have been the finest and the best but her absence made a great impact. They have been having trouble without Taeyeon's invisible bullet outside the danger zone.

Jungsu didn't even know how long he zoned out because her, if it wasn't for Kyuhyun snapping a finger in front of him, he would have still lingered his eyes at Taeyeon's soft-featured face.

"OK team! This one is the most serious and important mission." 

 

 

And so they enter the monster's cave. . .

 

~_~_~_~_~_~

They opened the files and scanned through it as Jungsu makes his statements

"Hwang Miyoung is the daughter of the infamous Hwang Jungmin. Who is he? A very lucky, fortunate even, casino gambler. He can actually be blacklisted in some casinos at Las Vegas if possible. But one night turned their future upside down. He was killed near the last casino he played at. Worst comes to worst, Miyoung and her mother saw a glimpse of the gunman from afar. Luck was really on their side of the family because they were able to run away but not without receiving blackmail message from the killer."

Jungsu paused for a moment and relaxed himself before continuing to the severe part of the tale.

"Hwang Miyoung and her mother migrated here at Seoul and their life was peaceful . . . for at least 3 years. Because they were ambushed at their own house." Jungsu felt like choking upon the information he was giving out. He, himself, felt pity and anger but he should remain calm, just like he always did. "There was at least five men armed with guns and murdered her mother. Those men didn't even hesitate to shoot Miyoung too but the good thing is that help arrive almost on time."

"How is this related to our mission?" Taeyeon impatiently questioned. Although it's been 4 years since she worked with him, she still couldn't get used with his detailed explanation and long blabbering.

"We will get to that, . . . later." He didn't even raised his head from the paper he was reading. "Hwang Miyoung has been under comatose for 3 years. Fortunately, just a few weeks later, we were informed that she been awake and doing very fine. So our mission is. . . .drumroll please."

Shindong then drummed his palms at the table. Sooyoung and Taeyeon couldn't stop themselves from rolling their eyes. When Shindong came to his dramatic tap on the table. . . .

"We need to protect Hwang Miyoung at all cost." Jungsu scanned their reactions and he just love it when they are totally listening to what he is going to say next. "Her life is in danger because she's the only one who knows where 'that' precious stone is hidden. Seriously, they are after her because 'that' stone will take us a life time to own, even a millionaire will need at least 10 years to fully pay for it."

All the people inside widen their eyes at Jungsu. "Who do we need to kill?" A very straightforward question came from Siwon.

"Right now we still don't know who and how many but our primary objective now is get out of Seoul Hospital before someone else beats us to it. We must keep her here and never let her leave until we bury those bad guys 6 feet below the ground. In addition, we are tasked to know where ever that hidden treasure is and we must report it to Master Choi ASAP. Then Master Choi's advance team will seek for it and give it back to it's rightful owner." 

"So what's step one?" Sooyoung casually asked their leader.

"Kyuhyun already tracked where she is sooooo, get her tomorrow night and keep her under protection."

 

And action!

 



Hey there! I'm alive and I promise I will finish this story but I it will take long so keep your "update soon" to yourself OK?

Read the foreword again so that your heart will be prepared for the ending ok?