{ -one simple kiss- }

One Simple Kiss


One Simple Kiss--


“Sol!” Minae’s voice echoed in the hallways. Her quick footsteps were ringing on the floor as she tried to catch up with her best friend. The hallways were packed, and she couldn’t wait to get to him immediately.

“Sol?” She stopped at the end of the hallway. A lot of people were blocking her way, and she swayed right and left as she tried to look at where he went. The bell rang, and all the people went to their respective classrooms. When the hallways cleared, a faint smile reached up to her lips. But it faded when she looked at the stairways and saw he wasn’t there. She bit her lip, and blinked.

Minae sighed and leaned on the wall, as she slid down and bowed her head.

“Guess he’s really trying to ignore me,” She frowned. Is it because of the chips? Or the movies? Minae tried to rack a reason in her mind. “Or is it because I said I wasn’t prepared…” Her shoulders drooped and her lips were pressed in a thin line. She didn’t care if she was late, since she’s used to it anyway. She was reminded of Hansol again. The both of them were always going to detention together. Another sigh escaped from her lips.

“What are you still doing here?” A voice caught her by surprise.

“Seunggwan!” Minae’s head snapped up and her eyes widened. “What are you still doing here?” He repeated, slowly approaching her side and sliding down the wall beside her as well. A bitter chuckle found its way out of her lips. “Sorry for not answering immediately… but I was looking for Hansol,” She sadly replied. “Why are you here?” She managed to choke out. “I used the bathroom as an excuse,” He said. “You weren’t in your seat, and I was worried as a friend,” He continued.

Seunggwan was her seatmate and friend from her class. They were both close, and they hung out when Hansol wasn’t there to go with her.

“Anyways, did you guys fight?” He quietly asked. The cease from his forehead faded.

“No,” Minae’s voice cracked, but still continued after a short pause. “We didn’t fight, at least I think so.” A frown formed in her lips. “He confessed two days ago,” She revealed. Seunggwan’s face was unreadable. “He confessed, but I said I wasn’t prepared,” Minae bit her lip. “I guess he’s affected, but I don’t blame him. It was my fault,” She found herself saying. “I like him back, more than a friend I may add, but we’re both just a bunch of 16 year olds. I’m not sure if we’re ready for this.” She turned her head to see Seunggwan playing with his fingers.

“I feel you, Minae,” Seunggwan lifted his head and gazed at her. “I confessed to someone a month ago, but I don’t seem to be over it.” A bitter smile crept up to his face. “A month is long,” He motioned. “She rejected me, saying the same response. And I waited for her, and is still waiting now- but she actually got a boyfriend when after a day or two after that.” Seunggwan bowed his head; feeling the pain from a month ago.

“It wasn’t fair…” His voice screamed pain. “And I’m saying this as a friend, Minae.” Seunggwan turned his head and gazed at her again with pained eyes. “Don’t make the same mistake as that girl did. You said you liked him back- then go for it.” He said; determined. “I’m giving you blessing, and make sure to make me the first person to know when you’re engaged.” The old Seunggwan was back, and he was smiling at her goofily.

“Go for it,”

After minutes of silence, Minae finally replied.

“Seunggwan… I think you’re right…” She was gaining hope. “Maybe I should answer him after all.” She stood up and dusted her skirt. She was seeing a reason to smile. “Thank you, Gwannie~” Her old spirit was back, and she felt like she was in the clouds. “You’re the best,” She pulled him in for a hug. “Go back to class. I have someone to catch up to,” A bright smile appeared as she pulled away. “I love you, second bestie,” Minae winked.

She turned to run away. “Tell Mr. Kim I’m absent!” She shouted.

Seunggwan looked at her fading figure, as he nodded. “Good luck… bestie.” He started to smile. “It’s up to fate if Jiyeon and me are truly soul mates.” He left with a light heart.

--

“Mr. Choi? Mrs. Choi?” Minae knocked on the door in Choi’s residence.

“Coming, dear~” She could hear the water running but was turned off shortly after. Minae tucked a hair behind her ear and tapped her foot patiently. When the door opened, Mrs. Choi was delighted to see Minae. “What brings you here, honey? You have classes, am I right?”

She smiles shyly and stands up straight. “Annyeonghaseyo, ahjumma! Yes, we do, but since my best friend isn’t present in class I thought I could pay him a visit. Is he here?” Minae asked politely. The older woman’s laugh tinkled. “He’s up stairs.” She smiled knowingly. “I believe you know the way to his room?” Mrs. Choi gives a knowing wink. “A-ahjumma! It isn’t like that,” Minae flushes red.

She laughs once again, “Okay then, if you say so, Minae.” She made way so Minae could come in. “Thank you,” Minae smiles brightly at her and bows. She finds her way to Hansol’s room as Mrs. Choi’s eyes twinkled in delight. “I know it. She’s my perfect daughter-in-law.” She smiled and turned away to work on lunch.

Meanwhile

“Sol?” Minae knocked on his door. No answer.

“Ver, open up!” She jokingly yells outside. Still nothing. She huffed and twisted his door knob. It was surprisingly opened. “Psh, this crazy guy,” Minae muttered.

She looked around his room. It wasn’t the first time she was there, but she was still fascinated by his room. His room was painted in baby blue and white, and it gave off a comfortable feeling. His room was clean, even though he was a guy. Some Barbie toys were scattered on the floor.

Minae held in a laugh. Sofia must’ve been torturing him, She thought. Sofia was Hansol’s younger sister. She was very cute, and she was a 10-year old kid who liked to play Barbie. They’re often playing, and from what Hansol sees, Sofia really adores her as an eonnie.

Minae walked a little closer to his bed, and was surprised to find a picture of them both- posing. She still remembered that day when they went to Lotte World. She softened, and her heart warmed. Minae stood there, arms crossed and eyes warmly looking at the photo.

All of a sudden, she heard a creak, and that made her jump a little.

Minae clutched her heart, and her eyes were wide open; looking at the bed. “Why are you here?” Hansol icily asked; eyes still closed.

She started to walk towards him, when suddenly she tripped on something and she fell. Then after a second she opened her eyes and found another pair of eyes looking at her. They were smiling this time.

“S-sol!” Minae squeaked. She tried getting up, but she failed in doing so and just fell again. A groan was heard from the person below her, and it caused her to apologize. “A-ah! Mianhae, m-mianhae, Sol!” She stood up successfully this time, but her cheeks were tinged pink.

“Mian,” She says softly again; eyes closed. Then all of a sudden she hears laughing. She opened her eyes and found her best friend laughing. “Yah! Why are you laughing?!” She flushed even more.

The anger seemed to fade in Hansol, as he continued laughing. “Y-you-A-ae-” He couldn’t make out the right words. This annoyed Minae a bit, and unconsciously she did something surprising. Minae kissed him. When she kissed him, she felt so superior. So high. She felt butterflies in her stomach, and her heart was beating fast. Her cheeks were red, and Hansol did something unexpected that caused her to blush even more.

He kissed back. Hansol pushed her on the bed and kissed her. He s his arms on her waist, and she slid her arms on his neck as well. When they were out of breath, they pulled away. They were forehead to forehead, and her face was as red as a tomato. “W-what-” She started speaking. “Oh, shut up.” Hansol took her lips again, with more love this time.

With just one simple kiss, they knew they were okay again.


Author's Note--
Yey~ So One Simple Kiss is now done :)) Sequel anyone? XD lol no, i'm not taking any sequel poops XD it's hard to think of one when they're already in a happy ever after mode keke did you like it? stay subscribed to my stories to find more seventeen one shots~ ppyong <33 bye bye! - jinjinjin.